Message to those whining about $70 Sony games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do realize that the only reason they not charging $70 is because there's no Series X exclusive out right? None of the upcoming games are exclusive to the Series X only.

You're like "Oh it's the usual suspect" yet the "usual suspect" charged $59.99 for Sackboy(a PS4/PS5 1st party) game. If they were charging $70 for every game then that wouldn't exist.

Guilt Gear Strive just came out and it's $60 on PS5/PS4 yet you're not pointing this out though.

I know Guilty Gear isn't 1st party yet it should've been $70 like other game though.
:jbhmm:

Yet... Microsoft only a few months ago dropped the Gold requirement for F2P games that everyone else wasn't charging for.
MSFT was the one that was going to release a console with a camera as a requirement for their platform and only reversed it due to backlash. Had MSFT not gotten any backlash for last gen and sold well you'd not be saying any of this because they'd be doing the same thing.

See above

You ranting

The usual suspect wasn't Sony initially. But they quickly and clearly let it be known they were charging 70 for 1st party titles...

Sony isn't dumb, they not gonna charge 70 for games like destruction all stars and sack boy. But returnal, they know they can clearly get off with that .. but go ahead and cook.

All this other stuff about what Microsoft might do and charge, at the end of the day. You can play their 1st party games for 15 bucks right now, so you have options.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ranting

The usual suspect wasn't Sony initially. But they quickly and clearly let it be known they were charging 70 for 1st party titles...

Sony isn't dumb, they not gonna charge 70 for games like destruction all stars and sack boy. But returnal, they know they can clearly get off with that .. but go ahead and cook.

All this other stuff about what Microsoft might do and charge, at the end of the day. You can play their 1st party games for 15 bucks right now, so you have options.
You clearly ignored the reasoning behind why they're not $70 but go on.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
$70 games are bullshyt:yeshrug:

That’s why I started renting again. Like I’d be mad as hell if I bought NBA 2K at $70 and still had to be subjected to that game’s bullshyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cross gen got it.

So will horizon and gow be 59 on ps5?
Worst case scenario is it's $70 on PS5 but $59.99 on PS4 with a free upgrade like they're doing for games like BF 2042 and others.

My point still stands though, you're banking hard on MSFT never charging $70 for their game when currently they have no reason to.

Either way you're gonna pivot to gamepass so it's no use in having this convo.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get the complaints tbh, just wait for a discount or buy that shyt used, I can't even remember the last full price game I bought.
Exactly, unlike Nintendo who never drops prices, PlayStation games eventually drop after just a few months.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Worst case scenario is it's $70 on PS5 but $59.99 on PS4 with a free upgrade like they're doing for games like BF 2042 and others.

My point still stands though, you're banking hard on MSFT never charging $70 for their game when currently they have no reason to.

Either way you're gonna pivot to gamepass so it's no use in having this convo.
Saying I'm going to pivot to Gamepass when you know gamepass is answer to not wanting to have to pay 70 bucks per 1st party game:unimpressed:

Anyway

I'm not saying MS or Nintendo won't charge 70 at some point. Especially now that it's proven people will pay it. I don't think as many companies would be willing to jump into the 70 dollar boat if not for Sony hard backing it.

Infact I expect 1st party games now to be 70 on Xbox since it's proven ok and it makes gamepass look that much more attractive.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saying I'm going to pivot to Gamepass when you know gamepass is answer to not wanting to have to pay 70 bucks per 1st party game:unimpressed:

Anyway

I'm not saying MS or Nintendo won't charge 70 at some point. Especially now that it's proven people will pay it. I don't think as many companies would be willing to jump into the 70 dollar boat if not for Sony hard backing it.

Infact I expect 1st party games now to be 70 on Xbox since it's proven ok and it makes gamepass look that much more attractive.
:rudy:
You don't think EA, Activision or other big publishers would want to jump into that? :heh:'

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I mean just wait for a game to go on sale and call it a day. lol. The shyt is a $10 gaming difference. Same way PS3/360 was a $10 gaming difference from the PS2/OG Xbox era. shyt Xbox 360 games was $49.99 at first and then they price jumped after Sony came out with PS3. Same way PS2/OG Xbox games was $10 difference from PS1/Sega Saturn games. Nintendo right now charging $59.99 for Switch games which take less money to make than AAA Sony and Xbox exclusives. When I see shyt like this I have to question how long some of y’all been gaming. It was dope to see them not raise the game prices from PS3/360 to PS4/Xbox One. But that wasn’t a normal thing.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
People act like you can't just wait 3-4 months for a sale
if $70 is that world breaking to you then that's the only choice you have :yeshrug: