Metal Gear Solid is the most overrated franchise in the history of gaming

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They should remake or HD remaster the first 3 games, I never played blacklist. That came out before or after conviction?
After conviction. Holla @ Phil Spencer to get that deal done already. It's ridiculous that the Splinter Cell piff is not on this gen.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
fukk outta here. Lol. MGS1 by itself >>>>>>>>

Having to switch controllers to beat Psycho Mantis >>>>>

Having to check the back of the case to get the codecs >>>>>

Meryl >>>>>>>

VR Missions>>>>>

One of the most creative, revolutionary and engaging gaming experiences of all time.
Those are cute moments, but Splinter Cell is better at stealth.

• Dap
Daps
Reppin
The Buckeye State
I'll admit I hate you, and yeah, I don't like being victimized which lead to them losing class action lawsuits during the ps2 era
Sony settles PS2 class action suit

A Sony rep came into my store a month after the ps2 launched and told us Sony is aware (how could they not since worldwide they was stacked to the ceiling in gaming stores) but that they was not going to do anything about it. Very Donald trump like Sony. They'd do it again if the trump comparison is true. Watch what they say this time during the ps3 era...

Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action [update]

Ask any Sony gamer here if they use credit cards over psn, I'll wait :popcorn:

But what wasn't known (even by me) is that yet another class action lawsuit during the ps3 era was filed (I knew that) and Sony lost (I didn't know that) but that Sony basically got the lawyers to make the deal So bootleg that a judge had to stop it due to it being unfair to the consumers (that's you and me :tu:)
Sony PlayStation 3 'Other OS' Class Action Settlement

Sony basically had the lawyers sabotage the deal, a judge stepped in :stop: and now everyone can sign up for the class action lawsuit right now :banderas: shout out to my nikka @Rekkapryde we coming for the safe!!!

Wow! I only knew about a fraction of this stuff. I didn't know the rabbit hole was that deep :ohhh:

Thanks for shedding light on this.

• Dap
Daps
Reppin
The Buckeye State
Most overrated goes to
maxresdefault.jpg

As much as I love this game. I kinda agree. Wrestlemaina 2000 was better imo. They actually took out features in No Mercy. But, it's supposed to be the better game? :dwillhuh:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
As much as I love this game. I kinda agree. Wrestlemaina 2000 was better imo. They actually took out features in No Mercy. But, it's supposed to be the better game? :dwillhuh:
The only thing No Mercy had over WM 2000 was the weapons no longer disappearing and graphics, the save glitch and slowness killed it for me. I still like it but it's not a GOAT or top 5 wrestling game to me.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those are cute moments, but Splinter Cell is better at stealth.
MGSV is better than any stealth in SC games.

Plus, MGS as a whole isn't just "stealth". It's way more than that. The characters, the world, lore and story is really ahead of the game. You can only go "As a STEALTH series.." ignoring the entire package. Who plays MGS1~3 only talking about the gameplay?

it's so much more that you named YOURSELF after a MGS character and NO, you're not talking about Agua hombre.. Come on, your screen name isn't even Sam Fisher.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Hey guys, could you start naming franchises that are more OVERRATED if you don't agree. Remember, to overrate something means it had to be rated so please don't name a title that was never on a radar.

Killzone is overrated. Killzone 2 was decent and promising for the series. Didn't panout. The hype for Killzone shadow fall was as trump would say, huge. But most of us knew Killzone was always shyt overall so it's not the most overrated. MGS tho? To the people who either skipped or didn't like mgs3. MGS2 came out in 1998

The last great MGS game for you came out 20yrs ago :wow: mgs3? Then it's only been 14yrs since the last great mgs game. There been like 10mgs games in total, I'm certain my point is at least heard? 20yrs? 14yrs?
After conviction. Holla @ Phil Spencer to get that deal done already. It's ridiculous that the Splinter Cell piff is not on this gen.
Did you like blacklist better than conviction? Campaign was dope, multiplayer hurt my feelings. Microsoft fukked up there :damn:
And that’s about literally ALL its better at. Lol. There’s more to MGS than stealth. MGS was the whole package. That game was an experience.
Yeah, an overrated one. Mgs1 yeah, the rest, not so much...
Wow! I only knew about a fraction of this stuff. I didn't know the rabbit hole was that deep :ohhh:

Thanks for shedding light on this.
There are stories to be found on any company, but in Sony's case, they deny any wrong doing Everytime. During the ps2 era they fukked over so many people that I couldn't rep them as the new Nintendo like they positioned themselves to be. They wasn't trying to do online either so that made me take more interest in Xbox. I was a fan of dreamcast and Sega was rocking with Microsoft as well so the marriage was a no brainer. What really sold me on Xbox besides Xbox live is how they handled the red rings of death issue that plagued it like how disc read error plagued the ps2. Microsoft owned up to it, put 1billion dollars to the side and said they'll fix all systems for free.

Peter Moore recounts $1.15bn Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death saga <----- This is actually a very good read

They did this for the first 3/4yrs of the Xbox360's life, a classy unprecedented move. Showed me they give a fukk. So I "act" like a Xbox fanboy on here because of that but overall I'm a gamer :manny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Hey guys, could you start naming franchises that are more OVERRATED if you don't agree. Remember, to overrate something means it had to be rated so please don't name a title that was never on a radar.

Killzone is overrated. Killzone 2 was decent and promising for the series. Didn't panout. The hype for Killzone shadow fall was as trump would say, huge. But most of us knew Killzone was always shyt overall so it's not the most overrated. MGS tho? To the people who either skipped or didn't like mgs3. MGS2 came out in 1998

The last great MGS game for you came out 20yrs ago :wow: mgs3? Then it's only been 14yrs since the last great mgs game. There been like 10mgs games in total, I'm certain my point is at least heard? 20yrs? 14yrs?

Did you like blacklist better than conviction? Campaign was dope, multiplayer hurt my feelings. Microsoft fukked up there :damn:

Yeah, an overrated one. Mgs1 yeah, the rest, not so much...

There are stories to be found on any company, but in Sony's case, they deny any wrong doing Everytime. During the ps2 era they fukked over so many people that I couldn't rep them as the new Nintendo like they positioned themselves to be. They wasn't trying to do online either so that made me take more interest in Xbox. I was a fan of dreamcast and Sega was rocking with Microsoft as well so the marriage was a no brainer. What really sold me on Xbox besides Xbox live is how they handled the red rings of death issue that plagued it like how disc read error plagued the ps2. Microsoft owned up to it, put 1billion dollars to the side and said they'll fix all systems for free.

Peter Moore recounts $1.15bn Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death saga <----- This is actually a very good read

They did this for the first 3/4yrs of the Xbox360's life, a classy unprecedented move. Showed me they give a fukk. So I "act" like a Xbox fanboy on here because of that but overall I'm a gamer :manny:
Blacklist > Conviction. Pick it up if you still have your 360 connected.

• Dap