Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Because school teachers and social workers don't have advanced degrees?

There are a good number of reasons why men marry women. Not sure why you imply an advanced degreed woman cant provide companionship.
Yes they can have advanced degrees but I meant in the sense that most guys don't really care enough to know whether a preschool teacher has a bachelor or masters or phd...it's just oh she's a school teacher...cool, not "I'm sorry but my woman needs a masters before we can talk"
Yes, an advanced degree woman can provide companionship but I'm saying guys don't require their lifelong companions to have an advanced degree, it's nice but it's not a deal breaker.

ok in extreme examples we can see a beautiful woman marrying an old moron for his status n wealth but not a lot of people see young guys trying to marry old women for their status. Donald Trump vs Martha Stewart

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
It's only black men who talk like this. In terms of tangibles black men have the least to offer women due to unemployment lack of education general nikka mentality that isn't conducive to lasting marriages.

Why black men (the most divorced men in the USA) think they have gems to drop about anything is beyond me.
Actually tons of men of different races love traditional women. Not only black guys. Also black women have a unemployment rate that is 1% lower than that of black men so men 10-9% women 9-8% not exactly something to brag about. Black women have degrees but what are the majority in though? is it STEM? also lack of education doesn't necessarily mean they're not in a trade or own their own business. u don't have to have a phd to buy things cheap and sell them high.

I hate that it's now a black guys/black women thing....let go back to general narrative

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Yes they can have advanced degrees but I meant in the sense that most guys don't really care enough to know whether a preschool teacher has a bachelor or masters or phd...it's just oh she's a school teacher...cool, not "I'm sorry but my woman needs a masters before we can talk"
Yes, an advanced degree woman can provide companionship but I'm saying guys don't require their lifelong companions to have an advanced degree, it's nice but it's not a deal breaker.

ok in extreme examples we can see a beautiful woman marrying an old moron for his status n wealth but not a lot of people see young guys trying to marry old women for their status. Donald Trump vs Martha Stewart

Your assertion is not backed up by the evidence. A teacher is an educated person. So is a social worker. These people usually marry within their league. This idea that very wealthy men are marrying broke women with a heart of gold isn't true. That's the lie you tell yourselves and women to reduce their educational and professional qualifications because you can't compete and you want these women to lower their standards so bummy dudes can have a chance at them.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Your assertion is not backed up by the evidence. A teacher is an educated person. So is a social worker. These people usually marry within their league. This idea that very wealthy men are marrying broke women with a heart of gold isn't true. That's the lie you tell yourselves and women to reduce their educational and professional qualifications because you can't compete and you want these women to lower their standards so bummy dudes can have a chance at them.
lolwut.gif

I didn't say they're not educated. I meant guys don't think about whether they're advanced or not when it comes to dating to marry. It's more like a preschool teacher is not as stressed as a business exec trying to make good quarters in a fortune 500 company. Wealthy men often marry down. it's not a big deal. it generally happens. she may be in a position that's not hardcore broke but compared to him it's not noteworthy.

Lie? mmhmm no. Listen, no one has an issue with women pursuing higher edu. and prof. qualifications...that's great.

I'm saying if a guy's choice is between a media exec pulling ungodly hours trying to make it to the C-suite and a guidance counselor in a small school with decent pay and relatively quiet life, u can't blame the guy for leaning towards the counselor

Who said we're competing? sigh we're trying to marry, not brag about how better one side is to the other
Stop thinking men are the enemy/opponent that's not how dating works. I'm too busy trying to figure out if we have chemistry than wondering if she's better than me in chemistry...like pls stop

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
@Spectre @realdarkphoenix

A wealthy person can marry down and still marry a wealthy woman.

Men do care about the professional education of women if they are likewise professonal and educated. It's only prole men who don't because they are prole.

Sick of black men telling black woman that men don't care about their professional qualifications because you're feeling defensive and inadequate.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Spectre @realdarkphoenix

A wealthy person can marry down and still marry a wealthy woman.

