Men who got married, aside from religious grounds....

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why do anti-marriage people always demand an explanation for why people choose to get married, if its no skin off your back, fallback

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay then, we're back to square one, what made you want it? What about this contract made you want it so badly? What made it feel better?

:snoop:

it had nothing to do with a contract...

it had to do with us wanting to be joined together...period. the ceremony/reception/certificate had nothing to do with it...with how we feel about each other...it has to do with caring about someone as much or more than you care about yourself...and wanting to share your life with this person

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
because they wanted to:what:

why do pick drink soda, no real benefit to it, but lots of people drink it anyways:what:
people drink soda because sugar is addictive and it taste good to them.

marriage on the other hand is one of those brainless things many people do because it's what you're supposed to do according to society. its like going to college out of high school. you're supposed to do it so you do it. many people don't question it or look at it that deeply they just go along with the tide.

still others see marriage as some type of spiritual bond with a person they at the time have a positive relationship with.

in reality marriage is a binding legal contract you're supposed to make when its beneficial to you and your partner and you're sure it will work out. its supposed to be made for the legal benefits.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
because they wanted to:what:

why do pick drink soda, no real benefit to it, but lots of people drink it anyways:what:

We compliment one another.

We have had "hard times", come out of it stronger and, because of it, see a future together.

:yeshrug:

:skip:

i dont have to do shyt....

but for the sake of the thread: i married my wife becuz we compliment each other...we genuinely enjoy each others company....and i feel like we are better together than we are apart...

none of that is to say that its perfect...she does things to irritate me and im sure i irritate her...a relationship like this is work...so if youre not willing to work...dont get married :ld:

why do anti-marriage people always demand an explanation for why people choose to get married, if its no skin off your back, fallback

All of this :manny:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
:snoop:

it had nothing to do with a contract...

it had to do with us wanting to be joined together...period. the ceremony/reception/certificate had nothing to do with it...with how we feel about each other...it has to do with caring about someone as much or more than you care about yourself...and wanting to share your life with this person

And you need a marriage for that? I mean, if it's so easily dissolved anyway...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
If you're going to answer, might as well give a complete answer?
He did give a complete answer.... wanting to do something is a valid reason to do it

Why do people eat pork
Why do people ski
Why do people become priests

Just because you aren't satisfied with it doesn't make it invalid

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He did give a complete answer.... wanting to do something is a valid reason to do it

Why do people eat pork
Why do people ski
Why do people become priests

Just because you aren't satisfied with it doesn't make it invalid
because i wanted to is not an answer to the question why did you do it. the question why did you do it ask what was the reasoning behind your doing it.

its like if you ask dude why did they set off those bombs in Boston and he he answered because he wanted to he didn't really answer your question he dodged it. now if he said well my brother wanted to do it and i love my brother and i thought it would make him happy that's reasoning behind the decision.

i got married because i wanted to is obvious. the question asked is why you wanted to not did you want to.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
because i wanted to is not an answer to the question why did you do it. the question why did you do it ask what was the reasoning behind your doing it.

its like if you ask dude why did they set off those bombs in Boston and he he answered because he wanted to he didn't really answer your question he dodged it. now if he said well my brother wanted to do it and i love my brother and i thought it would make him happy that's reasoning behind the decision.

i got married because i wanted to is obvious. the question asked is why you wanted to not did you want to.
Sometimes thats the extent of the reasoning

Again just because its not an answer that satisfies you doesn't mean its not a valid answer

I already know where this game is going.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people drink soda because sugar is addictive and it taste good to them.

marriage on the other hand is one of those brainless things many people do because it's what you're supposed to do according to society. its like going to college out of high school. you're supposed to do it so you do it. many people don't question it or look at it that deeply they just go along with the tide.

still others see marriage as some type of spiritual bond with a person they at the time have a positive relationship with.

in reality marriage is a binding legal contract you're supposed to make when its beneficial to you and your partner and you're sure it will work out. its supposed to be made for the legal benefits.

ok, i could careless why people get married or why people do one thing or another, if its not harming my loved ones or I, have at it

its obvious you are anti-marriage, which is ok everyone has a right to their own opinion, but to demand that someone explain their reasoning to you is foolish

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sometimes thats the extent of the reasoning

Again just because its not an answer that satisfies you doesn't mean its not a valid answer

I already know where this game is going.
if that's the full extent of the reasoning then you're basically saying you gave it no thought and it was an impulsive decision.

if i ever got married it would be because i love my wife, i'm convinced she loves me, we're going to start a family and the laws favor us as a married couple in doing so. we can share health benefits, we can properly set up an inheritance for one or the other, we have hospital access and make decisions, it's beneficial on our taxes.

not that i'd ever do that but still.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
if that's the full extent of the reasoning then you're basically saying you gave it no thought and it was an impulsive decision.

if i ever got married it would be because i love my wife, i'm convinced she loves me, we're going to start a family and the laws favor us as a married couple in doing so. we can share health benefits, we can properly set up an inheritance for one or the other, we have hospital access and make decisions, it's beneficial on our taxes.

not that i'd ever do that but still.
That all sounds about right.

Why does anyone owe you an explanation though?