Microsoft releasing “discless” Xbox free and disc to digital in 2019

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
I ain’t bought a disc since 2K17. The Division lol.

Won’t buy a disc if I don’t have to either.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I lost my Xbox Live account with all of my digital downloads on it about four months ago. It was a perfect storm of 5-year-old button smashing and an identity theft issue that caused me to change my phone number in less than an hour. I didn’t even know my account was locked when I changed my phone number. Without my old phone number, I can’t reset my password. According to my carrier, my phone number was given to a GPS device that doesn’t receive calls or texts. I’ve spent hours upon hours on the phone with Microsoft and Xbox, and they won’t help me. I now have 83 digital games that cannot be played. I’ve lost about $4,000 and five years of game progress because of an accident. Xbox Support’s solution is to try three passwords every day until I guess the right one. Ridiculous. I wonder how many other people this has happened to.
searching for this text only brings me back to the coli

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Wonder how big the hard drive is gonna be in this.
there's really no difference as far as how much space games will take up, since the games on disc install to the hard drive as well

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't like it. It's basically you can't get your money back "No refund" like :umad:

Y'all have no problem to buy Blu-Ray, 4K Blu-Ray Disc but yet y'all having problem with video game disc? :what:

Actually, on Steam and Origin you can get a refund on a digital purchase if you’ve played it 5 hours or less. I did it a few times on Steam.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Wonder if they’ll let people get refunds or trade them in towards something if they can do that, gamestop really bout to get fukked over and become blockbuster 2.0
Exactly what i was thinking. I know once i beat a game i dont usually play it again. Id rather have the choice of digital or disc for trade in value after. Gamefly is gonna feel it too

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually, on Steam and Origin you can get a refund on a digital purchase if you’ve played it 5 hours or less. I did it a few times on Steam.

Oh okay, Never knew about that cause I've never played on Steam thou. But we talked about PS, Xbox console here so are they willing to do that to give you a refund?. Look at @goatmane 's posted...that's the problem. I remember I copped Dreamfall: The Longest Journey digital on Xbox 360 then later on it removed due to the license issue and I got heated. I called Microsoft and Xbox about get a refund so we went back and forth with this shyt and nothing they can do about it so I learned my lesson, never buy digital games.

However, I did buy some digital games on PSN cause of the sales but for $60 digital game?......HELL NO!. Plus, also, I love to have my collection games.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Game Pass and removing old obsolete ways of doing this.

Xbox is truly for the gamers :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
yall gonna have to drag me kicking and screaming into the disc less future :yeshrug:

Yea, I agree.... I miss the days of not only games with disk but also the big booklets that had all the artwork, control settings, hints, storyline and etc.

Electronic Arts.... before they got bougie and decided to just go by EA... use to drop thick ass BOOKS :russ:

I know none of you young kids remember or werent alive back then.... but in the older days... for like sports games like Madden (when it was "John Madden's Football") they used to have like the roster and dossier of every team in the game. Same with the old NBA Live.

No you just get fukking fold out pamplet or some games dont even give you a book:gucci:

Man I miss them days:mjcry::flabbynsick:

Martha