Microsoft hardware sales down by 30%. They’re blaming supply constraints.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
When they say supply constraints they mean they fukked up and produced too many series s’ instead of series x units. They were naive to think the Series S was what people wanted. People don’t care about bargain systems.

The dreamcast and the GameCube were 99 dollars for the majority of their lives and were the worst selling systems from both companies
Gotcha. Why did they word it so oddly though? seems like a ploy to convince shareholders that they can undo the pain

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gotcha. Why did they word it so oddly though? seems like a ploy to convince shareholders that they can undo the pain

Pretty much.

Anything they say to shareholders is going to have a somewhat positive spin to it. They can’t just be like “we fukked up the supply :francis:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
They let a very loud but small portion of their consumer base dictate their marketing strategies where as Sony has always said “we’re Coca Cola, we’re McDonalds, we’re Disney, everybody is getting this marketed to them”

You can’t make a product that expensive appear to cater only to 15-35 year old white American males and expect to be competitive on a global scale

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They let a very loud but small portion of their consumer base dictate their marketing strategies where as Sony has always said “we’re Coca Cola, we’re McDonalds, we’re Disney, everybody is getting this marketed to them”

You can’t make a product that expensive appear to cater only to 15-35 year old white American males and expect to be competitive on a global scale

And something no one is talking about, the price drops diminished their value. Once you start putting big discount price tags on your premium consoles it leads people to believe its failing when the competition (even Nintendo) isn’t doing it.

Like, why would anyone in their right mind who passed on a series x or s around the holidays for 100 dollars off go buy one now, in bundles no less?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
F65-F8-FDC-8-DE9-42-BE-AA2-A-4858-C47-FD0-C7.jpg

MS need to ask Verizon for some of those consoles back so they can meet supply demands lol
This is wild :russ: :mjlol:
i had to see if this is actually real and it is

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

In just two years the Dreamcast went from selling for 199.99 to 79.95

Same with GameCube after one year it was dropped to 99 from 150

Cheap consoles almost never sell more. When it comes to electronics people want the “premium” model, TV’s phones, games,

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
In just two years the Dreamcast went from selling for 199.99 to 79.95

Same with GameCube after one year it was dropped to 99 from 150 in just a year

:ehh:

Damn, I got both of those full price Day One. Could have just waited…

I remember standing in line at Toys R Us for the Cube.

Got the Cast in 99 for Christmas.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:ehh:

Damn, I got both of those full price Day One. Could have just waited…

I remember standing in line at Toys R Us for the Cube.

Got the Cast in 99 for Christmas.

I think i got the black GameCube like the day after it went on sale

Dreamcast i got at launch for christmas

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Yall say yall dont want xbox to make moves and buy big publishers to improve their product and sales, because it could "create a monopoly"

but then yall praise xbox bad sales, which would only encourage Microsoft to eventually discontinue the xbox, leaving only Sony/Playstation as a next gen console manufacturer.. creating an actual monopoly

giphy.gif

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Yall say yall dont want xbox to make moves and buy big publishers to improve their product and sales, because it could "create a monopoly"

but then yall praise xbox bad sales, which would only encourage Microsoft to eventually discontinue the xbox, leaving only Sony/Playstation as a next gen console manufacturer.. creating an actual monopoly

giphy.gif
What games can't you play from ABK that you can play already?

You can play Overwatch/2, COD, Diablo, Sekiro.