Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You'd think Xbox is the only one to have studios close with as much attention as this is getting.

Dude in here talking about critically acclaimed hifi rush, meanwhile didn't play it, finish it or buy it, and if they did all they could say was things like "it's pretty good for a Xbox game" :mjlol:

Now dudes are here doing victory laps on some "see I told you Microsoft would do this", no dummies the whole industry outside of Japan really is doing this. :ohhh:
It’s too late for any of this. You and Meach sat up here talking all your shyt, while “Sony Stans:mjlol:” were saying what would happen.

It was all “you guys don’t know what you’re talking about” or “you guys just don’t like games” or some bullshyt. A whole bunch of people in here said what would precisely happen once the executive team and shareholders started asking questions.

Damn right dude are doing victory laps. We told you Phill Spencer ain’t shyt. And you know what else. That fraud didn’t even put in all those hours in Vampire Survivors himself. Yall fell for that bullshyt:russ:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s too late for any of this. You and Meach sat up here talking all your shyt, while “Sony Stans:mjlol:” were saying what would happen.

It was all “you guys don’t know what you’re talking about” or “you guys just don’t like games” or some bullshyt. A whole bunch of people in here said what would precisely happen once the executive team and shareholders started asking questions.

Damn right dude are doing victory laps. We told you Phill Spencer ain’t shyt. And you know what else. That fraud didn’t even put in all those hours in Vampire Survivors himself. Yall fell for that bullshyt:russ:
“I’m always right, look at the numbers”

:mjgrin:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope. There was a thread here at the end of February when Sony laid off 900 people. This was just after Microsoft laid off 1900.

It's an industry trend, no doubt. Right now MS is cutting the fat. As critically acclaimed as Hi-fi Rush was, it wasn't profitable and wasn't widely played. Arkane Austin made Redfall and that is self explanatory.
I'm not really talking about lays off I'm talking about studio closures. 2 different things with the same end results.

When a studio closed from Sony which has been happening just about yearly since 2020 the conversation is vastly different and way less negative.

Thread titles are even soft landings for the Stan's.

While I am disappointed that sony is killing one of their 1st party japanese divisions, we got to look at the history.

They made, Knack, Knack 2, Gravity Rush, Gravity rush 2, And The Last Guardian (which was in developmental hell for years), and published bloodborne and demon’s souls.

Their games for the most part haven’t been selling so it’s partly Japans fault for the re-focus

Seems like they mainly hit the studios with the largest headcount’s, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Firesprite.

Only minor silver lining is that media molecule didn’t get hit i guess :francis:

The comments in these three threads are vastly different than this one alone.

Outside of that sucks and these companies are down bad, there is very little commonality.

In this thread You have everything from Microsoft sucks to mismanagement to the going full third party to what about this game to I told you all this was happening, and everything under the sun.
Stop it.

Outside of embracer no publisher is closing studios after spending damn near 100bil to acquire them.

Don't come in here shytting on folks that have been trying to tell you the Gamepass model doesn't work. Now they gon up the price and not release any day and date AAA games on y'alls asses.

Sucks that studios are closing across the board, but let's not act like there isn't more info coming out reflecting the gamepass/acquisition gamble is not working for M$.

PS I purchased hifi rush on steam, beat it, and plan on playing it again on PS5
The same folks that I've been telling that the triple A gaming bubble is bursting?

Gamepass was always getting a price increase, and will continue to go up slowly just like every other service. Every single streaming service you have has had a price increase once maybe even twice a year for years now, but for some reason you think Gamepass shouldn't... Ok

Point is studios are closing regardless of how much money they did or didn't spend on them right now. These games cost too much to make even if you buying them traditionally according to those sony docs, but y'all don't want to have that conversation.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Go ahead and find a post where I said they will never close studios

I'll wait

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In this thread You have everything from Microsoft sucks to mismanagement to the going full third party to what about this game to I told you all this was happening, and everything under the sun.
maxresdefault.jpg

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: This is like the equivalent of "find em, fukk em, and flee" that I have ever seen. I was actually one of the many that rooted for Microsoft to buy all the developers, but that is some ho ass shyt to shut down studios off GP.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not really talking about lays off I'm talking about studio closures. 2 different things with the same end results.

When a studio closed from Sony which has been happening just about yearly since 2020 the conversation is vastly different and way less negative.

Thread titles are even soft landings for the Stan's.

The comments in these three threads are vastly different than this one alone.

Outside of that sucks and these companies are down bad, there is very little commonality.

The same folks that I've been telling that the triple A gaming bubble is bursting?

Gamepass was always getting a price increase, and will continue to go up slowly just like every other service. Every single streaming service you have has had a price increase once maybe even twice a year for years now, but for some reason you think Gamepass shouldn't... Ok

Point is studios are closing regardless of how much money they did or didn't spend on them right now. These games cost too much to make even if you buying them traditionally according to those sony docs, but y'all don't want to have that conversation.
Once again, stop it.

You have been in here harping about how Sony made a mistake focusing on AAA games, and now M$ is gearing up to do the exact same thing.

You sit here and tell us Gamepass is the future, when in reality the whole day and date release on gamepass is coming back to bite them.

You sit here and tell us gamepass is doing great because of the "players played" metric, when in reality SALES matter.

This topic is different because we don't have xbots in here (aside from yourself) trying to tell us that whatever Sony is doing is wrong and M$ has the right idea.

Feel free to move the goalposts however you like, but this whole "I told you so, I'm always right" schtick you and a few others are running with is done.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Go ahead and find a post where I said they will never close studios

I'll wait
I don’t need to because I know your game. How hard were you riding for Game Pass which is why we are here? The thing people said was not sustainable. That’s the point. The major acquisitions of two giant publishers, and an unsustainable business model. You damn well know the point isn’t that studios close and people get laid off. That’s part of the business. It’s that Xbots cheered it on while everyone else said it’s not sustainable. People said what’s going to happen when they have to recoup all that major spending they did. With a subscription model that is not profitable for anyone.

Even if it wasn’t for the current financial situation of everyone, it still wouldn’t be sustainable which is the entire point. But we know what you’re going to do. Keep doing so as Xbox is dead in the ground, and they’re pimping out all the IP they now own, and can use forever.

You guys were dead ass wrong and you know it:mjlol: