Microsoft is laying off 1900 people across its Xbox, Activision and Zenimax teams

Canon

Veteran
Daps
man, i am very unsure about the future of COD because even their studios aren't safe. I think Microsoft is going to be cheap and get contractors which will impact the quality of the series. Hopefully somebody picks up these devs and give COD some competition

:sas1: all that fear mongering about why MS should be allowed to buy them and they are doing exactly what anyone with a brain predicted they would do

being fukking cheap and making cuts

Daps
This is a really bad look. In an earlier post, I assumed it was mostly corporate roles being axed but they gutted a lot of the smaller studios out and shut down entire teams. I can't see that being a win for anyone other than shareholders.

How have gamers benefitted from the ABK acquisition at all?
Hopefully it'll be a win for gamers when this talent forms independent studios that do what they want to do and port games where they want to port them.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: I bet their packages is nice as fukk

cam%27ron-pause.gif

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I was always shocked to see how many in the industry posted there when they don't care about the actual devs and others in the industry

It's genuinely not that much anymore. It's like 1 or two developers for a big name company. Two indie directors. and a bunch of people that claim but refuse to be verified.

It's nothing like GAF at its prime sadly.

That post doesn't even make sense considering era has a hard no-no on NFTs, AI, etc

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I was always shocked to see how many in the industry posted there when they don't care about the actual devs and others in the industry
devs shoulda knew what time resetera was on when they shytted on harry potter game.. hating the game cause the creator of the universe, that didnt develop the game though, because her views dont align with yours is wild shyt to hate on the developers hard work

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:sas1: all that fear mongering about why MS should be allowed to buy them and they are doing exactly what anyone with a brain predicted they would do

being fukking cheap and making cuts
They said MS would give all these devs the freedom and resources they drastically need to make bigger and better games.

Seems like unemployment was the only freedom MS was offering.

:francis: