Message to those whining about $70 Sony games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Expect Sony is the only hardware maker doing this. Nintendo not Microsoft their direct competition haven't raised the prices of their games. Third party publishers have to give hardware manufacturers a chunk of their game sales just to have games on Sony's platform. Even still I'd argue third party publishers don't need to do this either because they excessively monetize their games with crap like loot boxes and other micro transactions. Companies like Activision make drastically more on DLC and add on content than they do selling games. Hell Ubisoft is exploring going almost completely free to play in the future because it's likely more lucrative for them to give games away and overcharge on DLC and microtransactions.

These are the same companies that in 4 or so months the game is selling for 30% less than the new retail price.

Not interested in running out and paying 16.5% over the old retail price off some hype culture pricing when they're more than ok selling the game for way less as they show when several months pass and they drastically cut the price.

The pricing of games is just another way this industry exploits their customers. The same way they build gambling mechanics into their rated for everyone games and lure children to spend their parents money off credit cards and or lure gambling addicts into spending loads of money from their addiction off predatory practices and nobody in the industry says jack shyt.

Pointing at third party publishers like they're some bastion of light ain't it man.
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an a$$hole If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel your plans for $70 games, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an a$$hole If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase a PS5, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel your plans for $70 games, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:jawalrus:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Dont bother me,last 59.99 game i brought was god of war:russ:

Psn sales literally happen each week:yeshrug:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I still don't understand why that $10 is such a big deal. If you were the type of person to buy a few $60 games a year, you'll spend an extra $30 a year now. If you were the type of person to purchase 5+ games a year, you clearly have disposable income so again, why is this $10 such a gut punch for so many of you?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still don't understand why that $10 is such a big deal. If you were the type of person to buy a few $60 games a year, you'll spend an extra $30 a year now. If you were the type of person to purchase 5+ games a year, you clearly have disposable income so again, why is this $10 such a gut punch for so many of you?

Literally 3 games right now from sony cost 70 dollars too, the concern trolling is wild breh

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yikes, not having any exclusive games to play seems to be causing hysteria with the Xbots. Don't worry, 2023 is your year!

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I mean $70 not bad, we paying $100 a game and per controller here.

:russ:

Can only imagine those Brazilian prices

:sadcam:

At the end of the day, practices won't last long if your complaints keep your wallet closed.

What did Future say? "You what you want when you're popping".

:takedat:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:mjlol:

Everyone was right for shytting on 2k for their next gen pricing.

To be fair people should be shytting on the price of r and c since it's price tag belies all the usual arguments.

• Short game play
  • Short dev time
  • No crunch
  • Purchasing direct from publisher

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Everyone was right for shytting on 2k for their next gen pricing.

To be fair people should be shytting on the price of r and c since it's price tag belies all the usual arguments.

• Short game play
  • Short dev time
  • No crunch
  • Purchasing direct from publisher

Now yall are factoring crunch into pricing :dead:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This narrative that multi plats are for exbox and Sony for exclusives is ridiculous

There has been no noticeable differences on next gen multiplats and I have yet seen MS able to put out anything that looks like demon souls or ratchet
If the games actually existed then theoretically they could have looked better than ratchet and demon souls.

:yeshrug: