Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
OliviaTwist said:
Why are some men so against other men getting married?

Because it lowers their chances of getting fukked in the ass and/or sucking another man's dikk.......

tumblr_mftp2tXtKO1s12w9vo1_400.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You think you're gonna get old with your boys? :russ:
Get a woman. A good one will do right by you.

The reason is because you love that woman and want to be with her. Its like having a female best friend that cooks, cleans and helps you nut, in house.

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: Why can't some of yall nikkas understand that he's not talking against being with one woman for the rest of your life, he just asking why you feel/felt the need to marry that woman? I think its a valid question. He's not asking why you chose to be with one woman; companionship is obvious :yeshrug: You can live together and do all the "husband/wife" things without being legally married

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
YaBoy said:
You can live together and do all the "husband/wife" things without being legally married

Sure, you can. The problem with that is you're not 'husband/wife'. You're just boyfriend/girlfriend/roommates. Basically play-acting or half-stepping. Neither of you can be secure in a relationship of that nature because there is a pre-existing, fundamental lack of trust.​

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Coping with Infidelity

Wifes affair
About a month ago I found our my wife was having an affair with one of my best mates. To my shock it had been going on for about 15 months. I have been devastated ever since. She is still here, we are going to counselling. She is not sure what she wants to do. Should she stay or go. I have never cried so much in my life. I am not really sure why she is still here. He ticks all the right boxes and they meetings were always exciting. I am stunned that such a good mate could do that to me. Including turning up to my house and drinking my beer, I helped him do up his kitchen and wire out his new shed. To be betrayed by them both is devastating beyond words. While I know the marriage was not perfect, although many of our friends thought we had the perfect relationship, I did not think it was that bad. She never mentioned or showed that she was not happy. His relationship was not good, and I had advised him to go to counselling... now I know why he did not. I feel like I am the toy mouse on the end of a stick for the cat to play with. Why wont my wife decide what she wants to do. What should I do. How do I cope

:troll:

lakinta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i aint married yet, but i did put a ring on it.

really, bullsh*t aside. for the women it is usually the realization of a life-long dream, to walk down the aisle and be given to her husband. in a sense, it is largely comforming with a societal construct inculcated in little girls from a young age.

but, for me, it is about staking a claim. nothing says yo woman is yo woman more than her carrying around your last name. that sounds very cynical, but of course to get to the stage where you want to stake a claim, you have to feel that you love that person -- that she's the one you envision and want your future with.

let us machistas live in peace :troll:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So... you're scared to die alone? I'm still trying to get an answer out of you people but so far I've gotten nothing but, "HURRR THEY WANTED TO" or "u r advancing an agenda!!!!!11!11!!!one"

:snoop:

what ive already posted...but you obviously havent comprehended:

also i never said you would be afraid to be alone at 40...i said you wont think the same way at 40 as you do at 20...theres a lot of living in that 20 years....but hey maybe as a college sophomore you'll be the same mentally as you would be when youre entering middle age ....

and i dont know you but i promise you...you know more people that have been married for 20 yrs than people that have been simply living together for 20 yrs...but this being the internet...ofcourse you'll be the anomaly

this is why i typically avoid these threads...cats misunderstand what you say and you spend 3 more posts having to clarify...what should have been plainly obvious

:snooze:

edit:

ive also answered why i got married....twice....go back and read it. AGAIN.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whenever we have these discussion the anti marriage crew cares so much about something they claim to hate I don't get that. Why don't y'all just admit y'all wish you could find that chick for you instead of faking like your so against something your always on the front lines to talk about. I would understand that moreso then saying you don't care about something but always talking about it. Your actions aint matching your words.

That's the funny thing about it. If you don't want to get married, then so be it. But I can tell you over 10 years of posting here and :hamster: a lot of these anti-marriage dudes have not experienced good, healthy relationships with a woman they're crazy about. If you had never been with a great woman, you'd question marriage yourself.

Marriage isn't for everyone. If you marry a bum bytch then you deserve whatever you get.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Some of y'all acting like ol' boy asking y'all to JUSTIFY getting married. OP just wanted to know your reasons for getting hitched. Damn :laff: why y'all so uptight, this is a forum

Not the OP, but people are asking others to justify why they got married. See below:

Why does that necessitate a marriage?

Why are people so pressed about why other people chose to get married? :what: