Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not anti-marriage I'm against people mindlessly doing it not realizing that in modern society marriage is more of a legal thing than anything. Marriage has its purposes but its not something that should be entertained for pressure from others or because your partner wants it just because or because its traditional.

Marriage is a binding legal contract with terms and agreements that basically merges assets and such. You don't sign a contract because she wants you to or because your parents want you to or even because your pastor wants it.

um ok, nothing you said was groundbreaking and you are stating the obvious, its ok man, let people get married for their reasons, how is it harming you

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
um ok, nothing you said was groundbreaking and you are stating the obvious, its ok man, let people get married for their reasons, how is it harming you
something doesn't have to directly effect you for you to be an advocate for or against it. i'm merely putting my viewpoint out there as someone did for me. if what i'm saying is so obvious then why do so many guys get married because they knocked her up? why do so many get married because she gave them a ultimatum? why do so many get married because they've been dating her for 5 years and i guess its just time to tie the knot?

the things i'm saying are only obvious logically. for many marriage is an emotional decision not a logical one.

concise

Veteran
Daps
whose credibility? some 20 yr old...who thinks hes profound...saying something that every other 20 yr old male says? this is almost a right of passage especially on this board.....

20 yr old coli male: man, i aint ever getting married...whats the use of one woman for life when i can smash 2-3 at a time for life?...married nikkas are lame....

etc...ad nauseum

look bruh...im almost 40...trust me...how you think at 20 will not be how you think at 40....

And what if I didn't subscribe to that thought at 20 :why: ... where do I wind up then?

I hope it will be a good place...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:comeon:

becuz what it comes down to basically is: 'i did it becuz i wanted to'....

thats how decisions are made in life...you can dress it up as 'i was in love'...'shes my soul mate'...etc whatever

but bottom line is no one forces you to get married...you do it becuz you want to...i dont know who you meant was being defensive...but nothing anyone can say on here would have me in any way upset...

and lets be real...this is a troll thread...dude already knows what reasons that people would use to get married...he just decided to be this weeks creator of the anti-marriage thread...

if hes been around 2 weeks...then hes definitely run across reincar and his stance on marriage....so yea...we see his game coming from a mile away...

its neither new or original
usually a marriage decision is far more complicated than "because i wanted to."

people don't usually wake up one day of sound mind and randomly decide to sign a binding legal contract that states they will remain in a relationship for the rest of their lives under penalty of dissolving it. this shyt ain't like i picked to wear the blue Jordans over the red ones today just cause i felt like it type of decision its a life altering one.

really there's no need for you to explain the decision at all. you gotta live with it not them. this whole i'm scared to be alone at 40 talk is ridiculous though. you're basically implying that the 20 something that says he's never getting married at 40 will feel differently. at 20 he understands that he never has to marry anybody. he can have a meaningful long lasting relationship with a woman for the rest of his life and never get married because marriage is not the relationship its a legal arrangement.

my ex girl's mother and father were together for 20 years until she died with no marriage.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
something doesn't have to directly effect you for you to be an advocate for or against it. i'm merely putting my viewpoint out there as someone did for me. if what i'm saying is so obvious then why do so many guys get married because they knocked her up? why do so many get married because she gave them a ultimatum? why do so many get married because they've been dating her for 5 years and i guess its just time to tie the knot?

the things i'm saying are only obvious logically. for many marriage is an emotional decision not a logical one.

for the same reason people willfully start smoking cigarettes when they know it causes cancer, makes your teeth yellow, and makes you smell, because they are idiots. If a man marries a woman because he knocked her up he is an idiot, nothing else to discuss

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Whenever we have these discussion the anti marriage crew cares so much about something they claim to hate I don't get that. Why don't y'all just admit y'all wish you could find that chick for you instead of faking like your so against something your always on the front lines to talk about. I would understand that moreso then saying you don't care about something but always talking about it. Your actions aint matching your words.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my ex girl's mother and father were together for 20 years until she died with no marriage.[/QUOTE]

So she never had a father? :troll:

I personally believe it all comes down to the concept that man and women need to joined together by some form of contract. Thousands of years of this will create a culture in which people believe that marriage is what you do when you love someone. That and religious reasons are why im going to get married :manny:

Odds are your probably going to get married in the next 5-8 years breh :troll:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm not anti-marriage I'm against people mindlessly doing it not realizing that in modern society marriage is more of a legal thing than anything. Marriage has its purposes but its not something that should be entertained for pressure from others or because your partner wants it just because or because its traditional.

