Metal Gear Solid is the most overrated franchise in the history of gaming

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
No way MG series is the most overrated.
But what I do agree with is they completely dropped the ball with MGS4.. And it took me replaying all the other MGS games to see it.. Wack story, Wack game mechanics. Wack boss fights compared to the other games....Multiplayer was okay.. The game just didn't fit in the series story wise especially following up after MG3.

And if there's any game out the series that's overrated, its Peace Walker... That shyt was ass and I challenge anybody to explain otherwise

Metal Gear 5.. I don't agree with.. Yea the story (after Ground Zeroes) was ass, but the gameplay by far made up for the story. They got everything right to me as far as game mechanics mixed with the open world

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Metal gear is nothing more than an Anime disguising itself as a stealth franchise.

Styx > MGS in terms of stealth these days.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Bruh...

So you make it clear here that you feel I made this thread to bash Sony, your words. Try not to discredit yourself m'kay...

While you slightly nudge the goalposts thinking that saves you from being wrong about why I created this thread, I just feel that as a man you should be able to admit when you're wrong. I enjoy watching people squirm and try to weasel there way out of shyt. Like, my mind drinks from the stupid and insecurities of man. Have a nice day :youngsabo:
You will lie and not admit that you created it just to bash Sony in general yet in reality it has solidified itself as a good game series among the general population so your opinion about it doesn’t matter.

Nothing I said is wrong.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No way MG series is the most overrated.
But what I do agree with is they completely dropped the ball with MGS4.. And it took me replaying all the other MGS games to see it.. Wack story, Wack game mechanics. Wack boss fights compared to the other games....Multiplayer was okay.. The game just didn't fit in the series story wise especially following up after MG3.

And if there's any game out the series that's overrated, its Peace Walker...

Metal Gear 5.. I don't agree with.. Yea the story (after Ground Zeroes) was ass, but the gameplay by far made up for the story. They got everything right to me as far as game mechanics mixed with the open world
MGS5 I'm not saying isn't what you described. I agree mostly. But the expectations are high, always are. And when it doesn't deliver it doesn't stop the hype train. Mgs5 for instance was supposed to be the best MGS ever based on what? MGS4? I'd say mgs3 but we all know that was slept on by the majority. So this franchise is still living off of mgs2 fame :wow:
You will lie and not admit that you created it just to bash Sony in general yet in reality it has solidified itself as a good game series among the general population so your opinion about it doesn’t matter.

Nothing I said is wrong.
And the squirming continues :bryan:

Can I put this little hole in your theory. I trash Sony all day long as you stated. So why would I have to hide my hatred now.

Are you ready to admit you're wrong now or :picard:

My psn is Courtdog360, I've played with most of your peers. My dislike for Sony is because they fukk over there customers and publicly lie about it. Any version of a fanboy that isn't jokes is retarded. I been gaming since Atari, why would anyone limit their exposure to new gaming opportunities? I got you so :umad: that you like "I know he made this thread to attack Sony!!! :mad:"

Isn't that what a shell shocked fanboy would do, think it's an attack. So you see where I'm coming from squirmy? :handshake:

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
MGS5 I'm not saying isn't what you described. I agree mostly. But the expectations are high, always are. And when it doesn't deliver it doesn't stop the hype train. Mgs5 for instance was supposed to be the best MGS ever based on what? MGS4? I'd say mgs3 but we all know that was slept on by the majority. So this franchise is still living off of mgs2 fame :wow:

And the squirming continues :bryan:

Can I put this little hole in your theory. I trash Sony all day long as you stated. So why would I have to hide my hatred now.

Are you ready to admit you're wrong now or :picard:

My psn is Courtdog360, I've played with most of your peers. My dislike for Sony is because they fukk over there customers and publicly lie about it. Any version of a fanboy that isn't jokes is retarded. I been gaming since Atari, why would anyone limit their exposure to new gaming opportunities? I got you so :umad: that you like "I know he made this thread to attack Sony!!! :mad:"

Isn't that what a shell shocked fanboy would do, think it's an attack. So you see where I'm coming from squirmy? :handshake:
Thanks for admitting your hate of Sony and why you made this thread

I knew I was right :blessed:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Mgs V is easily the most disappointing game of this generation, period. As soon as we heard about Kojima being let go right before launch, we knew what time it was :francis:

Btw MGS 3 wasn't missed.by many? :wtf:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Most overrated goes to
maxresdefault.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Thanks for admitting your hate of Sony and why you made this thread

