Methodman and Redman get a cold reception at summer jam. MethodMan says he’ll never perform there again cause of generation gap.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They shouldve guessed that

When was the last time they even had a hit? I know some of Gen Z still remembers hits from like Tpain, TI, 50, Nelly, etc., because that was shyt still playing on the radio and going on while they were kids.

I see them still singing/rapping along to certain older artists but them dudes? Legends in the game with classics, but probably not their demographic at all

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
It is a shame that overseas hip-hop artist gets so much more love
It’s cause those places are generally older than America, cause of that they have more culture, so there’s more general respect to be had for the older rap because they have a more solid concept of tradition and style and talent. This country was made now to basically sell out everything possible so there’s no respect for rap because kids here looking for the next thing

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
You either cultivate the environment you want to live in, or it will be shaped for you. It doesn't just happen by itself.

This is a conversation that transcends music. There's often this disconnect in the culture between generations that results in younger generation going through the same hard knocks the older ones did where it could have been avoided if a bridge was there.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't know who came up with that lineup but as soon as I saw it I was like how do Meth & Red fit in here?:dahell:

Hip hop has kept us younger though. Meth & Red both came out over 31 years ago. This wouldn't have even been possible when they came out because 30 years before them hip hop didn't even exist.

If we compared it to R&B at the time, that would have been like having a concert featuring Jodeci, Shai, 112, Jagged Edge and...The Temptations?:wtf:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Shyt like this just makes you appreciate Michael jackson. By the mid 90s, he was already 30 years into his career if you count his jackson 5 days. Yet if there were a concert at the time with a lineup of all the current pop or r&b stars and he was in it, he wouldn't seem out of place

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Certain posters, even old ones, hate anything classic and praise any and everything new and weird. I ain't gotta name the posters. Really, it's just one I'm talking about. Being old with a microwave mind is nasty work.

Does his name start with a C?