Men do care about the professional education of women if they are likewise professonal and educated. It's only prole men who don't because they are prole.

Sick of black men telling black woman that men don't care about their professional qualifications because you're feeling defensive and inadequate.

Most people I know and hear about with real money, man or woman and that are in a successful marriage, married down... I know a couple of married couples (one is a elderly man who owns a lumber service here), wife worked at a bakery for 6 years and now she owns that bakery because of him. Another owns two dealerships and his wife works at target part time. (they both bank where I work at)

I also have examples in my family, and why they aren't rich they aren't broke either. Every single one of them "married down" and either came up together or is living happily ever after.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
I feel like that would suck. They won't ever have shyt new to talk about unless it's prolly some celebrity garbage.

^^^my wife has stayed home now for 3 yrs with our son and now our daughter also. She is constantly associating with other adults. They have mom groups like 4 days a week.

And when you come home you will be hounded by them as if you're the only person on the planet.
Ask me how I know...go ahead!!
Okay...my wife did it for almost 8 years!!
I hated coming home because she'd be on me like white on rice asking me to tell her everything about the outside world.

If you have any sense at all...MAKE YOUR WIFE WORK!!!!!
That "Stay at home" bullshyt only makes them crazier or makes them cheat on you.
But...if you a jody ass nikka...have at it.
:yeshrug:

Yeah I get ur point of view I guess I'm just lucky. Wife isn't on me at all when I get home. My KIDs are beca use they've been with her all day and want Daddy but I LOVE that the first thing at the door is my son running up to me hugging me wanting to play.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Most people I know and hear about with real money, man or woman and that are in a successful marriage, married down... I know a couple of married couples (one is a elderly man who owns a lumber service here), wife worked at a bakery for 6 years and now she owns that bakery because of him. Another owns two dealerships and his wife works at target part time. (they both bank where I work at)

I also have examples in my family, and why they aren't rich they aren't broke either. Every single one of them "married down" and either came up together or is living happily ever after.

Define marrying down?

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I just mean they dont marry someone that is on the same level as them when it comes to money, or educational background. Nothing negative about it, but the person they married aren't necessarily established as them.

Sorry but when you Argue that a CEO making millions a year is marrying a grocery store clerk im telling you you are wrong and it is backed up by the data. That CEO that makes millions a year can marry a debutante from a very wealthy family or a diplomat but the likelihood of him walking into hooters and marrying a waitress is a po nikkas fantasy. Which ironically explains why he po to begin with.

@Spectre

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Nope.....and I don't get why would anyone take issue with a man saying nah to this. Can one of you ladies explain if this was to start a fight? or were you just curious?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm not marrying this far down for a female. We wouldn't be on the same wavelength.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry but when you Argue that a CEO making millions a year is marrying a grocery store clerk im telling you you are wrong and it isn't backed up by the data. That CEO that makes millions a year can marry a debutante from a very wealthy family or a diplomat but the likelihood of him walking into hooters and marrying a waitress is a po nikkas fantasy. Which ironically explains why he po to begin with.

@Spectre

ok if we just going to look at extreme's I guess so. I never said a CEO of a wealthy company is gonna marry a stroe clerk ( although I dont think its far fetched) But that same CEO might marry there secretary or sale rep. All that is still marrying down.

Over all though, most people with money marry down. Its really no way around that. At a certain level lets just say 6 figures, SOMEONE is marrying down, its very unlikely you gonna run into another 6 figure person that makes round about as much as you. Either they probably make a good bit more and they are marrying down at that point or they make a good bit less.

Education is probably more varied, but money wise ... someone is always marrying down for the most part.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
^^^my wife has stayed home now for 3 yrs with our son and now our daughter also. She is constantly associating with other adults. They have mom groups like 4 days a week.

Yeah I get ur point of view I guess I'm just lucky. Wife isn't on me at all when I get home. My KIDs are beca use they've been with her all day and want Daddy but I LOVE that the first thing at the door is my son running up to me hugging me wanting to play.
That's wonderful man...happy to hear that.
:salute: