Message to those whining about $70 Sony games

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Here they come :russ:

Knowing they would be gobbling that shyt up if it was on Gamepass. Mad because Xbox doesn't have anything out right now that anyone gives a flying fukk about:mjlol:

But watch them cum guzzle the only sequel to a 15 year old platformer when it comes and how it's so much better than Ratchet and Clank.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've said this before: I don't care nothing about that back in the day shyt. I don't care what yall parents had to pay way back when. I'm not paying $70 and that's it. :unimpressed:
Than don’t pay it. Wait for a sale. People already said the same thing when games jumped to $60. And look where we are.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Threads like this is what indoctrination looks like. This is at the level of red state republicans voting against their own best interest because they're so indoctrinated to the republican party it's not even a thought process anymore. They're handed their beliefs by that party.

People really think others are jealous of their chosen piece of plastic, something that by the way there are no restrictions on anyone buying or not buying, that they're defending paying more for really the same or even less of a product built on a pre-made engine that scales to the hardware. These companies for the most part aren't building new engines for newer hardware. They're using the Unreal Engine or the same engine they used last generation.

These companies are bullies. They'll take your lunch money because you'll let them not because they deserve it. The moment gamers stand up to their BS business practices they always back down. We really need to stop buying into video game hype culture non-sense. They get you in a tizzy teasing and stimulating you with all this controlled information they leak out. They get their influencers to do it and you run out and pay $70 for the game day one. 8-12 months later somebody is getting that same game for $50-$60 with all the DLC included on the disc. The game is less broken when they buy it due to the fact that day one it was still being worked on and they get all the bonuses you had to pay extra for.

• Dap
Reactions: XII

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
There is no good argument for $70 games other than greed. Video game prices standardized a long time ago. It doesn't matter what was paid back in the 90s.
Because they raised the price of games it's directly responsible for me passing on games I otherwise would have bought already. I skipped games like Spiderman MM and Returnal that normally I'd have bought and I won't be buying them until they're dirt cheap. If that means I'm waiting 6-7 months or even 12 so be it. This crap basically came from Take Two's greedy ass jacking the price up of that DLC factory NBA 2K knowing damn well they likely make drastically more selling overpriced DLC than the do selling the game and selling the DLC is more lucrative because the return on investment is probably at least 10x the cost to make said DLC.

This isn't just about Sony having $70 screw all these companies that do that then have the nerve to want you to buy and DLC, or season passes. If you gonna sell me a $70 game then sell me the whole damn game. We all know that won't happen.

All these games should cost more arguments are just corporate apologism.

I don’t think it’s about games “should” cost more. More than it’s about the fact that this happens damn near every gaming gen except 1. And people say the same shyt. When PS1/Saturn dropped it was the first time I seen games cost LESS than previous gen. All except Nintendo. People made this same complaint ever since the PS2 gen and they still making it. Yet still buy the shyt. U writing essays on this shyt when it’s pretty simple. Lol. Also. It’s faux outrage because the finger is getting pointed at Sony like Microsoft ain’t finna do the same shyt once they games start dropping that’s not on Gamepass. And we all knew this since last year. Best way to combat this is wait for a sale. Which is what I do when I don’t wanna pay full price for shyt.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games costing more isn't the problem at one point in time when a game cost more you knew you were getting something different, even if the game sucked there was going to be something that required that game to cost a extra 10 15 20 bucks be it The sound, graphics, or whatever. It was usually a clear-cut above other games out at the time.

I'm not against the games being 70 bucks or more as long as I can see why in game. Ratchet is an example of a game where I can see why it would cost 70 bucks or more.

Returnal is an example of a game where that is not evident at all. Even last gen games like tlous2, gow and got I can see why they would be 70 plus.

If triple AAA games want to charge 70 or more for a game fine, but I don't want generic crashes, glitches, and issues transferring save files and things I need to see and see or hear why I'm paying more for this experience.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games costing more isn't the problem at one point in time when a game cost more you knew you were getting something different, even if the game sucked there was going to be something that required that game to cost a extra 10 15 20 bucks be it The sound, graphics, or whatever. It was usually a clear-cut above other games out at the time.

I'm not against the games being 70 bucks or more as long as I can see why in game. Ratchet is an example of a game where I can see why it would cost 70 bucks or more.

Returnal is an example of a game where that is not evident at all. Even last gen games like tlous2, gow and got I can see why they would be 70 plus.

If triple AAA games want to charge 70 or more for a game fine, but I don't want generic crashes, glitches, and issues transferring save files and things I need to see and see or hear why I'm paying more for this experience.
This is a weird example. I thought you'd be against it since Returnal is longer than Ratchet. Returnal from the way you guys talk is worth more since you can get way more hours out of it e.g. anywhere from 20~40 hours or more while Ratchet is about 11~14 hours.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t think it’s about games “should” cost more. More than it’s about the fact that this happens damn near every gaming gen except 1. And people say the same shyt. When PS1/Saturn dropped it was the first time I seen games cost LESS than previous gen. All except Nintendo. People made this same complaint ever since the PS2 gen and they still making it. Yet still buy the shyt. U writing essays on this shyt when it’s pretty simple. Lol. Also. It’s faux outrage because the finger is getting pointed at Sony like Microsoft ain’t finna do the same shyt once they games start dropping that’s not on Gamepass. And we all knew this since last year. Best way to combat this is wait for a sale. Which is what I do when I don’t wanna pay full price for shyt.
The only $70 game I've purchased is Ratchet and Clank and that was because having owned the PS5 and Xbox Series X since launch I hadn't played or even purchased a single game on either that was for their generation. For the most part I won't be purchasing $70 games. I also don't purchase any DLC even for games I love.

These game companies are cowards. The moment the market calls them out on their BS they fold. Look at Star Wars Battlefront II. The problem is gamers are so ingrained in hype culture they rarely stand up to these companies. The companies continue to experiment with bad business practices to see what they can get away with and most of the time they get away with it so it becomes the new normal.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only $70 game I've purchased is Ratchet and Clank and that was because having owned the PS5 and Xbox Series X since launch I hadn't played or even purchased a single game on either that was for their generation. For the most part I won't be purchasing $70 games. I also don't purchase any DLC even for games I love.

These game companies are cowards. The moment the market calls them out on their BS they fold. Look at Star Wars Battlefront II. The problem is gamers are so ingrained in hype culture they rarely stand up to these companies. The companies continue to experiment with bad business practices to see what they can get away with and most of the time they get away with it so it becomes the new normal.
Why sit here and act holier than thou and then go purchase the $70 game which you seem to be fervidly against via your own admission? Hypocrite much? You ramble on and on about Sony gamers being akin to indoctrinated party supporters but then turn around and buy a game with the excuse of "I had nothing else to play." :mjlol: You dudes are a trip.

I mean if I say I'm never paying for horse armor I'm not gonna cave in and said "Well my horse was aesthetically boring and it gave me an eyesore."

Gamer "hype" culture always has exceptions on here. It's wrong to hype up a game when it's a game you don't personally like but let it be some other title from your favorite developer and "Well they deserve it because of ___." The whataboutism from Sony fans/Xbox fans is equal if you can keep it a stack.

I've always critiqued Sony for not releasing PS1~PS2 titles via BC when I know it can work on the PS4 and especially the PS5.
Sony bullshytting with PS1/PS2 backwards compatiblity let's be real brehs

I've made threads on it but alas it conveniently gets forgotten in these type of threads. I've also said ND and Sony are lame for not including MP in the UC collection and/or closing down their servers prematurely compared to MSFT.

Sony's 1st party multiplayer offerings this gen has been pretty bad
Wait a minute THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER IN NEW UNCHARTED COLLECTIO

See I critique Sony all the time.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a weird example. I thought you'd be against it since Returnal is longer than Ratchet. Returnal from the way you guys talk is worth more since you can get way more hours out of it e.g. anywhere from 20~40 hours or more while Ratchet is about 11~14 hours.
The length of a game doesn't matter to me unless it's way to short or unnecessarily long. The only reason I mention game length is because people are so stuck on it for some metric of getting your moneys worth.

Also there are a dozen other ratchet games out, people should know what to expect when it comes to game length.

Returnal is a game that's only long because you are expected to die and replay it over until you make progression point.

The best thing about that game is the dual sense controller implementation.... It's hard for me to want to even go back to try and play it. In general it's not really fun

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said this before: I don't care nothing about that back in the day shyt. I don't care what yall parents had to pay way back when. I'm not paying $70 and that's it. :unimpressed:
Good thing no one is holding a gun to your head to pay it then :unimpressed:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Threads like this is what indoctrination looks like. This is at the level of red state republicans voting against their own best interest because they're so indoctrinated to the republican party it's not even a thought process anymore. They're handed their beliefs by that party.
A $10 dollar increase in price and nikkas lose the plot completely :laff:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The length of a game doesn't matter to me unless it's way to short or unnecessarily long. The only reason I mention game length is because people are so stuck on it for some metric of getting your moneys worth.

Also there are a dozen other ratchet games out, people should know what to expect when it comes to game length.

Returnal is a game that's only long because you are expected to die and replay it over until you make progression point.

The best thing about that game is the dual sense controller implementation.... It's hard for me to want to even go back to try and play it. In general it's not really fun
Couldn't you say the same about any roguelike game? Or to an extent Souls games?

I mean you clearly don't like the game and that's fine but you not liking it is simply your opinion you're trying to pass of as some objective viewpoint.