Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
fBYvw8q.png
This is the point we've been trying to make. Yea the industry is hurting, studios being closed left and right. But M$ is different because they spent all this money on developers, and they're being closed because of Gamepass and other problems within M$. Not due to ballooning AAA costs. This isn't the same thing.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They tried to Trojan Horse GP to kill the hardware, and it failed. I hate that people are losing their jobs over MS' failed gambit, but I am glad that the GP strategy has somewhat failed. The Netflix model isn't good for gaming.

MS should have never been allowed to buy Activision.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I was actually on board with the Activision buyout, as I assumed this would be the shift where Xbox returned to their 360 glory days, when they kept pushing out titles.

Exclusively.

I knew COD would be multiplatform but i assumed the smaller titles would be exclusives that would get glossed up and Xbox would start really working to get their marketshare back.

And instead, they're pivoting into a bigger Activision in Xbox branded clothes.

I sipped the kool-aid and thought they wanted to really mean something in the industry.

I was wrong.

I will forever maintain that they at one moment in time, had the studios and workforce to fight Sony for a strong number two position in terms of profit.

They just don't have any heart tho so they're going back to Business 101.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
This won't happen. Console install basis have been stuck in the same range since the PS2 generation.

It's pretty clear Microsoft is becoming more software focused and hardware isn't a priority for them anymore. No other company is going to want to enter this space and invest what it's going to take to build out a console brand in terms of time and money for a slice of the install base Sony has mostly already claimed.

I think the console install base has made it pretty clear they want a monopoly and they'll get that.
Nah, it's just games.

Day in, day out. You make games people wanna play, they'll buy the platform that has them.

Look at Nintendo.

8 years ago people thought they were getting their coffin crisp cuts for their future funeral, now they're about to retake the record for best-selling hardware ever, broke all sorts of software and profit records, etc.

With just games.

You get the games you get the people.

If some publisher/tech giant could get a steady clip of great and desired titles, they'd easily sell whatever hardware it was on.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
so Ms canned these studios on some ”The Strangers” type

Victims: why are doing this?

strangers: because u were home

essentially MS did this

studios: why are y’all closing our studios

MS: because y’all not working on nothing

so if these studios had been working a new game. They would still have a job. Man I know these other studios are stressing.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
so Ms canned these studios on some ”The Strangers” type

Victims: why are doing this?

strangers: because u were home

essentially MS did this

studios: why are y’all closing our studios

MS: because y’all not working on nothing

so if these studios had been working a new game. They would still have a job. Man I know these other studios are stressing.
:jbhmm: do we believe that tho?

Tango has always dropped games on a consistent basis. Im supposed to believe they had nothing a year after hifi rush?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
:jbhmm: do we believe that tho?

Tango has always dropped games on a consistent basis. Im supposed to believe they had nothing a year after hifi rush?
They wanted to work on hifi rush 2. Asked to hire more people to help. So Whatever type of time they were on was developmental stages. No real work started. that’s why those other studios should be worried when games reach completion. Ninja Theory should start having a exit plan

Canon

Veteran
Daps

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again, stop it.

You have been in here harping about how Sony made a mistake focusing on AAA games, and now M$ is gearing up to do the exact same thing.

You sit here and tell us Gamepass is the future, when in reality the whole day and date release on gamepass is coming back to bite them.

You sit here and tell us gamepass is doing great because of the "players played" metric, when in reality SALES matter.

This topic is different because we don't have xbots in here (aside from yourself) trying to tell us that whatever Sony is doing is wrong and M$ has the right idea.

Feel free to move the goalposts however you like, but this whole "I told you so, I'm always right" schtick you and a few others are running with is done.
Damn :picard:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
MvaRCba.png

:dead:

All that showboating them nikkas was doing back then with the Activision purchase
fast forward M$ still hasn't shown up shyt for it.
Midfield was crap
M$ is releasing titles on PlayStation
and now this :mjlol:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :russ:
We got a name for this type of behavior out here in the west :sas2:

Last edited: