Michael Jai White Clarifies Saying He Could Beat Bruce Lee: Bruce Only Weighed 130

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Of course Bruce Lee would get washed today, because of advances made within the MMA community. But always remember MMA means Mixed Martial Arts, Bruce's philosophies was his biggest and most enduring contribution to the Martial Arts community.

In the screenplay of the 1973 Warner Brothers film, Enter the Dragon, when Lee is asked, "What's your style?" Lee replied, "My style?...You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

Bruce Lee believed that
kata forms and martial art tournament matches alike (like Karate) were simply "organised despair". He believed that in order to "fully express oneself, one must" "have no limitations" (kata and rigid and non-flowing movements being the limitation). His system was revolutionary, and included all possible forms of strikes: attacks to the groin, finger jab to the eye.

The name Jeet Kune Do was often said by Lee to be just a name, and he often referred to it as "the art of expressing the human body" in his writings and in interviews. Through his studies Lee came to believe that styles had become too rigid and unrealistic. He called martial art competitions of the day "dry land swimming". He believed real combat was spontaneous, and a martial artist cannot predict it, but only react to it, and a good martial artist should "be like water"—move fluidly without hesitation.

Bruce Lee is the godfather of the Martial Arts community and all MMA fans need to put respect on his name.

bruce20lee20115m8u13.gif

And I realize this is only a movie, but Bruce Lee was already on the submission tip before it became a trend.
Lol

What do you think pankration eas man. Lol
Greeks were doing "mma" in 600 bc
Stop acting like he did anything new,he didnt. Lol

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol

What do you think pankration eas man. Lol
Greeks were doing "mma" in 600 bc
Stop acting like he did anything new,he didnt. Lol

No ideas original breh!!!! knowledge base is built upon knowledge. I'm just saying in the MODERN HUMAN ERA Bruce Lee inspired generations of fighters.

You probably shyt on Jordan, Kobe, LeBron because a form of basketball was being played by the Mayans 1000 years ago. foh

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Of course Bruce Lee would get washed today, because of advances made within the MMA community. But always remember MMA means Mixed Martial Arts, Bruce's philosophies was his biggest and most enduring contribution to the Martial Arts community.

In the screenplay of the 1973 Warner Brothers film, Enter the Dragon, when Lee is asked, "What's your style?" Lee replied, "My style?...You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

Bruce Lee believed that
kata forms and martial art tournament matches alike (like Karate) were simply "organised despair". He believed that in order to "fully express oneself, one must" "have no limitations" (kata and rigid and non-flowing movements being the limitation). His system was revolutionary, and included all possible forms of strikes: attacks to the groin, finger jab to the eye.

The name Jeet Kune Do was often said by Lee to be just a name, and he often referred to it as "the art of expressing the human body" in his writings and in interviews. Through his studies Lee came to believe that styles had become too rigid and unrealistic. He called martial art competitions of the day "dry land swimming". He believed real combat was spontaneous, and a martial artist cannot predict it, but only react to it, and a good martial artist should "be like water"—move fluidly without hesitation.

Bruce Lee is the godfather of the Martial Arts community and all MMA fans need to put respect on his name.

bruce20lee20115m8u13.gif

And I realize this is only a movie, but Bruce Lee was already on the submission tip before it became a trend.
Can’t agree bro bro :ld:

Lee was about power and stamina, mostly against similar sized people. White has overwhelming power, size, and great speed for a man his size.

You can never predict when it comes to two skilled fighters, but I can’t see Lee getting more than 3 strikes in

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Of course he could. Bruce had to change it up when he got to america cause that sweet shyt only worked on 130lb Chinamen and not On big american white/blacks.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Of course he could. Bruce had to change it up when he got to america cause that sweet shyt only worked on 130lb Chinamen and not On big american white/blacks.
shyt didnt even work on his countrymen, Wong Jack Man showed the oakland the BS Lee was on and Lee got quiet and started writting ducktales Jack told everyone it was a boring ass match and nothing really was settled, but if Lee thought he was wrong come see him and run it back.
Lee stopped mentioning him.

No ideas original breh!!!! knowledge base is built upon knowledge. I'm just saying in the MODERN HUMAN ERA Bruce Lee inspired generations of fighters.

You probably shyt on Jordan, Kobe, LeBron because a form of basketball was being played by the Mayans 1000 years ago. foh
Some ideas are original, thats why the people that introduce them are honored.
You can't claim Bruce Lee invented or started something then start double talking when your claim is shown to be false.
Vale Tudo was popular in Brazil, Sambo popular in Russia, Dambe in Africa before Lee.
Just admitted the only thing he did was popularize it.

