Metal Gear Solid is the most overrated franchise in the history of gaming

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Then you not being honest with yourself, MGS4 is the most flawed entry in the solid series :ufdup: let's see you keep it real..

Agreed :thumbsup:

I agree with the first line, the rest of that ranks only second to unamerican dreamer's comment about the psychological prowess possibilities of metal gear solid 4 :whew:

So 1 for overrated :francis:

So you like the story, you liked it so much you neglected to mention there was so much of it that you only had 4hrs of actual gameplay. And the story was uninteresting to the majority of gamers. At first it was deemed the best game ever made, EVERYONE REMEMBERS THAT RIGHT?

MANDELA effect maybe :patrice:
Now it's known to be trash to half the fans of the series, that makes it the most overrated because it was once rated BEST GAME EVER CREATED..

Metal Gear Solid 4 received universal acclaim, according to review aggregator website Metacritic.[72] The first review was a 10/10 from PlayStation Official Magazine (UK), commenting "MGS4 shifts gears constantly, innovating again and again".[89] The game has been awarded 10/10 from Game Informer[79]and a 5/5 in all categories (graphics, control, sound, and fun factor) from GamePro.[77]Japanese magazine Famitsu (40/40)[76] and Empire.[90] The game received a 9.9/10 from IGN,[83] a 9.5/10 from IGN Australia,[84] and a 10/10 from IGN.[82] IGN was quoted in a video review, saying MGS4 is "one of the best games ever made".[82] Edge[74] and Eurogamer[75] both gave the game 8/10. GameSpot gave it a 10/10 saying "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made",[80] making MGS4 one of only five games ever to receive a perfect "10" from both IGN and GameSpot, and the sixth of only nine games to receive a perfect ten from GameSpot overall. :francis:

Except he didn't really make MGS5 because that was a money grab :gucci: and it wasn't that great so according to you (omitting your bias on MGS4) MGS ain't been shyt since MGS2. 3-5 are still good games but the series is over hyped because of the greatness from the ps1 and 2 eras :francis:

Name a more overrated franchise :popcorn:

1. Saying something is gassed isn't saying its bad or isn't a classic. There are plenty of films that are classic but people lift them to godly status. That's how I feel about MGS3. Its classic a GOAT level PS2 game but I just enjoyed MGS1 and 2 much more.

2. MGS4 to me is classic, much of its criticism now comes from the technical limitations, which you could say of any game made in the previous gens. Its not gassed at all, agreed there was a TON of cut scenes, but this is part of why we play MGS is for the narrative. Not to mention it was supposed to be the final game, truly. So I expected loose ends to be tied up...:manny: I remember playing MGS4 and being blown away everytime I played it...its simply amazing.

3. MGS5 is the only game that can't be called a classic...but its not because of the gameplay...in fact I think its by far the most fun to actually drop in and play. But the LACK of story is what crippled it.

One game doesn't all of a sudden shyt on a whole series.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1. Saying something is gassed isn't saying its bad or isn't a classic. There are plenty of films that are classic but people lift them to godly status. That's how I feel about MGS3. Its classic a GOAT level PS2 game but I just enjoyed MGS1 and 2 much more.

2. MGS4 to me is classic, much of its criticism now comes from the technical limitations, which you could say of any game made in the previous gens. Its not gassed at all, agreed there was a TON of cut scenes, but this is part of why we play MGS is for the narrative. Not to mention it was supposed to be the final game, truly. So I expected loose ends to be tied up...:manny: I remember playing MGS4 and being blown away everytime I played it...its simply amazing.

3. MGS5 is the only game that can't be called a classic...but its not because of the gameplay...in fact I think its by far the most fun to actually drop in and play. But the LACK of story is what crippled it.

One game doesn't all of a sudden shyt on a whole series.
You basically repeated what I said :laugh:
Only difference is you think the 4hrs of actual gameplay that was MGS4 is acceptable because the story in your opinion was so great. Do you acknowledge that your feelings about MGS4 is no longer the popular opinion? Do you acknowledge that it was called the best game ever made before opinions changed? If it's a good game or not is debatable, the hype it had vs what its recognized as today isn't aka overrated by the very definition :manny:

Grand Theft Auto 4 is also guilty of being deemed best game to ever do it. But this ain't about GTA, and the last UNIVERSALLY loved GTA game didn't come out in the ps2 era like MGS if we going off of that premise :yeshrug:

Tru :francis: Story

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Love the Metal Gear Solid series. I've only played a level of peace walker and MGS5 so I'm sad I've missed out on those two games. Will definitely purchase whenever I buy a PS4 Pro some day.

I don't think the series is over-rated. One game you left out is Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. That game was the fukking shyt! It was like a remake of MGS1 but with updated mechanics and even crazier new action cut-scenes.

I'm ashamed to admit how many hours I've spent torturing the guards in MGS2.

MGS3 had my eyes a lil wet when it came to kill The Boss.

MGS4...can only be summed up in this vid:

Metal Gear Rising is my shyt mannnn

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
I know you don't want to include handheld games but they really wrote themselves into a corner with Peace Walker. The tech in that shyt was better than anything that came after it storyline wise. Loved the world building though.

I understand that Big Boss is supposed to be the legend and his feats have to be incredible but Solid Snake>>>>