Methodman and Redman get a cold reception at summer jam. MethodMan says he’ll never perform there again cause of generation gap.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I had the opportunity see Red and Meth LIVE back in November of '99 at Thompson Bowling Arena, but ultimately passed because they were the opening act for Limp Bizkit. I wasn't keen on enduring Fred Durst and that kind of crowd for two hours after watching Redman and Method Man perform for just 45 minutes. Sometimes I wish I had went. System of a Down also performed, and I do enjoy a few of their songs.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
That video is funny as hell ngl. Someone needs to add :flabbynsick: to Meth and Red and make it a 10/10 gif :dead:

SY980.gif

@Robo Squirrel

Dap + Reputation :pachaha:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Having to perform before Pound Town hip hop lost
This :russ:

I know it’s fun making up :flabbynsick: jokes and all but having Sexxy Red and Doja Cat headline the 30th anniversary of Summer Jam is crazy! Man I didn’t even know it happened until this thread! They fell tf off

SummerJam2024_LineUpCard_Social_Graphics_OnSaleNow_Revised61920x1080.png

looking at this lineup, Meth and Red makes more sense. You still can’t put them on the same stage as Doja Cat and them. Bro hiphop is in trouble as far as celebrating its history goes… they’re getting people like Puffy out of here and then folks are laughing at and putting the Larry Holmes shyt on the acts that haven’t been outed doing bad shyt. It’s going to be interesting to see where we are 10-15 years from now as far as celebrating the history of this shyt.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
nikkas talking bout real hip hop and shyt

These new nikkas rap circles round these nikkas (ie Kendrick)

Don’t nobody want a Motorola razr in 2024

Yea dem ol schools nice but more ppl want the latest version
Yeah nikka REAL HIP HOP.

I'm one the few who say Kendrick basic af.

If Motorola could do things the new phones can't....yeah I'd still rick the Motorola AND it would be worth more.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
To be fair, when you have to tap you co-star on the shoulder to remind him to turn around, it might be time to hang up the gloves :francis:

Geode

All Star
Daps
This has happened to them before.

I saw them at a much less high stakes performance a few years ago, and it was full of younger millenials. This was before Power, so even that recognition wasnt there, so they definitely were cluless. I think he made a remark about turning 50; 60% of the audience was barely alive when Wu-tang came out. And he said the same thing about that particular performance that he said about Summer Jam. Fool me once...