No one would claim Jordan, Kobe, Lebron invented or made basketball and more importnatly they all played competitively and at the highlest level.

Bruce lee didn't compete at the highest level.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
shyt didnt even work on his countrymen, Wong Jack Man showed the oakland the BS Lee was on and Lee got quiet and started writting ducktales Jack told everyone it was a boring ass match and nothing really was settled, but if Lee thought he was wrong come see him and run it back.
Lee stopped mentioning him.

Some ideas are original, thats why the people that introduce them are honored.
You can't claim Bruce Lee invented or started something then start double talking when your claim is shown to be false.
Vale Tudo was popular in Brazil, Sambo popular in Russia, Dambe in Africa before Lee.
Just admitted the only thing he did was popularize it.

No one would claim Jordan, Kobe, Lebron invented or made basketball and more importnatly they all played competitively and at the highlest level.

Bruce lee didn't compete at the highest level.
the wong jack man shyt idk whats true or not anymore.

They fought. It kinda sounds like a tie to me. So if lee even fought to a standstill with a shaolin monk of the era itd be a great feat but michael jai white said it... its physics.

These 130/150lb guys cannot touch a real heavy weight. Idc how much mma they do. When you get even bigger than that you can slap a man unconciouswith ZERO skill.

I never saw bruce lee as realy a top fighter all time just the guy who brought the ideas to the west.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
the wong jack man shyt idk whats true or not anymore.

They fought. It kinda sounds like a tie to me. So if lee even fought to a standstill with a shaolin monk of the era itd be a great feat but michael jai white said it... its physics.

These 130/150lb guys cannot touch a real heavy weight. Idc how much mma they do. When you get even bigger than that you can slap a man unconciouswith ZERO skill.

I never saw bruce lee as realy a top fighter all time just the guy who brought the ideas to the west.
I think the fact that neutral people said it was even and long, and Bruce was out there claiming the man was running from him, and had his white wife out there lying about shyt saying the man wanted to fight him because he was teaching white people, when he had white students himself. SMH.

Lee's camp isn't believable.

The kicker is the motherfukker was told to pull up and went silent to never talk about him again. Thats bytch made.

That said yeah in real fights, weight classes exist for a reason. A moderately skilled big man can hurt and beat a extremely skilled small man.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Damn even a teenage Michael Jai White would kick Bruce Lee's ass:wow:

Thats not a “real fight”... this is a tournament just like any other.

Even I was in tournaments:mjlol:

I just don’t understand how you nikkas are saying MJW is a real fighter snd Bruce lee isn’t?

I don’t even care who would win in a “real” fight, no tournament fight is real.

:hubie: I feel you b. Before I became a MJW fan, I was a Bruce Lee fan, I'm from Seattle, he a Seattle icon. I just know MJW's background as well, my homie in LA trained underneath him when he was a guest teacher back in the 90s so I just don't want cats to think he just an actor too. He is legit and spars with real fighters, obviously not trying to hurt each other tho. He was a martial artist and teacher before he got into action movies for that guap.
Bro Bruce sparred with real fighters too..

Like did y’all really NOT read his book:what:

A lot of opinions from people that seem to not know about dudes life like that. All im saying is put some respect on my mans Bruce because despite him being “smaller” he did everything MJW did and did it better.

And I’m a big MJW fan of not only his movies, but his youtube training and philosophy. He didn’t say anything that any self-confident martial artist would say.

And then nikkas keep bringing up “Top asian kungfu fighters going to MMA”... MJW didn’t go into MMA either. MMA isn’t as popular in the asian country’s and it is fairly new. It wasn’t even around like that during Bruce’s era. Bruce was damn near teaching MMA and the only person doing it.

MMA is not used for self-defense mainly. MMA has rules that these nikkas can not do. MMA is not a philosophical art passed down for generations and the ones who do those arts don’t do them because “they love a fight” or to “be a badass” and feel good about themselves. They do it for totally different reasons, they do it with weapons, they do it with moves you would consider “cheap”, they do it for mental toughness, peace, self-defense, etc., etc.

They treat it like an art not to bash someones head in. Same shyt MJW does...

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Put the anime down and snap back to reality weeaboos :mjlol: superior genes r coming out on top :jawalrus:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Michael Jai White would beat the bricks off of Bruce or any other actor/martial artist :deadmanny:the fact this isn't widely accepted :francis:and praised in the black community :blessed:is actually :mjpls:but that's just me.:manny: