“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
The already ruined the video game industry with XB1

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This, I just read an article talking about how Streaming is nowhere near as lucrative as cable was. A lot of these companies are now looking at their services. Gamepass may look good in the immediate future but once other companies see it’s a successful model we’re right back where we started.
Yea when people have options you can’t hold them hostage to high prices anymore. But from a consumer standpoint

shannon-sharpe-that-aint-no-problem.gif

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s not. You have more options and things are cheaper than ever.
I mean you keep saying this, but outside of CoD it looks like M$ is looking to remove options. Not expand them (future games only on gamepass/Xbox)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean you keep saying this, but outside of CoD it looks like M$ is looking to remove options. Not expand them (future games only on gamepass/Xbox)
You have all platforms but are speaking from the perspective of a person that chooses to limit themselves to one platform. Those people are a very small market of people. And they won’t change no matter what game goes where.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That’s not true.

90s 2000s had lots of middle ground franchises and developers that don’t exist anymore in the $60 console space.

Look how many franchises sony themselves have had to throw in the bushes. It’s either a huge game like GOW or they don’t make it.

It’s just like movies now. Either it has to be a huge blockbuster or it needs to go to streaming.

A lot of people won't admit (since they Sony stans), but the PS3 and the $600 price tag back in 2006 was just absurd and the $60 standard (then) put a lot of mid tier 3rd party developers outta business and did more harm to creativity than they ever care to admit....

Hell, a $600 price tag in a new console in 2024 still sounds absurd. Imagine how people were feeling in 2006????

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not for me. I don't like streaming. I don't like all this cloud nonsense. I don't like the rent-a-library model. And I don't like having to always be connected online.
You don’t like options.

You just being mad for no reason. The people that do like options are currently funding your archaic desires. You should welcome all that stuff cause it’s currently funding the games you like to play.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You don’t like options.

You just being mad for no reason. The people that do like options are currently funding your archaic desires. You should welcome all stuff cause it’s currently funding the games you like to play.
I don't like bad options.

I understand where the industry is heading and I just don't like. It goes against everything *I* loved about gaming. I understand people love it, but I don't. And I ain't going to learn to love it. I'm gonna vent about it whenever I can too.

I'm not looking forward to an industry that's just a bunch of netflix-like services being offered by a handful of super-companies. :scust:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Did you watch the video?

How many studios have closed over the last 2 decades.

There’s less and less AA and AAA games every year.

Things like gamepass and streaming/mobile are creating a lane for those games again as of late.
Gotta disagree with you here.

AA are what won Nintendo the market this generation.

Botw helped them with a huge open, but it was the massive AA library that got the crowd behind the Switch.

Microsoft would be in much better straits if they had 13 different Hifi/Pentiment level drops over the last two years.

When people know there's gonna be food, they'll show up.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wouldn’t. But lots of people would. Millions of people watching that show right now that won’t go out and buy a playstation. But they’d give sony $10 a month to play their games on phone/tablet/TV screen.

This wouldn’t be “mobile games” this would be bringing console games to the billions of people who primarily play games on mobile.

Switch says no. Best selling system over the last 7 years or so has a little mini screen.

Streaming/mobile/subscriptions make these types of
games more viable. If you increase your reach from millions to billions, you have that much more a chance to find an audience.

JRPGs have been hit particularly hard cause Japanese studios have been very reluctant to evolve. They don’t wanna put their games on PC/Xbox/streaming/mobile/subscriptions etc. They think they can just drop their game on playstation a be successful. shyt don’t work like that anymore.

Square is running into that same problem. They are having a difficult time finding an audience and instead of expanding their reach they decided to lock their games down more for an up front check. It’s not working out for them.

Look how the popularity of Sega’s JRPGs has exploded since embracing PC/Xbox/gamepass releases.

There’s multiple billions of gamers out there. Game makers need to go where the gamers are instead expecting the gamers to come to them.

FF 16 motivations are misguided. It’s not the J in JRPG that’s making their games less popular. It’s doing shyt like making an all white male cast and locking that shyt down on PS5 for $70.

No matter how good the game is they’ve already killed their market before the game comes out.

Core games and Gamers have a place in the new reality. Same way Big movies and movie theaters will always have a place.

Just gonna be some different terms to get there.
This isn’t true you can pretty much play almost every JRPG outside a few like the new final fantasy on PC. Sony is the only one holding back jrpgs from releasing day and date with the exclusive deals that they do with them and also the ones developed on Nintendo can be played through emulation if needed be. But Sony needs to adapt quick otherwise they will get fukked. I’m expecting the new final fantasy will do numbers but let’s not get it twisted it wont be doing no final fantasy 7 remake numbers.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
First time ever Michael Pachter claims Nintendo will outlast PlayStation :dead:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You have all platforms but are speaking from the perspective of a person that chooses to limit themselves to one platform. Those people are a very small market of people. And they won’t change no matter what game goes where.
Me having multiple platforms has nothing to do with M$ going on a buying spree to put content behind thier walled garden.

Once again you’re looking at this as because I have access to multiple gaming devices I should be happy with M$ buying up everything.

nah-chief.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gotta disagree with you here.

AA are what won Nintendo the market this generation.

Botw helped them with a huge open, but it was the massive AA library that got the crowd behind the Switch.

Microsoft would be in much better straits if they had 13 different Hifi/Pentiment level drops over the last two years.

When people know there's gonna be food, they'll show up.
Nintendo ain’t really won shyt.

Selling consoles is not the measure of success. Check the Revenue and profit numbers nintendo is well behind Sony and Microsoft.