Microsoft releasing “discless” Xbox free and disc to digital in 2019

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
So check this out apparantley out of protest gsmestop says they wont sell the discless xbox at all.

Anything that hurts their used game sales they wont support

Gamestop won't stock discless Xbox One, could also scrap all Xbox systems - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs

Dumb. They should be offering download codes at a discount. Make their online store the place to go for codes. They’re making the same mistake Sears’ made in cancelling its catelog the year before Amazon launched. Adapt. Can’t stop the future.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I definitely don't see next-gen being disc-less only, but Sony/Microsoft having a cheaper option for those who don't want a disc.

Internet is still too bad in some areas, and there are gamers who want options, collecting, trading, etc.

I have a mixture of digital/physical, typically only buying digital when PSN has a really good sale or for smaller indie titles. Whenever the major publishers decide to offer digital new at a lower price than physical though :whew:

I do digital for games both my kids and I play since they have their own ps4 and for shooter games I'll play extensively like the Battlefield series

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't trust Microsoft enough to go all digital with them. Too much bs that could happen resulting in me getting locked out of my library.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Comcast thinking of all the data cap overage charges thanks to Microsoft:
giphy.gif
gone use whole data for a month downloading a game & never get to play:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't trust Microsoft enough to go all digital with them. Too much bs that could happen resulting in me getting locked out of my library.

Yep... these fools gonna learn when microsoft's system server crashes for some odd reason and all these fools locked out of their accounts?!!? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: that meltdown gonna be crazy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Yep... these fools gonna learn when microsoft's system server crashes for some odd reason and all these fools locked out of their accounts?!!? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: that meltdown gonna be crazy
They can’t stop you from playing games you already purchased and downloaded to local storage.