Message to those whining about $70 Sony games

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is stupid and simple. Being that games that aren’t on Gamepass will cost that price on Xbox as well. This is a new gen thing. Not a PlayStation thing. Thing is the main ones complaining about it are Xbox users from what I been seeing. People dead be tryna shame nikkas for buying games. It’s weird.
Go look at Sony’s 10Ks and 10Qs. They’re making money hand over fist. Much of the money they make on games aren’t even from them selling their own games it’s from digital sales of extra items on PSN and their cut of 3rd party games. Translation they’re raising the price because they can not because they need to.

The people here defending this have probably never looked at anything on Sony’s investor relations page. They are simply defending a company they Stan as they always do. To them because they like the product that company is above criticism.

These types of exploitative pricing practices only hit their most loyal customers. Demon’s Souls is somehow $50 right now. Used to be $70. So yeah when I see shyt like that it gives me pause to pay more for a game out of the gate. For the most part I’ll just let the Stans and impulsive buyers pay extra and wait knowing in several months I will get it for less once it’s sold through to them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Go look at Sony’s 10Ks and 10Qs. They’re making money hand over fist. Much of the money they make on games aren’t even from them selling their own games it’s from digital sales of extra items on PSN and their cut of 3rd party games. Translation they’re raising the price because they can not because they need to.

The people here defending this have probably never looked at anything on Sony’s investor relations page. They are simply defending a company they Stan as they always do. To them because they like the product that company is above criticism.

These types of exploitative pricing practices only hit their most loyal customers. Demon’s Souls is somehow $50 right now. Used to be $70. So yeah when I see shyt like that it gives me pause to pay more for a game out of the gate. For the most part I’ll just let the Stans and impulsive buyers pay extra and wait knowing in several months I will get it for less once it’s sold through to them.

Meh everyones gonna happily pay 70 dollars for gta or the next 2k so making this a big bad sony issue is short sighted

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
PlayStation 5 sales are hot, but Sony’s profit powerhouse is services
And those millions of players are spending a lot of money thanks to PlayStation services. The company reported 543 billion yen ($4.98 billion) in revenue from digital software. For physical software, it added revenue of 138 billion yen ($1.25 billion). But then Sony brought in a massive 912 billion yen ($8.3 billion) from add-on content.
Sony is making more money off add on content for games than they make off selling all the games both physical and digital combined. That's the business model now. Selling games is just a gateway to making the real money. Back in the day before DLC selling games was how they made money. It isn't anymore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what about the other publishers charging 70 dollars?
Is that really your argument? Somebody else did it so it's ok? If you're going to ask that then I'll ask what about Microsoft and Nintendo who aren't charging $70?

Like I said Sony is above criticism for some of you. You'll always come back to how to defend what they do. Many of yall showed your true colors when Sony went from "we believe in generations" to the PS4 gamers will get games that were supposed to only be for the newer generation.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is that really your argument? Somebody else did it so it's ok? If you're going to ask that then I'll ask what about Microsoft and Nintendo who aren't charging $70?

Like I said Sony is above criticism for some of you. You'll always come back to how to defend what they do. Many of yall showed your true colors when Sony went from "we believe in generations" to the PS4 gamers will get games that were supposed to only be for the newer generation.

Its simply an industry standard being imposed you keep focusing on sony and its missing the bigger picture

You’re intent on making this a console war thing and I’m not even looking at it from that angle

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Read my other post in this thread. Get back to me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its simply an industry standard being imposed you keep focusing on sony and its missing the bigger picture

You’re intent on making this a console war thing and I’m not even looking at it from that angle
Expect Sony is the only hardware maker doing this. Nintendo not Microsoft their direct competition haven't raised the prices of their games. Third party publishers have to give hardware manufacturers a chunk of their game sales just to have games on Sony's platform. Even still I'd argue third party publishers don't need to do this either because they excessively monetize their games with crap like loot boxes and other micro transactions. Companies like Activision make drastically more on DLC and add on content than they do selling games. Hell Ubisoft is exploring going almost completely free to play in the future because it's likely more lucrative for them to give games away and overcharge on DLC and microtransactions.

These are the same companies that in 4 or so months the game is selling for 30% less than the new retail price.

Not interested in running out and paying 16.5% over the old retail price off some hype culture pricing when they're more than ok selling the game for way less as they show when several months pass and they drastically cut the price.

The pricing of games is just another way this industry exploits their customers. The same way they build gambling mechanics into their rated for everyone games and lure children to spend their parents money off credit cards and or lure gambling addicts into spending loads of money from their addiction off predatory practices and nobody in the industry says jack shyt.

Pointing at third party publishers like they're some bastion of light ain't it man.