I knew I was right :blessed:
I'll admit I hate you, and yeah, I don't like being victimized which lead to them losing class action lawsuits during the ps2 era
Sony settles PS2 class action suit
A Sony rep confirmed the settlement for GameSpot but insisted it is in no way an admission of guilt. "While we are convinced that there is no problem with these models, and that we would win if we defended this case through trial, we have agreed to settle these lawsuits to avoid the extraordinary high cost of cumbersome class action litigation," the representative said.
A Sony rep came into my store a month after the ps2 launched and told us Sony is aware (how could they not since worldwide they was stacked to the ceiling in gaming stores) but that they was not going to do anything about it. Very Donald trump like Sony. They'd do it again if the trump comparison is true. Watch what they say this time during the ps3 era...

Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action [update]
Authorities in the United Kingdom also fined Sony £250,000 ($396,000) for a "serious breach of the Data Protection Act."

"If you are responsible for so many payment card details and log-in details, then keeping that personal data secure has to be your priority,

Update: Sony officials responded today saying they still deny the allegations."
Ask any Sony gamer here if they use credit cards over psn, I'll wait :popcorn:

But what wasn't known (even by me) is that yet another class action lawsuit during the ps3 era was filed (I knew that) and Sony lost (I didn't know that) but that Sony basically got the lawyers to make the deal So bootleg that a judge had to stop it due to it being unfair to the consumers (that's you and me :tu:)
Sony PlayStation 3 'Other OS' Class Action Settlement
The judge thinks that the problem may have something to do with the claims process, which required customers to jump through unnecessary hoops and provide information that Sony already had about them. Claimants had a 10-week period at the end of 2016 to file, and the lawsuit was apparently not well-publicized.

“[T]he process appears to be completely circular: notices were emailed to potential class members based on the information in Sony’s Playstation Network ID database,” she writes, “but then class members were required to provide their Playstation Network ID to Sony to look up the associated Fat PS3 serial number in the database.”

Users who no longer had their serial numbers handy were assigned a “temporary serial number” in another confusing and unnecessary process.

Then there are the attorneys’ fees. The judge questions whether the attorneys should really receive $2.25 million for their work when so few class members actually took part in the lawsuit and got any money back.

Even if every class member were eligible to collect the full $55, that’s a payout of only $621,500.
Sony basically had the lawyers sabotage the deal, a judge stepped in :stop: and now everyone can sign up for the class action lawsuit right now :banderas: shout out to my nikka @Rekkapryde we coming for the safe!!!

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
imo MSG 1 and 2 kind of set the standard. Alot of stuff done in those games still hasn't been done since.

And people love mgs3, I couldn't really get into it.

MSG4 and 5 tho :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'll admit I hate you, and yeah, I don't like being victimized which lead to them losing class action lawsuits during the ps2 era
Sony settles PS2 class action suit

A Sony rep came into my store a month after the ps2 launched and told us Sony is aware (how could they not since worldwide they was stacked to the ceiling in gaming stores) but that they was not going to do anything about it. Very Donald trump like Sony. They'd do it again if the trump comparison is true. Watch what they say this time during the ps3 era...

Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action [update]

Ask any Sony gamer here if they use credit cards over psn, I'll wait :popcorn:

But what wasn't known (even by me) is that yet another class action lawsuit during the ps3 era was filed (I knew that) and Sony lost (I didn't know that) but that Sony basically got the lawyers to make the deal So bootleg that a judge had to stop it due to it being unfair to the consumers (that's you and me :tu:)
Sony PlayStation 3 'Other OS' Class Action Settlement

Sony basically had the lawyers sabotage the deal, a judge stepped in :stop: and now everyone can sign up for the class action lawsuit right now :banderas: shout out to my nikka @Rekkapryde we coming for the safe!!!
[/QUOTE]

It expired Court. I forgot to submit my shyt in time. My OG still works though. :yeshrug:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It expired Court. I forgot to submit my shyt in time. My OG still works though. :yeshrug:
:usure:
Oh no no no my brotha. Nice try, but we coming for that SAFE!!!
UPDATE: December 2017, a revised settlement agreement worth $3.75 million has been reached in the litigation over the loss of “Other OS” functionality in Sony’s “Fat” PlayStation 3. The new settlement agreement supersedes an earlier agreement reached last year that failed to earn final court approval. Click here to file a claim.

Hunnit bands from the safe
In your face, what'd you say?
Money, dance
Turn this shyt into a nightclub :dj2: