“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That’s not true.

90s 2000s had lots of middle ground franchises and developers that don’t exist anymore in the $60 console space.

Look how many franchises sony themselves have had to throw in the bushes. It’s either a huge game like GOW or they don’t make it.

It’s just like movies now. Either it has to be a huge blockbuster or it needs to go to streaming.
Is that due to price, or bad games/genre fatigue?

It’s not like game sales dropped off heavy, it’s just the fact consumers went other directions with their money.

Ubisoft isn’t doing well because instead of being creative they decided to release 89 versions of assassins creed. It’s genre fatigue

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is that due to price, or bad games/genre fatigue?

It’s not like game sales dropped off heavy, it’s just the fact consumers went other directions with their money.

Ubisoft isn’t doing well because instead of being creative they decided to release 89 versions of assassins creed. It’s genre fatigue
Look at the chart.

It’s due to the fact that all of the growth in the gaming market over the last 30 years has been PC and mobile.

Assasins creed still sells a lot of games.

It costs more and more every year to make Assasins creed games, but there’s no way to grow the assasins creed market along with the overall games market unless they find some other way to reach people.

Sony doesn’t make a lot of profit off their games. Sonys business is reliant on the few COD, Fortnight, Apex, Minecraft, Destiny, etc of the industry.

Ubisoft doesn’t have one of those games to sustain them.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Look at the chart.

It’s due to the fact that all of the growth in the gaming market over the last 30 years has been PC and mobile.

Assasins creed still sells a lot of games.

It costs more and more every year to make Assasins creed games, but there’s no way to grow the assasins creed market along with the overall games market unless they find some other way to reach people.

Sony doesn’t make a lot of profit off their games. Sonys business is reliant on the few COD, Fortnight, Apex, Minecraft, Destiny, etc of the industry.

Ubisoft doesn’t have one of those games to sustain them.
Nah gotta disagree, we’re seeing GAAS games start to fail because folks are tired of them. Same thing happened with the racer genre, platformers etc.

People don’t buy a PS5 for Fortnite/Apex.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah gotta disagree, we’re seeing GAAS games start to fail because folks are tired of them. Same thing happened with the racer genre, platformers etc.
Not the big ones. Those are still growing. But there’s only so much space for them. All of the games that are trying to copycat have to take users away from those games and that just impossible to do at this point.
People don’t buy a PS5 for Fortnite/Apex.
Look at the top played and grossing games. Those are the games people are playing and spending money on. By Sony’s own admission without COD they can’t make the GOW type games(which i think is an exaggeration for court reasons, but still some truth to it)

People definitely do buy PS5 for those games.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not the big ones. Those are still growing. But there’s only so much space for them. All of the games that are trying to copycat have to take users away from those games and that just impossible to do at this point.

Look at the top played and grossing games. Those are the games people are playing and spending money on. By Sony’s own admission without COD they can’t make the GOW type games(which i think is an exaggeration for court reasons, but still some truth to it)

People definitely do buy PS5 for those games.
I can dig your reasoning, but most played is always going to favor GAAS/Battlepass games. I’m not saying they’re not playing them, but I don’t see folks running out to buy a PS5 for Fortnite when they can get the exact same experience on a PS4/Xbox.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This man meach is so so embarrassing its art at this point :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can dig your reasoning, but most played is always going to favor GAAS/Battlepass games. I’m not saying they’re not playing them, but I don’t see folks running out to buy a PS5 for Fortnite when they can get the exact same experience on a PS4/Xbox.
According to the numbers and sonys own words they are.

You can play pretty much every PS5 game on PS4.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
According to the numbers and sonys own words they are.

You can play pretty much every PS5 game on PS4.
With the same graphics/features?

But in either case I'll let you live. Proud we had a discussion without you resorting to your "Sony Stan" Tactics.

:ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This man meach is so so embarrassing its art at this point :wow:
Every once in a while we do one of these threads. You sony stan’s run in with laughter and mockery, a couple years later the thread gets upped and i’m 100% correct.

Ask @Alan Johnson what happened last time we talked about the direction of the industry :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
With the same graphics/features?

But in either case I'll let you live. Proud we had a discussion without you resorting to your "Sony Stan" Tactics.

:ehh:
Every once in a while we do one of these threads. You sony stan’s run in with laughter and mockery, a couple years later the thread gets upped and i’m 100% correct.

Ask @Alan Johnson what happened last time we talked about the direction of the industry :wow:
:mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The fact that you think this is a positive says fukking everything. Netflix is trash and thousands of people are losing their jobs because of Netflix and other subscription service's aim to produce 99% garbage and dump it on their services .

This, I just read an article talking about how Streaming is nowhere near as lucrative as cable was. A lot of these companies are now looking at their services. Gamepass may look good in the immediate future but once other companies see it’s a successful model we’re right back where we started.