Marriage is a binding legal contract with terms and agreements that basically merges assets and such. You don't sign a contract because she wants you to or because your parents want you to or even because your pastor wants it.

Youre assigning an unrealistically high level of importance to your acceptance of people's reasoning to marry.

I have always talked about how people have to look beyond the romance and marry for the right (IMO) reasons. I love my wife and there is romance in it, but its also an emotional + financial partnership w/open lines of communication. Shes one of the few people on this earth I trust with my life and thats been the case since very early in our time together. So that's why I got married. And I know that's the "right" answer for you. But if someone wants to get married on a whim, why not? If someone wants to get married to honor cultural traditions, why not? How does someone getting married for "the wrong reasons" affect you in any way? What stake do you have in the marriages of people you will never meet? I just take issue with the idea that you are some kind of authority for whom people's marriages have to meet some minimum requirements on. You are taking yourself way too seriously.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Whenever we have these discussion the anti marriage crew cares so much about something they claim to hate I don't get that. Why don't y'all just admit y'all wish you could find that chick for you instead of faking like your so against something your always on the front lines to talk about. I would understand that moreso then saying you don't care about something but always talking about it. Your actions aint matching your words.
I dont understand these nikkas. Its completely imbalanced. Nobody is interrogating anyone like "WHY WONT YALL GET MARRIED????????" These dudes claim marriage to be the devil + want nothing to do with it, but stay trying to get people to "explain themselves". nikkas need to get over themselves

Daps
Reppin
NULL
usually a marriage decision is far more complicated than "because i wanted to."

people don't usually wake up one day of sound mind and randomly decide to sign a binding legal contract that states they will remain in a relationship for the rest of their lives under penalty of dissolving it. this shyt ain't like i picked to wear the blue Jordans over the red ones today just cause i felt like it type of decision its a life altering one.

really there's no need for you to explain the decision at all. you gotta live with it not them. this whole i'm scared to be alone at 40 talk is ridiculous though. you're basically implying that the 20 something that says he's never getting married at 40 will feel differently. at 20 he understands that he never has to marry anybody. he can have a meaningful long lasting relationship with a woman for the rest of his life and never get married because marriage is not the relationship its a legal arrangement.

my ex girl's mother and father were together for 20 years until she died with no marriage.

sir where did i say i randomly woke up and decided to get married? but what all decisions come down is you deciding what you will or wont do....correct? :whew:

also i never said you would be afraid to be alone at 40...i said you wont think the same way at 40 as you do at 20...theres a lot of living in that 20 years....but hey maybe as a college sophomore you'll be the same mentally as you would be when youre entering middle age :pachaha:....

and i dont know you but i promise you...you know more people that have been married for 20 yrs than people that have been simply living together for 20 yrs...but this being the internet...ofcourse you'll be the anomaly :leostare:

this is why i typically avoid these threads...cats misunderstand what you say and you spend 3 more posts having to clarify...what should have been plainly obvious :pachaha:

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
i got my girl prego in college and joined the military. so i married her to take care of us. Dont get me wrong though :whoa: i was head-over-heels in love with her and still love her, and shes been an amazing wife and mom, but yea, i woulda waited til later to get married if it werent for the technicalities. :manny:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
whose credibility? some 20 yr old...who thinks hes profound...saying something that every other 20 yr old male says? this is almost a right of passage especially on this board.....

20 yr old coli male: man, i aint ever getting married...whats the use of one woman for life when i can smash 2-3 at a time for life?...married nikkas are lame....

etc...ad nauseum

look bruh...im almost 40...trust me...how you think at 20 will not be how you think at 40....

So... you're scared to die alone? I'm still trying to get an answer out of you people but so far I've gotten nothing but, "HURRR THEY WANTED TO" or "u r advancing an agenda!!!!!11!11!!!one"