Message to those whining about $70 Sony games

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Crunch is not a part of development cost wtf are you talking about.
You don't think devs expect backend compensation after putting in tons of crunch?

Have you not read any of those dozens are articles you've read talking about crunch, bonuses, etc?

Do you work SE? :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You don't think devs expect backend compensation after putting in tons of crunch?

Have you not read any of those dozens are articles you've read talking about crunch, bonuses, etc?

Do you work SE? :francis:

Most people that suffer through crunch are salaried and contracted employees that don’t typically receive OT thats the point. Bonuses are not tied to crunch

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
If it doesn't have microtransactions or that loot box bull shyt I don't mind paying $70

But if it does?

Game should be like $20 or $30 at most

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If it doesn't have microtransactions or that loot box bull shyt I don't mind paying $70

But if it does?

Game should be like $20 or $30 at most

Sony games almost never have MTX. shyt we got an entire multiplayer expansion for free last year in Ghost of Tsushima. They keep that standard and i dont care about the 10 dollar increase:yeshrug:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
$70 is exactly why I’m not going to participate in this generation…these AAA games a lot of the times are horse shyt. If it ain’t a mindless open world Ubisoft or GTA clone it’s some paper thin live service game that’s all about shooting countless enemies. Streets of Rage 2 is the first and last $70 game in my household.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$70 is exactly why I’m not going to participate in this generation…these AAA games a lot of the times are horse shyt. If it ain’t a mindless open world Ubisoft or GTA clone it’s some paper thin live service game that’s all about shooting countless enemies. Streets of Rage 2 is the first and last $70 game in my household.

Returnal, R&C, and Demon Souls don’t fit either of those things

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Let me settle this...

PC gaming has always had better graphics, but games didn't cost more and generally will be cheaper.

Battlefield 6 is $59.99 on PC :usure:

Literally 3 games right now from sony cost 70 dollars too, the concern trolling is wild breh
It's not trolling, you and your crew of fanboys are trying to usher in those prices because Sony charged that much for a PS3 game :facepalm:
And you guys have the audacity to say I'm this/that

I know I'm not that :gucci:, acknowledge your lunacy or fukk what you saying Sony fanboys...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Or R&C. Dudes taking in every single sight to make that short game last :russ:
Bruh. This shyt right here was $83.99 when it dropped.
genesis_streetfighter2champ.jpg

Then u had shyt like Donkey Kong Country that was around that price. Some games even costed $100 on release. Now factor in inflation. fukkin devs used to basically charge anything they wanted back in the SNES/Genesis era from $30-$100. That’s facts.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bruh. This shyt right here was $83.99 when it dropped.
genesis_streetfighter2champ.jpg

Then u had shyt like Donkey Kong Country that was around that price. Some games even costed $100 on release. Now factor in inflation. fukkin devs used to basically charge anything they wanted back in the SNES/Genesis era from $30-$100. That’s facts.
I've said this before: I don't care nothing about that back in the day shyt. I don't care what yall parents had to pay way back when. I'm not paying $70 and that's it. :unimpressed:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There is no good argument for $70 games other than greed. Video game prices standardized a long time ago. It doesn't matter what was paid back in the 90s.
Because they raised the price of games it's directly responsible for me passing on games I otherwise would have bought already. I skipped games like Spiderman MM and Returnal that normally I'd have bought and I won't be buying them until they're dirt cheap. If that means I'm waiting 6-7 months or even 12 so be it. This crap basically came from Take Two's greedy ass jacking the price up of that DLC factory NBA 2K knowing damn well they likely make drastically more selling overpriced DLC than the do selling the game and selling the DLC is more lucrative because the return on investment is probably at least 10x the cost to make said DLC.

This isn't just about Sony having $70 screw all these companies that do that then have the nerve to want you to buy and DLC, or season passes. If you gonna sell me a $70 game then sell me the whole damn game. We all know that won't happen.

All these games should cost more arguments are just corporate apologism.