Microsoft hardware sales down by 30%. They’re blaming supply constraints.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah besides their 1st and most important one to date psygnosis :beli:

The IPs, tech, and resources is why playstation is able to stand where it's at now.

giphy.gif

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The funniest thing this generation was when Xbots thought Series S would outsell both PS5 and Series X necaue it was the cheapest. These people clearly know nothing about business or economics
I knew from day one it was a mistake because people buy next gen consoles to see better visuals and performances, and most gamers upgraded to 4K TV sets. It's just insane they wasted billions in r&d for that product when the answer was simple in creating a Series X digital. I want to like Phil, but he's been given 9+ years and results aren't there, so he should be packing soon if he doesn't turn it around by 2025. If I'm Satya I don't know if I want him in charge for next-gen console.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I knew from day one it was a mistake because people buy next gen consoles to see better visuals and performances, and most gamers upgraded to 4K TV sets. It's just insane they wasted billions in r&d for that product when the answer was simple in creating a Series X digital. I want to like Phil, but he's been given 9+ years and results aren't there, so he should be packing soon if he doesn't turn it around by 2025. If I'm Satya I don't know if I want him in charge for next-gen console.

Bush him now after this Activision Debacle

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Bush him now after this Activision Debacle
Yeah, if I was in charge he would get the boot because 9+ years and not much consistency. Luckily I own all 3 consoles, but I couldn't imagine being an xbox only or xbox/switch player because it would be a major disappointment. If I were Microsoft I would give the bag to Shawn Layden or another exec that showed results to turn things around. We all know capital isn't the issue and it's more of a management issue. It's similar to sports where you need to find the right GM and coach in order to turn things around.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, if I was in charge he would get the boot because 9+ years and not much consistency. Luckily I own all 3 consoles, but I couldn't imagine being an xbox only or xbox/switch player because it would be a major disappointment. If I were Microsoft I would give the bag to Shawn Layden or another exec that showed results to turn things around. We all know capital isn't the issue and it's more of a management issue. It's similar to sports where you need to find the right GM and coach in order to turn things around.

Tossin phil in the bushes would just make it worse for them.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Tossin phil in the bushes would just make it worse for them.
How so?

it's been 9+ years and he doesn't seem to have pieces in place to get things going imo. I know they got the studios, but he doesn't seem to be the right leader to get xbox back to its glory days. I think if there was better management then these issues wouldn't be happening. I think a better leader would've bushed somebody like Greenberg instead of promoting him, and tell Matt Booty to improve his management or he's gone. I think they have the studios imo, but there's always something with most of their studios imo which is on Phil

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How so?

it's been 9+ years and he doesn't seem to have pieces in place to get things going imo. I know they got the studios, but he doesn't seem to be the right leader to get xbox back to its glory days. I think if there was better management then these issues wouldn't be happening. I think a better leader would've bushed somebody like Greenberg instead of promoting him, and tell Matt Booty to improve his management or he's gone. I think they have the studios imo, but there's always something with most of their studios imo which is on Phil

Because Phil Spencer has pretty much been Xbox Moses to these nikkas. The one who pulled them out of the darkness, if he gets fired it pretty much solidifies everything he said and did these last 10 years was bogus and everything they believe in was fraudulent.

But like you said maybe if they brought in Layden (too late) or someone from playstation people would think they had a chance, purely from an optics pov.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Because Phil Spencer has pretty much been Xbox Moses to these nikkas. The one who pulled them out of the darkness, if he gets fired it pretty much solidifies everything he said and did these last 10 years was bogus and everything they believe in was fraudulent.

But like you said maybe if they brought in Layden (too late) or someone from playstation people would think they had a chance, purely from an optics pov.

There's always someone in the cut better than You... and somewhere in cut is someone who is WAY better than PHIL.... IJS... :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Buyin a whole publisher vs individual studios who primarily made games only for Playstation anyway is the same? :skip:
Yes. Tomato, tomatoe - Santa Monica Studios is made up of individual studios bought up to create 1 big developer studio for Sony, no different then Activision Blizzard merging/buying studios over time.

The issue here is Activision Blizzard is so much bigger (been around longer, way more successful) and yall do mental gymnastics to justify anything on Sony side.

I dont know how ANY poster can sit here and pretend if Sony had the funds, that we wouldnt be here discussing whose going to outbid between Sony and Microsoft for Activision Blizzard.

Instead yall come up with a million excuses for Sonys light wallet.

Truly entertaining watching this unfold from unbias view point of PC gang :lolbron:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes. Tomato, tomatoe - Santa Monica Studios is made up of individual studios bought up to create 1 big developer studio for Sony, no different then Activision Blizzard merging/buying studios over time.

The issue here is Activision Blizzard is so much bigger (been around longer, way more successful) and yall do mental gymnastics to justify anything on Sony side.

I dont know how ANY poster can sit here and pretend if Sony had the funds, that we wouldnt be here discussing whose going to outbid between Sony and Microsoft for Activision Blizzard.

Truly entertaining watching this unfold from unbias view point of PC gang :lolbron:

that's not a tomato/tamatoe case at all.

completely different levels.

when MS initially bought Bungie, all were like :yeshrug: since they were Halo's creators. Same with Rare.

Buying a studio and publisher are not remotely on the same levels.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

What? Folks had the nerve to say his point of view is unbiased.

:mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
that's not a tomato/tamatoe case at all.

completely different levels.

when MS initially bought Bungie, all were like :yeshrug: since they were Halo's creators. Same with Rare.

Buying a studio and publisher are not remotely on the same levels.
Its just different levels of success. Thats the only difference. You still doing mental gymnastics to try and say its not the same.