Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Not the OP, but people are asking others to justify why they got married. See below:

Why are people so pressed about why other people chose to get married? :what:

:snoop: He was just asking a question, in a forum. I'm curious as to why people are extra defensive to the question.

It's not like, "For all the married people: Tell me why y'all made such a stupid decision. Marriage is dumb, blah blah blah."

All he asked was, why did you choose to make the decision to get married. No negative connotation, just a flat question :manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:snoop: He was just asking a question, in a forum. I'm curious as to why people are extra defensive to the question.

It's not like, "For all the married people: Tell me why y'all made such a stupid decision. Marriage is dumb, blah blah blah."

All he asked was, why did you choose to make the decision to get married. No negative connotation, just a flat question :manny:
The negative response isn't to the OP, its to the dudes w/long storied histories here of anti-marriage sentiments feigning the desire to have a discussion. What is there to discuss? They have already decided marriage is stupid and do not hesitate to say so. They are just looking to shame people and tell us what we already know. It's tiring.

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure, you can. The problem with that is you're not 'husband/wife'. You're just boyfriend/girlfriend/roommates. Basically play-acting or half-stepping. Neither of you can be secure in a relationship of that nature because there is a pre-existing, fundamental lack of trust.​

The only difference with marriage is the legal stuff (tax benefits, etc). Other than that husband/wife are just longterm committed boyfriend/girlfriend. And just because a couple is not married, that doesn't denote a lack of trust, it just denotes a lack of marriage. I'm sure married people trusted their spouses before they became married

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The negative response isn't to the OP, its to the dudes w/long storied histories here of anti-marriage sentiments feigning the desire to have a discussion. What is there to discuss? They have already decided marriage is stupid and do not hesitate to say so. They are just looking to shame people and tell us what we already know. It's tiring.

I'm sayin', the defensiveness came out right outta the gate to the OP, like he cursed marriage or something

Sounds like he was just curious about brehs that got married and the reasons they chose to do so, and then people came out wit the :huhldup::stopitslime: attitudes

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well I got married cause I just wanted to solidfy that part of my life, I found someone that I truly enjoyed being around at all times and has similar goals in life that I did. We both wanted the same things, to have a house, to travel, to have a family and to put our income together be a force. I also wanted her to feel confident I was there for the long haul because of my past I could see why she would be worried about that. There are other reasons as well, but it just feels good to know there is someone who has your back 100% and helps support you reaching your goals and vice versa...

Now we all know shyt could go bad tomorrow, but so far being married has been great for me the last two years..

Coming home to full course meal most evenings is great, I can go out and kick it with my potnas get faded knowing I got some fo sho box at home waiting for me :blessed:

Also there are bunch of benefits legally and tax wise....

I think its fair question though because just 4 years ago I probably would have been voted least likely to get married among my homeboys and I would ask this question too. And I honestly think that my potnas seeing me happy, married, and living nicely has somewhat insipred them to consider it as well..

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
lol @ the childish ass responses and lame as shaming tactics being used in here. The op obviously wanted to know "why" you wanted to get married, as in, the reason you to wanted to get married. True you don't have to give him an answer, but if you don't want to just say "I don't feel comfortable providing an answer/ I'm not sure" don't start berating him for asking questions on a forum thats actually meant for discussing relationships.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
lol @ the childish ass responses and lame as shaming tactics being used in here. The op obviously wanted to know "why" you wanted to get married, as in, the reason you to wanted to get married. True you don't have to give him an answer, but if you don't want to just say "I don't feel comfortable providing an answer/ I'm not sure" don't start berating him for asking questions on a forum thats actually meant for discussing relationships.
MFers are tired of having to defend life choices on here. I agree the OP meant no malice by his question and people initially got needlessly defensive. But that defense became legitimate when anti-marriage people started chiming in about how people's answers "weren't good enough". But you didnt see those posts

concise

Veteran
Daps
MFers are tired of having to defend life choices on here. I agree the OP meant no malice by his question and people initially got needlessly defensive. But that defense became legitimate when anti-marriage people started chiming in about how people's answers "weren't good enough". But you didnt see those posts

You know you could always ignore those posts.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps

And when the person answered him, he then asked why the man's reasons for getting married "necessitated" getting married...again requiring him to justify the reasons that he had already given. The man gave a response, what is the point of further probing while at the same time implying that his reasons were stupid because they didn't "necessitate" getting married?

Clearly they are trying to making a point out of this question because if not they would not have felt the need to have people to explain the "necessity" even when they gave a reason beyond "I wanted to."

BasketCase

Superstar
Daps
You think you're gonna get old with your boys? :russ:
Get a woman. A good one will do right by you.

The reason is because you love that woman and want to be with her. Its like having a female best friend that cooks, cleans and helps you nut, in house.

You can love her, be with her, and do all of those things without being married.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Clearly they are trying to making a point out of this question because if not they would not have felt the need to have people to explain the "necessity" even when they gave a reason beyond "I wanted to."

Maybe OP wanted a deeper understanding as to why marriage life was any different from a long term/non-marriage relationship.............Maybe :pachaha:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money

Don't defend them on here then. Even though folks were wrong for telling yall your answers to the ops question "isn't good enough", there is nothing wrong with people asking for the reason why yall wanted to get married, especially on a forum meant for discussing relationships.

What is stupid though is someone asking for "the reason" someone wanted to do something and the person responding with "because I wanted to", or posters complaining about other posters making enquires about marriage on a forum that was created for that very purpose. A lot of yall older cats came of as straight dumb and immature in this thread.