“Microsoft is gonna ruin the games industry……

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You must have hit a nerve. Sony stans

giphy.gif

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
consoles don’t matter anymore, yet PS5 is one of the fastest selling consoles ever.

:skip:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
No, you got like all of this wrong and have only served to prove dude knows what he’s talking about.

He didn’t say PS360 era would be the last. He said the market would shrink from there, and it has.

He never said xbox one would dominate PS4. He said the opposite and was correct there.

Xbox live HAS doubled in price since he made that prediction. He said it would be around $100 a year it’s now around $125 a year for Gamepass with XBL gold.

He never said they “would” pull out. He said they “should” pull out and they would make more money but he also said he knows they WONT do it.

Netflix DVD delivery is dead. That’s how it worked out.

Dude been head of a leading industry investment/analysis firm for decades. You don’t keep that spot by giving bad advice. He’s been very spot on about the direction of things.

I know sony stan land is backwards, but no need to call names friend. We are all a family here. I’m just trying to bring some industry insight to the board :cheers:
:laff: you’re so full of shyt it just as waste of time going back and fourth with you

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
consoles don’t matter anymore, yet PS5 is one of the fastest selling consoles ever.

:skip:
PS5 still trending behind PS4.

His perspective is profit and growth. Console sales don’t make money. From a profit and growth standpoint the console market has been shrinking for a long time.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
PS5 still trending behind PS4.

His perspective is profit and growth. Console sales don’t make money. From a profit and growth standpoint the console market has been shrinking for a long time.
How much of that you think was due to Covid shortages? PS5 and Series X?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Everything i said there was true. You can do some googles yourself and confirm if you want :manny:

Ok so I’ll just break you down one by one:

“I think we’ve seen the last generation of consoles,” he claims. “[Third party publishers] are not going to support a PS4 or Xbox 720. The content is not going to change in any meaningful ways because the publishers can’t afford it.”

- Michael Pachter
He also claimed and I quote (circa 2013-2014), there’s no need for consoles, in 2 generations your phones will be able to run all the games your console can

His Xbox live double in price prediction was made 13 years ago, you’re pulling the CURRENT prices. He didn’t make that prediction last year as you seem to imply.

His views on Netflix were mortifying, the dvd service launched what we all know as the Netflix of today.

But even more incredible is this:

https://thomashawk.com/2005/04/wedbush-morgan’s-michael-pachter-sell-netflix-buy-blockbuster.html

Yes, buy blockbuster :laff:

Pachter on the Switch:

And Nintendo isn’t that smart," he continues, "so you never know what they will do next, but I think the smart thing would be to get rid of the Switch console and only have the Switch Lite, get rid of the docking station, get rid of playing on the TV; maybe offer a Fire Stick style dongle for those who do want to play it on the TV."

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Yes get rid of the device that’s broken every sales record known to man.

:laff:

Here’s another one

Right now the Nintendo switch sits at 125 million and counting

:laff::laff::laff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ok so I’ll just break you down one by one:

“I think we’ve seen the last generation of consoles,” he claims. “[Third party publishers] are not going to support a PS4 or Xbox 720. The content is not going to change in any meaningful ways because the publishers can’t afford it.”
This is a misquote. He addresses this in the video. He said it would be the last “Great” generation of consoles and that the market would shrink from there. He was correct in the market shrinking but he was honest and saying he didn’t anticipate a COD or a fortnight to come along and stretch it out as long as it has

- Michael Pachter
He also claimed and I quote (circa 2013-2014), there’s no need for consoles, in 2 generations your phones will be able to run all the games your console can
I can play all my xbox games on my phone right now.

His Xbox live double in price prediction was made 13 years ago, you’re pulling the CURRENT prices. He didn’t make that prediction last year as you seem to imply.
I’m not implying he made it last year.

At the time he made the prediction it was about $50 a year. It is now $125 a year.

His views on Netflix were mortifying, the dvd service launched what we all know as the Netflix of today.

But even more incredible is this:

https://thomashawk.com/2005/04/wedbush-morgan’s-michael-pachter-sell-netflix-buy-blockbuster.html

Yes, buy blockbuster :laff:
This was before streaming. Netflix was losing to blockbuster at the time and no one would even be talking about streaming yet. If you look back at the stock prices at that time he was correct in the short term. Soon after, the economy went to shyt and Netflix struck gold with streaming.
Pachter on the Switch:

And Nintendo isn’t that smart," he continues, "so you never know what they will do next, but I think the smart thing would be to get rid of the Switch console and only have the Switch Lite, get rid of the docking station, get rid of playing on the TV; maybe offer a Fire Stick style dongle for those who do want to play it on the TV."

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

Yes get rid of the device that’s broken every sales record known to man.

Again you guys have a console warrior perspective.

He’s talking from a financial growth and profit standpoint.

Hardware doesn’t make money. Look at nintendo’s profit and compare it to Sony or Microsoft and then come back and tell me how “Great” nintendo is doing.
Your link doesn’t work so i can’t confirm where that quote comes from but i did find this.

Seems you just have bad info or a bad understanding of things.

Instead of the laughing and mockery why not try to learn a bit friend.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It really doesn’t matter. It’s the market itself that’s shrinking. PS5 can sell a lot of consoles and the market could still be shrinking from a financial standpoint.
Most consoles lose money financially (cost more to produce). Software has always been where the money is the first few years after console releases.

Sony selling 11m copies of GoW:R is still a good sign people want good console games and are willing to pay 70, 60 or whatever.

We'll just have to see how this plays out. If it's anything like media streaming, quality dips when you have these all in one services.

:manny:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
This is a misquote. He addresses this in the video. He said it would be the last “Great” generation of consoles and that the market would shrink from there. He was correct in the market shrinking but he was honest and saying he didn’t anticipate a COD or a fortnight to come along and stretch it out as long as it has

I can play all my xbox games on my phone right now.

I’m not implying he made it last year.

At the time he made the prediction it was about $50 a year. It is now $125 a year.

This was before streaming. Netflix was losing to blockbuster at the time and no one would even be talking about streaming yet. If you look back at the stock prices at that time he was correct in the short term. Soon after, the economy went to shyt and Netflix struck gold with streaming.

Again you guys have a console warrior perspective.

He’s talking from a financial growth and profit standpoint.

Hardware doesn’t make money. Look at nintendo’s profit and compare it to Sony or Microsoft and then come back and tell me how “Great” nintendo is doing.

Your link doesn’t work so i can’t confirm where that quote comes from but i did find this.

Seems you just have bad info or a bad understanding of things.

Instead of the laughing and mockery why not try to learn a bit friend.

We need to talk about your willingness to jump out the window for these white men, it’s very troubling. They are not your father, ok Meachum ?

No point in going back and fourth with you if you just gonna twist every fact so you can get your shyt off .

This is what Pachter does, he makes a bullshyt prediction headline, then when it doesn’t work out he makes another one to line up with what’s actually happening.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most consoles lose money financially (cost more to produce). Software has always been where the money is the first few years after console releases.

Sony selling 11m copies of GoW:R is still a good sign people want good console games and are willing to pay 70, 60 or whatever.

We'll just have to see how this plays out. If it's anything like media streaming, quality dips when you have these all in one services.

:manny:
There’s only space for a few GOW type games a year.

The industry has become Huge game or bust.

This has been being talked about for years. His perspective isn’t new. So many companies dying. Even Ubisoft on their last leg.

GOW style games are not what’s sustaining sony. Even sony admits that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

We need to talk about your willingness to jump out the window for these white men, it’s very troubling. They are not your father, ok Meachum ?

No point in going back and fourth with you if you just gonna twist every fact so you can get your shyt off .

This is what Pachter does, he makes a bullshyt prediction headline, then when it doesn’t work out he makes another one to line up with what’s actually happening.
I’m just speaking to what’s right friend

I already asked you to stop with the “white man” angle as you yourself have a troubled past on this site with your record of cac/c00nin.

Be better friend