đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MGS3
MGS
MGS2
MGS4
MGSV (still probably the best TPS controls I've ever played)

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I was too young for the original MGS so I will not rank it.

MGS4
MGS2
MGS3
MGS5

This is ranked from my favorite to least favorite, not necessarily the best game

MGS3 is probably the best game

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
5, never played 3

Gonna cop Delta when it drops but 5 was fun as fukk to me.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I love everything up to 4....:pachaha:

4 is my goat tho.. :mjcry: I didnt like the way snake was screwed with that aging virus bullshyt tho...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
4 is my goat tho.. :mjcry: I didnt like the way snake was screwed with that aging virus bullshyt tho...

Everything is always about Big Boss these days, but I always preferred Solid Snake myself since MGS was my first MG game :wow:

Can't lie MGS4 made me mad because it basically retired Solid Snake as a character. Can't have him in any future games outside of prequels/remakes.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
MGS 1 is my favorite/best game of all time imo. There’s game that have clearly surpassed it since but for the way it amazed me when it 1st released it can’t be topped for me personally. Like of topic I have A Link to the Past as my 2nd favorite game of all time and there were better Zelda games after that but nostalgia trumps them all for me.

MGS3 was amazing and in a lot of ways superior to MGS1 but nostalgia won’t let me place anything above the 1st MGS.

MGS4 I know people hated the long cutscenes and playing as old Snake. However, for me this was one of my favorite games on PS3.

MGS2 was a great game even the Raiden 2nd half but……… I didn’t want to actually be forced into switch from playing as Snake.

MGS5 I don’t even have time to complain about all the things I hated about this game. Overall I liked it but at times I hate played the game :ld: If that makes any sense :yeshrug: . I think this was one of the main games that made me overall find the PS4/XBOX One generation underwhelming. A lot of the sequels to games from the previous generation were less fun. This game had all managed to have all those issues lol.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
7. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops: Honestly a fun timewaster for its time but you're not going back and playing this on a rom or anything.
6.Metal Gear Solid (V): Peace Walker: See above, but more emphasis on story. I think this title and another one introduced more problems than anything to the series and an over-reliance on a character who should really didn't need more backstory. Speaking of which...
5.Metal Gear Solid V: After years of emphasizing Big Boss over Solid Snake, we finally get to see the REAL REASON he went bad. Oh, wait, it's actually
You
with a meta-narrative that MGS 2 did way better. Don't get me wrong a fun game and overall the best gameplay, but the hype behind this game was NUTS at the time and it didn't really reach it. Felt like Peace Walker 2, more than a legit console title.
4.Metal Gear Solid IV: Underrated gameplay, story is just as nuts and some of the dumbest retcons, but if you were a fan since MGS or even earlier, the ending puts it so ahead of the games above on the list. Frustrating title and realistically should be on top, but as a conclusion to Solid Snake's story it works.
3.Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (:dame:) I like Big Boss, I do. But, I think this game introduced a huge problem that made the games that succeeded it less appealing and that's the constant going back on Big Boss and The Boss (who honestly comes off as a dumbass the more they change her story) As its own story, you basically understand why Big Boss would eventually tell America to fukk off. It's a perfect way to show everything and change-of-pace, but I think the over-reliance on Big Boss turned me off to this game. Amazing ending. Gameplay wise, it's hard to go back. A ton of menus for basic things that I'm certain Delta will fix. But the gameplay also feels slower and overly reliant on a messed up camo system. A lot of this stuff was fixed in future titles and the shyt basically introduced how the game would be moving forward, but while the gameplay improved, I think the story suffers simply because Kojima wanted to go back to this too many times.

2.Metal Gear Solid: Pains me to not have it one. I remember my mom's friends neighbor had this shyt and he used to invite everyone in the building over JUST TO WATCH HIM PLAY. And not a single fukking kid (I was like 6 and the others around 6-8) would complain about that shyt. It was that fukking different from anything else out at the time. You were deadass watching a fukking movie when someone played this shyt. shyt might've launched fukking commentary's and backseat gaming because even when you weren't playing you were compelled to see just how much the game let you get away and crossed the boundaries between game and player. Psycho Mantis had all all run out the fukking room. I couldn't sleep for like a week. Gameplay wise... I mean fam. What game in 1998 was doing any of this shyt. I had an N64 and started crying because I couldn't play this shyt. Yeah, we had OOT but we didn't have a whole fukking movie on two discs. Link ain't fukking them FoxHound nikkas up with that Navi's annoying ass. What fukking game was like this shyt? Winback? which came out a year later? It was tough selling.
Anyway it's 2 because when I finally got the PSX in June of '99, they didn't have this game so I had to settle with FF7 (tough choices, right?) and Tekken. So a couple of weeks later we were going to the Blockbuster down the block, and they had that shyt for rent, so I begged until I got it. I played through it all night, snuck in to the living room after bed and put the TV on low :wow: and got up until the part where that bumass dying bytch Baker tells you to check the back of the cd case. Of course, we all know NOW that they meant the back of the

So I spent every fukking hour of the two day rental mashing L2 and I was was also too stubborn/stupid to just call every number on the codec. Go to my mom's friends neighbors place and he tells me they meant the back of the cd case. Bruh, picks it up and shows me and there it is: 140.15 "Meryl..."

fukk you, Kojima.

1. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Take fukking everything about MGS make that shyt have the smoothest FPS ever while doubling-down on all the most insane shyt but multiply it by a million and one. A good sequel expands on everything the first game does, well MGS 2 does that while deconstructing everything about the first game, making you question what the fukk you're doing playing a video game, while being a complete fukking improvement on MGS' gameplay, a game that leads to four AM deep dives when you can be doing literally anything else. If MGS made video commentary's and "Games that felt like movies", MGS 2 surely lead to those long video essays and our culture's obsession with finding out everything we can about our niche hobby.

Anyway hype? TIMES A MILLION. It's the fukking sequel to PSX's best game and no other game at the time outside of FFX looked as clean as this. People with GameCube's were probably killing themselves when this shyt came out. Then you see some of the first clips of the Tanker mission and you got my young ass like, :gladbron: "BRO,THAT's THE GWB!!!! HE'S IN THE HEIGHTS! THIS GAME TAKES PLACE IN NYC?!?!?!" One of the greatest intros of all time, just sleek, cool, all that 1998-2002 post modernistic, matrix, GITS, shyt we all loved back then. And then you finally get to the codec call and hear the magical "Kept you waiting, huh?" and you could've ended the fukking game right there off the intro.

Tanker is fun as fukk, and really lets you go through all the new shyt. Shooting fukking radios? Tranq's AND Bodies not disappearing. You had to fukking think like a real nikka to play this shyt. Using the FPS button to scan rooms and plan routes? It was fukking nuts. Just like in 1998, you're wondering, "WHAT OTHER GAME LETS YOU DO THIS shyt BRO!!! WHAT IS THIS !?!" As you progress, you expect a story similar to MGS and then fukking LIQUID SNAKE (or so we thought) COMES BACK IN A OCELOTS AMR AND BLOWS THE shyt UP!

We get to watch the amazing trailer/commercial intro again. And then we're playing as someone... well that isn't Snake.
"HUH!?"
Raiden is not only NOT Snake, but this nikka looks like some bishounen anime type. I'm not playing FFX right now, I want to play as Snake. But as you delve deeper into him and get deeper through the Big Shell... you start to like the dude and realize he might be more fukking insane than Dead Cell and FoxHound. Which brings me to the next point, as you get through, we meet our enemies and these dudes are straight up insane. Not like FoxHound where they seemed competent but insane (outside of Mantis) but like "Yo, they might actually pop off all the hostages because one of them sneezed" Vamp's sus-ass can't die, Fortune can't die, fukking Ocelot got Batman's bullshyt powers, Fatman is so crazy EVEN Dead Cell wants him popped and Solid(us) Snake, who isn't Solid Snake as we're told... but looks like fukking BIG BOSS. WHAT THE fukk?!

As you get through them though, you start thinking, "man this game is like MGS a bit, it's the same structure" and almost like if he heard your thoughts, Kojima turns that shyt around in its third act and you have no fukking clue what the fukk you're even playing anymore.

By the end, you don't even fukking know if killing Solidus even made sense. All you see is the grey-hue streets of a post 9/11 NYC gather around as Raiden decides to move forward and make his own destiny.

shyt's crazy, brehs.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:wow:Revengeance is a dope game I just didn’t add it. Because it’s not a traditional MG game.

Last edited: