Metal Gear Rising is the Best Pure Action Game this Gen

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:krs: You plat this b!tch yet?

I have all the achievement points for the OG NG2 outside of the DLC stuff that came out for it.

Sigma 2 I got to 84%. There's 3 trophies left, 2 are hidden and the other one is the one for using Ninpo 100 times which would be easy to get. I stopped playing this one because when I transferred over the data from my old PS3 it didn't sync the file right so its like nothing has been done yet my trophies are still there. shyt is dumb. But I probably wouldn't have gotten Plat because beating all of the coop missions requires two people who know what they're doing to complete them. Plus with the lag I would have been too annoyed anyway.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Ok....did anybody see the robot on the left before you fight Sundowner????

He was in a boxing stance...but I couldnt get to him....WTF???

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Since you haven't played Bayonetta yet (which I still don't get how you of all peeps slept on that for this long) I can't take your statement as being 100. You should change the title to "best YOU played this gen". Imma cop it this payday tho and I'm sure ill be pleased with it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've played Bayonetta's demo back when it dropped so that counts for something...

:manny:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:laugh:

I'll get the game eventually. I just remember it playing more like DMC than NG. And I'm a big NG stan so I doubt I enjoy it's style more than I'm enjoying MGR.

I might get it on 360 though cause the soundtrack is another thing that I wasn't feeling when I tried it.

Kodie

Pro
Daps

I'll get the game eventually. I just remember it playing more like DMC than NG. And I'm a big NG stan so I doubt I enjoy it's style more than I'm enjoying MGR.

I might get it on 360 though cause the soundtrack is another thing that I wasn't feeling when I tried it.

Yeah Bayo is def to DMC as MGR is to NG. But that doesn't mean they don't warrant playthrus.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I've played Bayonetta's demo back when it dropped so that counts for something...

:manny:

:deadrose::snoop:

Go play that joint next man (on your 360 if it's not dead and in the bushes). Granted, your opinion may already be set in stone at this point, tho at either rate, you'd be doing yourself a great disservice in not playing it dawg.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, you probably wouldn't be off at all in stating that Bayo is akin to DMC, which should be expected since it's made by the DMC creator (tho as is MGR too, lol). And Kode's got it pegged right as well with saying that Bayo is to DMC as MGR is to NG. That all makes sense on a thematic styling as well, seeing as Raiden's this cyborg Ninja and Bayo being a witch. Those themes carry over into their gameplay too, to which opens the doors of what to expect/can be done gamplay wise also, with some presumptions of how the action will play out and so forth. So I can understand having an assumption of what Bayo is all about within that comparative context and also, favoring one style over the other, as I've always preferred DMC's more free-form, over-the-top and on-the-fly style switch combat to NG's more "tight" precision battle system. I think looking at it outright objectively though, one would see that how the action is overall handled in Bayonetta is pretty much at the top of the game of the genre and is a must play for any fan of the genre. I'm sure MGR is as well though, considering it's the same makers, P*.

Kamiya > Itagaki. :win:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone see that shyt?????

You talking about the robot standing on top of another on the balcony that's across from you before you run up the stairs to fight Sundowner?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lookin' through the Trophy List...

I can imagine obtaining all S Rank on Revengeance Mode is going to be complete choas

:mindblown:

Also, for those who haven't gotten to the last mission yet, try to get that Surprise Attack trophy/achievement your first playthrough. I say this because it doesn't unlock until after you beat the final boss. So if you skip it initially, just know when/if you go back to grab that one, you're going to have to beat the final boss again. And if you beat it on Hard, I don't think they let you go back and play it on Normal or Easy just to do so...