“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Me having multiple platforms has nothing to do with M$ going on a buying spree to put content behind thier walled garden.

Once again you’re looking at this as because I have access to multiple gaming devices I should be happy with M$ buying up everything.

nah-chief.gif
There is no “walled garden” microsoft games are available on steam and a bunch of other platforms.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn’t true you can pretty much play almost every JRPG outside a few like the new final fantasy on PC. Sony is the only one holding back jrpgs from releasing day and date with the exclusive deals that they do with them and also the ones developed on Nintendo can be played through emulation if needed be. But Sony needs to adapt quick otherwise they will get fukked. I’m expecting the new final fantasy will do numbers but let’s not get it twisted it wont be doing no final fantasy 7 remake numbers.
Now you can but they were very late to the party and are still trying to catch up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't like bad options.

I understand where the industry is heading and I just don't like. It goes against everything *I* loved about gaming. I understand people love it, but I don't. And I ain't going to learn to love it. I'm gonna vent about it whenever I can too.

I'm not looking forward to an industry that's just a bunch of netflix-like services being offered by a handful of super-companies. :scust:

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

Half A $

Pro
Daps
It really doesn’t matter. It’s the market itself that’s shrinking. PS5 can sell a lot of consoles and the market could still be shrinking from a financial standpoint.
The Console market is shrinking because the company you fukking stan is falling the fukk off and can't keep up with it's 360 sales.

PS4 was an increase on PS3, PS5 would've kept the same level as 4 if not due to covid.

Xbox1 fell the fukk off compared to 360, Series S/X can't keep pace with PS5.

Wow I wonder why and who's fault it is the a market may be shrinking, can't be one of the richest companies in the world who're making cool toasters, must be the guys who will to see their 5th console in a row go over 100m:scust:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Nintendo ain’t really won shyt.

Selling consoles is not the measure of success. Check the Revenue and profit numbers nintendo is well behind Sony and Microsoft.
I think Sony got higher revenue but Nintendo got higher profit

Half A $

Pro
Daps
I think Sony got higher revenue but Nintendo got higher profit
Yep that's always been the case and MS hides their numbers alongside other divisions which is what losing companies do.... Sony did it during the early stages of the ps3 era (Playstation Family) and MS have been doing it since lamebox1. (with wack shyt about hours played which is dumb because that shyt would be higher on the system kicking your ass by 30-50%)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This, I just read an article talking about how Streaming is nowhere near as lucrative as cable was. A lot of these companies are now looking at their services. Gamepass may look good in the immediate future but once other companies see it’s a successful model we’re right back where we started.
Take that boot out ya mouth :mjlol:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Nintendo ain’t really won shyt.

Selling consoles is not the measure of success. Check the Revenue and profit numbers nintendo is well behind Sony and Microsoft.
Nah breh.

Sony and Microsoft both have higher revenue than Nintendo but Nintendo dwarfs them in profits.

That's because Nintendo profits off selling both hardware and software whereas the other two primarily work off the razorblade model where the software sells is what makes it back for them.

So Nintendo gets it coming and going, hence them making more money than both of the other two.

In 2021 Nintendo made $5.4 billion in profits while Playstation made $2.6 billion.

For 2022 Nintendo made $3.9 billion while Playstation made $2.11 billion.

Sony on the whole makes more I know, but the Playstation division has never outdone Nintendo in profit.

Last edited:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yep that's always been the case and MS hides their numbers alongside other divisions which is what losing companies do.... Sony did it during the early stages of the ps3 era (Playstation Family) and MS have been doing it since lamebox1. (with wack shyt about hours played which is dumb because that shyt would be higher on the system kicking your ass by 30-50%)
Sony also counts their revenue in a different way than the other two as well, iirc.

I'm sure they're still first for money spent but I think if all counted it the same way the gap would be smaller.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah breh.

Sony and Microsoft both have higher revenue than Nintendo but Nintendo dwarfs them in profits.

That's because Nintendo profits off selling both hardware and software whereas the other two primarily work off the razorblade model where the software sells is what makes it back for them.

So Nintendo gets it coming and going, hence them making more money than both of the other two.
Check the numbers. Nintendo profit is well below Sony and Microsoft.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
w
Nah breh.

In 2021 Nintendo made $5.4 billion in profits while Playstation made $2.6 billion.

For 2022 Nintendo made $3.9 billion while Playstation made $2.11 billion.

Sony on the whole makes more I know, but the Playstation division has never outdone Nintendo in profit.
Where are you getting these numbers from?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
w

Where are you getting these numbers from?
Official release statements.

I'm on Installbase where they solely track, archive and debate on sales units and financial reports, American and global.

This is for the end of the 2021 fiscal year.

They all publicly release these numbers quarterly breh.

Except Microsoft doesn't report profit, only revenue.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Official release statements.

I'm on Installbase where they solely track, archive and debate on sales units and financial reports, American and global.

This is for the end of the 2021 fiscal year.

They all publicly release these numbers quarterly breh.

Except Microsoft doesn't report profit, only revenue.
Those numbers aren’t really apples to apples as that’s the year of a new console launch for playstation, so obviously their operating income would be lower.

In general and over time Playstation makes more profit.