Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

giphy.gif

Even when the Dreamcast was on it's last legs in 2003, First party games wasnt goin for that low.

Xbox is doomed :russ:

LDV8fIW.png

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I was actually on board with the Activision buyout, as I assumed this would be the shift where Xbox returned to their 360 glory days, when they kept pushing out titles.

Exclusively.

I knew COD would be multiplatform but i assumed the smaller titles would be exclusives that would get glossed up and Xbox would start really working to get their marketshare back.

And instead, they're pivoting into a bigger Activision in Xbox branded clothes.

I sipped the kool-aid and thought they wanted to really mean something in the industry.

I was wrong.

I will forever maintain that they at one moment in time, had the studios and workforce to fight Sony for a strong number two position in terms of profit.

They just don't have any heart tho so they're going back to Business 101.

When it’s all said and done

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Literally everyone in the industry making these same moves.

From nintendo to Sony, Square, Tencent, and everybody in between.

But for whatever reason when microsoft does it everybody collectively goes nuts.

3 pages.

19 in here tho :hubie:
This is the point we've been trying to make. Yea the industry is hurting, studios being closed left and right. But M$ is different because they spent all this money on developers, and they're being closed because of Gamepass and other problems within M$. Not due to ballooning AAA costs. This isn't the same thing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@gurf literally every company i named has purchased and closed studios as of late.

Every one of them had the same reasons and stated strategy as microsoft. Cancel smaller games, Close smaller studios concentrate resources on the big franchises bringing in money.

But when it comes to microsoft it’s gamepass and phil spencer fault :stopitslime:

Like i said yall just go dumb when microsoft is involved.

Its really fukkin amazing.

19 pages of idiocy now :wow:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@gurf literally every company i named has purchased and closed studios as of late.

Every one of them had the same reasons and stated strategy as microsoft. Cancel smaller games, Close smaller studios concentrate resources on the big franchises bringing in money.

But when it comes to microsoft it’s gamepass and phil spencer fault :stopitslime:

Like i said yall just go dumb when microsoft is involved.

Its really fukkin amazing.

19 pages of idiocy now :wow:
How many of those companies (outside of embracer) spent 100 billy tho?

Thought sales didn't matter. Players Played will keep them fed.

The guy who said Xbox was experiencing growth without activision is calling others idiots.

The irony.

:wow:

I'll let you cook tho. Ol always right ass folks.

:mjlol:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
You'd think Xbox is the only one to have studios close with as much attention as this is getting.

Dude in here talking about critically acclaimed hifi rush, meanwhile didn't play it, finish it or buy it, and if they did all they could say was things like "it's pretty good for a Xbox game" :mjlol:

Now dudes are here doing victory laps on some "see I told you Microsoft would do this", no dummies the whole industry outside of Japan really is doing this. :ohhh:
Yeah, but we're Xbox haters. :lolbron:

Tf were y'all doing though? How come y'all let a critically acclaimed game flop so bad they closed the studio anyway?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How many of those companies (outside of embracer) spent 100 billy tho?

Thought sales didn't matter. Players Played will keep them fed.

The guy who said Xbox was experiencing growth without activision is calling others idiots.

The irony.

:wow:

I'll let you cook tho. Ol always right ass folks.

:mjlol:
It don’t matter what they spent. They had more money to spend.

Thats just your deflection so you can come on here and say dumb shyt :ufdup:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Literally everyone in the industry making these same moves.

From nintendo to Sony, Square, Tencent, and everybody in between.

But for whatever reason when microsoft does it everybody collectively goes nuts.

3 pages.

19 in here tho :hubie:
It don’t matter what they spent. They had more money to spend.

Thats just your deflection so you can come on here and say dumb shyt :ufdup:
2DX7BYs.png

Last edited: