Methodman and Redman get a cold reception at summer jam. MethodMan says he’ll never perform there again cause of generation gap.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:hubie: Meth should have hollered at Onyx to get that foreign exchange. As a :flabbynsick: rapper, The fact that he looked at that lineup and didn't go:

giphy.gif

Screams tone deaf AF, you know damn well the crowd going to be wanting to pop ass, and not high step or whatever the hell.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
On one hand you'd kinda expect this given the type of people who go to Summer Jam in 2024 but at the same time this feels like something they cultivated over decades. This isn't some random city, it's NYC. I'm not sure there's really an excuse not to be playing classic NY records alongside the current rap rotation. If a few people switch stations because Big Poppa came on at 3PM on a Friday who gives a fukk. The city is simply too big, and radio demographics skew older anyway, why wouldn't you mix in classics at a higher rate than what they do.

Once again...Ebro.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Lol why would they even agree to appear alongside that lineup?

Respectfully the crowd coming for those artists don't want to see Meth or Red

:hubie:
shyt I don’t wanna see meth and red. I don’t even listen to their music… shyt I don’t even really listen to old rap anymore… maybe a lil blueprint… but future’s dirty sprite might be the oldest music I listen to on the regular

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It’s a combination of 3 things.

1. The people who put the show together are mostly 40 and up.
2. They were desperate to fill out a lineup for the allotted times
3. New York stopped breaking local talent a long time ago. They only rock with established artists most of which don’t care about or need the New York market.

New York radio is mostly syndicated now. And every genre of rap, New York tries to mimic is too niche and/or sloppy for it to catch on nationally.