Microsoft releasing “discless” Xbox free and disc to digital in 2019

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Also i will never fukk with Digital Games unless they are PC or less than $20

too many stories like this out there. PS and Microsoft don't have the customer service of Steam to guarantee me my games.

I lost my Xbox Live account with all of my digital downloads on it about four months ago. It was a perfect storm of 5-year-old button smashing and an identity theft issue that caused me to change my phone number in less than an hour. I didn’t even know my account was locked when I changed my phone number. Without my old phone number, I can’t reset my password. According to my carrier, my phone number was given to a GPS device that doesn’t receive calls or texts. I’ve spent hours upon hours on the phone with Microsoft and Xbox, and they won’t help me. I now have 83 digital games that cannot be played. I’ve lost about $4,000 and five years of game progress because of an accident. Xbox Support’s solution is to try three passwords every day until I guess the right one. Ridiculous. I wonder how many other people this has happened to.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The announcement is a huge blow to PlayStation fans who have been looking forward to the upcoming games. Especially since the company cancelled its PlayStation Experience event that usually happens in December earlier this year, the decision to not attend E3 next year is certainly quite interesting. It’s possible Sony will hold another event next year, though the company said it won’t hold a press conference around the same time as E3.

Sony gettting too confident.

someone needs to remind them how the 360 whipped their azz
:mjlol: What the fukk has this got to do with Sony?

And the PS3 actually ended up selling more than the 360 despite debuting a year later and selling for $600

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
“GameStop” said:
tumblr_m10erncSRJ1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Wonder how big the hard drive is gonna be in this. The disc to download promo is nice for this.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I could not buy a fukking disc ever again.

Imagine having to look through a cd case or a drawer with disc covers to find the game you want to play.

Imagine nikkas waiting in the lobby for y'all to bang out on some squad shyt and you say, into the mic, "aye, brehs, hold up a sec, let me find the disc."

MY BAD Y'all. Just....*rustling through discs*...just... OH WAIT, I got it!!!:blessed:

Send that muh fukkin' invite!!!":mjlit:

*Opens case - different game*:dwillhuh:

""Y'all just play a couple without me...":beli:

FOH:pachaha:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I definitely don't see next-gen being disc-less only, but Sony/Microsoft having a cheaper option for those who don't want a disc.

Internet is still too bad in some areas, and there are gamers who want options, collecting, trading, etc.

I have a mixture of digital/physical, typically only buying digital when PSN has a really good sale or for smaller indie titles. Whenever the major publishers decide to offer digital new at a lower price than physical though :whew:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I could not buy a fukking disc ever again.

Imagine having to look through a cd case or a drawer with disc covers to find the game you want to play.

Imagine nikkas waiting in the lobby for y'all to bang out on some squad shyt and you say, into the mic, "aye, brehs, hold up a sec, let me find the disc."

MY BAD Y'all. Just....*rustling through discs*...just... OH WAIT, I got it!!!:blessed:

Send that muh fukkin' invite!!!":mjlit:

*Opens case - different game*:dwillhuh:

""Y'all just play a couple without me...":beli:

FOH:pachaha:
Who the hell do you play with? 12 year olds?
I have a huge physical collection and none of that has ever happened to me.
Ya'll really out here putting games in other cases and leaving them face up on the dresser or something? :picard: