Microsoft is laying off 1900 people across its Xbox, Activision and Zenimax teams

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
man, i am very unsure about the future of COD because even their studios aren't safe. I think Microsoft is going to be cheap and get contractors which will impact the quality of the series. Hopefully somebody picks up these devs and give COD some competition

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If I had to guess some of this will be to have better alignment among the franchise.

Call of duty has been a disjointed mess for over 15 years depending on the studio.

With BR being the primary game mode and money driver at the moment the franchise needs more continuity.

Folks have been asking for them to stop pushing these new games every year that fukks up the game and it's meta. Those changes come with layoffs.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
man, i am very unsure about the future of COD because even their studios aren't safe. I think Microsoft is going to be cheap and get contractors which will impact the quality of the series. Hopefully somebody picks up these devs and give COD some competition

Rightful concern. MS don't care much after they grab the IP. :yeshrug:Rare effectively turned to trash the instant they were bought.

I'll always be bitter over how they handled Halo.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Rightful concern. MS don't care much after they grab the IP. :yeshrug:Rare effectively turned to trash the instant they were bought.

The canceling of Odyssey is a direct result of lessons learned from redfall.

Trash it and move on. Who gives a fukk how long they spent on it if it isn't in good shape.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I like the MP of 5 and Infinite, but to see the series because a shell of itself is sad. The game are enjoyable, but Halo franchise should def be in a much better spot than it is. There's a generation of gamers that don't know or willing to care about the franchise and that's bad

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is abhorrent. The profits this company makes in a quarter renders all of this unnecessary. Phil can eat a dikk with all this team we'll keep crafting stories people love bullshyt or whatever he said.

247Alex

Pro
Daps
hell ya hopefully this is a nice catalyst for the stock
had a huge year last year hoping for more of the same.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Xbox Activated Zeni-AX :wow:

full

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is a really bad look. In an earlier post, I assumed it was mostly corporate roles being axed but they gutted a lot of the smaller studios out and shut down entire teams. I can't see that being a win for anyone other than shareholders.

How have gamers benefitted from the ABK acquisition at all?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
yikes, and this was a team that people thought would be working on banjo or new platformers. The suits have taken over Microsoft, and Satya is one cold dude. I wouldn't be shocked if he replaces these workers with AI

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yikes, and this was a team that people thought would be working on banjo or new platformers. The suits have taken over Microsoft, and Satya is one cold dude. I wouldn't be shocked if he replaces these workers with AI

Also, from Bloomberg-

“When the Microsoft acquisition was finalized, some Blizzard staff were hopeful that they might be able to switch back to Unreal Engine rather than trying to finish the game on Synapse. In an interview at BlizzCon in November, Ybarra said that their new parent company would offer them the freedom to use the technology of their choice without having to go through the board of directors as in the past.”

This guy just straight up went to activision blizzard studios and lied to their faces. :francis: