Metal Gear Rising is the Best Pure Action Game this Gen

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't use any special suit on my first playthrough because I didn't want any kind of advantage.

:blessed:

I got em stacked up though. My bro preordered from Gamestop so I got the Grey Fox suit from him. I got the White Armor shyt from Best Buy. I kind of wish I got it from Amazon for the Inferno suit, but Best Buy gave me 20 for pre-ordering the game with them so

:yeshrug:

@Doc Holiday if you're using the default controls, RT is the lock on button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I started this game on Hard and that was totally the right decision. I can't believe I'm not even done with second chapter (of 8), I don't have good scores, there's 2 difficulties left, not to mention VR missions and people have the nerve to say there's not enough content. That shyt cray.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish Platinum developed for the PC. I really want to finish Bayonetta. I got to the end of the game(I remember surfing on some old school boss type shyt) and never finished because I think the disc stopped working or something shyt. I had it for PS3 but sold that trash copy.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I started this game on Hard and that was totally the right decision. I can't believe I'm not even done with second chapter (of 8), I don't have good scores, there's 2 difficulties left, not to mention VR missions and people have the nerve to say there's not enough content. That shyt cray.

I beat it earlier this morning. The end game screen said my time played was over 14 hours. My time on the save file says I put in over 18...

I enjoyed this campaign and I could have finished it quicker had I just rushed through it. I found myself restarting sections trying to get stuff or saving a civilian if I messed up the previous time. I also searched around for the hidden VR Missions that are found throughout the game... and if I found a cyborg who's left hand I could collect for Doktor I would repeat a section till I got it...

But the real reason I got so much play time out of this joint is because I didn't use any health items the entire time. I didn't use any other weapon besides the HF Blade. I didn't put on a suped suit either. Some of the bosses were tough as shyt because I essentially forced myself to beat them without taking much damage due to the handicap I gave myself.

Truly a fun and fair experience. I'm going to turn this game inside out before I'm done with it

:wow:

And my scores suck too

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also... you might want to take a peek at the trophies when your playing through it. There are some that you have to do in specific areas of the game that you might want to get on your first time around...

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Thought I was in the minority thinking NG2 was the best action game this gen...shyt I'm sure I still am but at least some people agree with me :russ:. If this is similar then I def gotta check it out

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thought I was in the minority thinking NG2 was the best action game this gen...shyt I'm sure I still am but at least some people agree with me :russ:. If this is similar then I def gotta check it out

:myman:

Man, this game has it's similarities to NG2 but it doesn't have the framerate issues.

One thing that no game can match NG2 in is the amount of weapons and depth to them. You could literally play through that game with any weapon from start to finish and beat it if you knew how to do work with it (I actually did this on NG2 :wow:)

MGR doesn't have the same number of weapons, but the dismemberment aspect that you love in NG2 is present in here, but taken to another level.

It never gets old rippin' out an enemies spine in this shyt

:ahh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

:myman:

Man, this game has it's similarities to NG2 but it doesn't have the framerate issues.

One thing that no game can match NG2 in is the amount of weapons and depth to them. You could literally play through that game with any weapon from start to finish and beat it if you knew how to do work with it (I actually did this on NG2 :wow:)

MGR doesn't have the same number of weapons, but the dismemberment aspect that you love in NG2 is present in here, but taken to another level.

It never gets old rippin' out an enemies spine in this shyt

:ahhh:

It gets ill when you stop slicing enemies into a thousand pieces and just chop off a leg and the head, or split them down the middle and chop the legs off. 2 quick chops be lookin like art.

Playing on very hard, is. :leon: Very hard. I turned that shyt off after they threw 2 dogs and a bunch of rocket launcher guys at me. Ima have to come back to this. Getting first place in these vr missions is not easy either.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
If this keeps up, it might become one of my favorite games this gen easy. Can't believe the shyt this game throws at you.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If this keeps up, it might become one of my favorite games this gen easy. Can't believe the shyt this game throws at you.

Very hard is a madhouse. I cant play that shyt with an audience.