Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (2025)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
fukk giving them props they kept up this trash trend of announcing a game years and years from release. If your game comes out in 2021 stop teasing the shyt in 2017

the game was in dev for 2 years before teased and they had it in mind to be released this year. looked at it close to final product and couldn't run with it. They didn't take the Atlus/Sony/Square route and just have a blueprint rough draft for the game and then tease it, the game was being worked on for a minute.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the game was in dev for 2 years before teased and they had it in mind to be released this year. looked at it close to final product and couldn't run with it. They didn't take the Atlus/Sony/Square route and just have a blueprint rough draft for the game and then tease it, the game was being worked on for a minute.
Nah, it was only in development for a few months before that teaser. The LinkedIn that was tied to the developer only went back to Jan. 2017. They had just started.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They got the right developers for the job, and a surprising move of transparency from them here

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
You are absolutely correct, developing games is easy and they don't run into problems during development at all, fukk them and their mishaps.:stopitslime:

Its Metroid Prime you can announce it 3 months ahead of release and still do the same numbers instead of saying "Its half done, heres the teaser".

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
fukk giving them props they kept up this trash trend of announcing a game years and years from release. If your game comes out in 2021 stop teasing the shyt in 2017

Except Nintendo almost never announce games more than year away from release. Metroid was the exception, probably because geeks wouldn't shut the fukk up asking about when they're releasing a new Metroid.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nah, it was only in development for a few months before that teaser. The LinkedIn that was tied to the developer only went back to Jan. 2017. They had just started.

I was going by what I saw someone post for a IP FPS action adventure, that didn't go back to 2015, but only 2016. that Bandai was working along with some other exclusive for Switch.

If the game really did just start in dev the year it was teased, I can't imagine how people would have thought it would be coming this year then.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Silver lining: This news means there's a very high chance for Nintendo to release a Metroid Prime Remaster collection for the Switch to take it's place.

Or better yet a new 2D Metroid game for the Switch.:ohhh:

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Silver lining: This news means there's a very high chance for Nintendo to release a Metroid Prime Remaster collection for the Switch.

Spawnwave reminded me of that rumored Star Fox game. And it could be finished now so retro is free to handle the Metroid game as it should be...

man if that Starfox racing game is real. :wow:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
More news coming out is that the development was in different countries (lines up with what we heard about this game being developed by Bandai Namco Singapore and Bandai Namco Japan) and they couldn't get on the same page.
Retro apparently devloped a demo on their own and pitched it to Nintendo to take over and restart the project and Nintendo approved.
That tells me if they were willing to make a pitch that the game they we're working on priro (Star Fox GP supposedly) is nearly finished and will release soon

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Silver lining: This news means there's a very high chance for Nintendo to release a Metroid Prime Remaster collection for the Switch to take it's place.

Or better yet a new 2D Metroid game for the Switch.:ohhh:

I need that Super Mario Maker port like yesterday..

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
It'll probably be the launch title for the updated switch now :ehh:

As an adult, game delays don't hurt anymore :ehh:

"Hello, this is GameFreak, and we know we done announced a 2019 Pokemon next gen. we love y'all, you already been known that, but the truth is, development has been mighty challenging, and we're sad to say we went ahead scrapped that bytch right quick and started all over. Thank you for y'all understanding, and see you in 2024" :troll:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It'll probably be the launch title for the updated switch now :ehh:

As an adult, game delays don't hurt anymore :ehh:
im in the same boat, aint got enough time for games so i can wait. shyt i waited 10 years for FFXV and 13 years for Kingdom Hearts 3. only exception is pokemon but that shyts more than just a video game to me.
"Hello, this is GameFreak, and we know we done announced a 2019 Pokemon next gen. we love y'all, you already been known that, but the truth is, development has been mighty challenging, and we're sad to say we went ahead scrapped that bytch right quick and started all over. Thank you for y'all understanding, and see you in 2024" :troll:
Id cry in the car
iXfiiz.gif