Michael Jai White Clarifies Saying He Could Beat Bruce Lee: Bruce Only Weighed 130

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Dawg we all Bruce Lee fans. Black people loved Bruce Lee like no other. But we're saying he ain't untouchable like some of yall think. He died in the early 1970s so we will never really know what he could have proven as a fighter in later years but I'm definitely not going off the footage that we got and saying he can beat MJW in a real fight, a 6'2 225lb martial artist with 9 Black Belts whose been studying since the age of 7 and has trained and spared with the best of the best the last 30 years himself.
Show so me at what point I called him untouchable or even hinted to it.

Show me were i even hinted that i thought that...

I said yall should respectful his fukking mind.

The point of this thread was MJW clarifying what he said then clowns came in here to literally shyt on Bruce, talking about he wasn’t a fighter, his shyt was choreographed, he’s an actor, etc., which is literally the exact same shyt as MJW.

Ive even said multiple times, that MJW could be right and that he said nothing that he wasn’t supposed to say. You know how many people probably thought they were better than Bruce?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Show so me at what point I called him untouchable or even hinted to it.

Show me were i even hinted that i thought that...

I said yall should respectful his fukking mind.

The point of this thread was MJW clarifying what he said then clowns came in here to literally shyt on Bruce, talking about he wasn’t a fighter, his shyt was choreographed, he’s an actor, etc., which is literally the exact same shyt as MJW.

Ive even said multiple times, that MJW could be right and that he said nothing that he wasn’t supposed to say. You know how many people probably thought they were better than Bruce?
:hubie: I feel you b. Before I became a MJW fan, I was a Bruce Lee fan, I'm from Seattle, he a Seattle icon. I just know MJW's background as well, my homie in LA trained underneath him when he was a guest teacher back in the 90s so I just don't want cats to think he just an actor too. He is legit and spars with real fighters, obviously not trying to hurt each other tho. He was a martial artist and teacher before he got into action movies for that guap.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Choreographed fights that HE choreographed... he didn’t have no one to tell him what to do

You think MJW doesn’t choreograph his shyt too? What abount Ronda Rousey? What about any other fighter that got into movies...

He was a martial artist first, and became a movie star later. If you think that all he was was an actor, then:mjlol:

Like wtf are you even saying, who doesn’t choreograph shyt in movies?
It doesn't matter that he choreographed the fights or someone else.
Its not real, you do understand that right?
What does it matter who choreographs? Roy Jones Jr was in The Matrix and Universal Soldier sequels. He didn't choreograph shyt, you think the fight scene coordinator is gonna beat his ass ? LOL.

Stop hyping the term martial artist, you mean a fighter who never fought. He was a hong kong championship dancer that became a action movie star. That is what he was.

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
Michael Jai White is very skilled. he would give Bruce that work. not just because he weighs a lot more......but his skill level.
Exactly, Michael would murder him even without the size advantage. He has actually fought real fights at a high level.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Have y'all ever thought about the fact that a Jackie Chan Bruce Lee Jet Li type of dude has

NEVER

Gone to the top of MMA?

You can do anything. So if that movie shyt actually worked a 5'5" Asian dude should be the champ forever.

But it doesn't. Haven't you seen someone throw out a kick, dude eats the kick in order to grab his ass. Then has him tapping in 2 min flat once he gets him on the mat

Sure you can throw 10 punches in 2 seconds, but if the person was 100 lbs lighter than you it might be like your girl punching you

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he apologized with the quickness around that time..

Yes, and it’s because, as said in the video, he understands Bruce Lee is a lot of people’s hero, including his, and people tend to react emotionally rather than logically when you say something that could be interpreted as negative regarding their heroes. He also says that he fully benefits from the myth that a martial artist is able to beat up anybody, that allows him to put food on his table. That’s why he apologized

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
so i got 70 lbs of muscle on Bruce? :jbhmm: i still feel like he would whoop my azz considering i got 0 experience in any kinds of fighting

Breh..I Took a jab to the face that was so quick, it made me reevaluate the trajectory of my life..:mjlol:

My nikka, I'm watching film and everything to understand the technical aspects from the the footwork to the left/right line...I'm making sure I get on my grind..

If you spar against someone who knows what the fukk they doing, you gonna be in problems...:lolbron:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
tumblr_orjz1byK7X1rmrpdmo2_r1_400.gif

GameOfDeath-KareemAbdulJabbar-03-400-sg.gif

GameOfDeath-KareemAbdulJabbar-04-400-sg.gif

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
yeah you'd still get your ass whooped.

Someone like MJW whose been training/fighting since a kid and is a martial arts master at 225lbs would hurt Bruce Lee...not sure why folks don't understand this unless they really just love Bruce Lee's legacy (which I do too)
This.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Bruce Lee was overrated af, actually all of that Asian fighting shyt is overrated. The fact that there's billions of Asians on this planet and not a single one of them have ever held a major title in MMA should tell you that these nikkas are not as tough you think they are. All that Kung Fu Karate and Jeet Kun Do or whatever is not worth shyt when you're locked in a cage with a nikka that can grab you and throw you on your head or a nikka that can box etc.

Black fighters make up less than 3% of the global pro MMA fighter population but currently hold half of all the major titles in the sport. Blacks>Asians when it comes to fighting.
You're not wrong except with Jeet Kune Do..

Bruce created that because he knew you had to learn different styles to be an effective fighter and flowing from one style into another.

But I think he is easily fukking up ANYONE who doesn't or has never trained before.

I think a golden glove level boxer would beat him though.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only way for Bruce to win would be a combo of speed (which he had) and submissions (which he didn’t)

Lee would get washed

Of course Bruce Lee would get washed today, because of advances made within the MMA community. But always remember MMA means Mixed Martial Arts, Bruce's philosophies was his biggest and most enduring contribution to the Martial Arts community.

In the screenplay of the 1973 Warner Brothers film, Enter the Dragon, when Lee is asked, "What's your style?" Lee replied, "My style?...You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

Bruce Lee believed that
kata forms and martial art tournament matches alike (like Karate) were simply "organised despair". He believed that in order to "fully express oneself, one must" "have no limitations" (kata and rigid and non-flowing movements being the limitation). His system was revolutionary, and included all possible forms of strikes: attacks to the groin, finger jab to the eye.

The name Jeet Kune Do was often said by Lee to be just a name, and he often referred to it as "the art of expressing the human body" in his writings and in interviews. Through his studies Lee came to believe that styles had become too rigid and unrealistic. He called martial art competitions of the day "dry land swimming". He believed real combat was spontaneous, and a martial artist cannot predict it, but only react to it, and a good martial artist should "be like water"—move fluidly without hesitation.

Bruce Lee is the godfather of the Martial Arts community and all MMA fans need to put respect on his name.

bruce20lee20115m8u13.gif

And I realize this is only a movie, but Bruce Lee was already on the submission tip before it became a trend.