Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
ok if we just going to look at extreme's I guess so. I never said a CEO of a wealthy company is gonna marry a stroe clerk ( although I dont think its far fetched) But that same CEO might marry there secretary or sale rep. All that is still marrying down.

Over all though, most people with money marry down. Its really no way around that. At a certain level lets just say 6 figures, SOMEONE is marrying down, its very unlikely you gonna run into another 6 figure person that makes round about as much as you. Either they probably make a good bit more and they are marrying down at that point or they make a good bit less.

Education is probably more varied, but money wise ... someone is always marrying down for the most part.

You're being obtuse. If I marry someone who makes 3,000 less than me and has a BA while I have an MA I'm marrying down but we still within the same peer group. With my MA if I marry a high school drop out who works odd jobs that's marrying down. You need to get real if you think people are marrying out of their social circle. You been watching too many Disney films or Pretty woman.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're being obtuse. If I marry someone who makes 3,000 less than me and has a BA while I have an MA I'm marrying down but we still within the same peer group. With my MA if I marry a high school drop out who works odd jobs that's marrying down. You need to get real if you think people are marrying out of their social circle. You been watching too many Disney films or Pretty woman.
And your being extreme What if you marry someone that makes 10k less than you with no college degree? Is that a big enough gap?

But you know what, please school me old wise one, I've only grew up around those situations. Have examples and see people that come into my place of work all the time that literally have married way down... but ok.

People dont marry outside of there social circles, can't get mad at rich black men for marrying white women since that's what the majority of there social circle will be I guess.:yeshrug:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
And your being extreme What if you marry someone that makes 10k less than you with no college degree? Is that a big enough gap?

But you know what, please school me old wise one, I've only grew up around those situations. Have examples and see people that come into my place of work all the time that literally have married way down... but ok.

People dont marry outside of there social circles, can't get mad at rich black men for marrying white women since that's what the majority of there social circle will be I guess.:yeshrug:

Sorry fam, I'm going to have to take her side on this one. It's more than just money when people marry down this significantly. It's also culture as well. College changes you fam, it exposes you to different ideas and world views. The ability to travel abroad is also life changing , you also build better connections ( Alumni groups, Social Clubs etc). It maybe hard for me to put in context; but there's differences between college educated people and people who aren't. I'll be the first to admit that college changed my mind process. I think the cultural differences are just as significant as the financial differences.

Last edited:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
I wish I didn't reply cuz now it's like this
51049df4afa96f640e000826.gif

so now I'm like
im-done-talking-to-you.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sorry fam, I'm going to have to take her side on this one. It's more than just money when people marry down this significantly. It's also culture as well. College changes you fam, it exposes you different ideas and world views. The ability to travel abroad is also life changing as well. You build better connections ( Alumni groups, Social Clubs etc). It maybe hard for me to put in context; but there's differences between college educated people and people who arent. I'll be the first to admit college changed my mind process. I think the cultural differences are just as significant as the financial differences.

All that is great, I'm just saying none of it mean a damn thing when you catch feelings, and for most men if a chick is cute and bad...If she's a good person and not a air head its really not going to matter if she made it out of college, highschool, or has a M.A, or if they are ballin or living check to check.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
You're not a man. Stop trying to argue with us about what men do. I see men all the time with good jobs who married down. Id take a teacher 9 times out of 10 over the career minded women who's a lawyer or whatever. Her degrees don't matter that much to me. As long as she has a job that brings some income in, we good. But I don't need Oprah. I want a traditional wife who'd make a good mother. Not a business partner. And CEOs marry interns and assistants all the time.

I'm not arguing about what men do. You are. You can easily research the academic and professional strata of married couples. You're basing your shyt of off anecdotes and I'm telling you the data points to people marrying within their social circle.

Your own biases are showing when you insinuate a woman is not desirable the more education she has. You don't even know the woman. Face it. Your defensive because of your own inadequacy.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
All that is great, I'm just saying none of it mean a damn thing when you catch feelings, and for most men if a chick is cute and bad...If she's a good person and not a air head its really not going to matter if she made it out of college, highschool, or has a M.A, or if they are ballin or living check to check.

I respect your views; but what you're talking is not good for the long term. You really don't think the educational gap won't matter? You don't think that financial differences won't matter? I'm just gonna disagree!

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're not a man. Stop trying to argue with us about what men do. I see men all the time with good jobs who married down. Id take a teacher 9 times out of 10 over the career minded women who's a lawyer or whatever. Her degrees don't matter that much to me. As long as she has a job that brings some income in, we good. But I don't need Oprah. I want a traditional wife who'd make a good mother. Not a business partner. And CEOs marry interns and assistants all the time.
This sounds like a broke nikka mindset.
But I'll give you a pass.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Bleh...these females just don't want to get it...stop wasting your time fellas.
Personally, I had the choice of dating a retail female or a lawyer female back when I was single...

1. The lawyer female had mad money and a car and a house and all that, but she couldn't cook, ate out 3x a day or more, never had free time for doing things together, never exercised and was skinny-fat (eugh...gross), no real life outside of work and church, no goals but the career ladder, no real future planning for a relationship or even meaningful friendships....that definitely wasn't what I wanted to build a relationship with!!

2. The retail female made less than 18 an hour, had a car and a studio apartment, could cook her tail off because she didn't have money to eat out 3x a day, worked long hours but still made time for a life with church, friends and family, Hadn't finished college but had a plan to one day, wasn't happy with her job but committed herself to it and did the best she could. overall a good hearted person. This....I could work with!!

The point is that I'm a well set guy with a great career, 2 cars and a house and even with all my education, money and experience, I'd choose female #2 80 times in a row. The lawyer may have money and education and material posessions, but she lacked EVERYTHING that makes a relationship of any kind work!
And that is what men want!
They want WOMEN....not duplicates of themselves with a vagina!
9 times out of 10....a man will choose a traditional woman over todays dysfunctional feminazi females. (There's always that one submissive-male...)

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
she would have to be super bad, then I would move her in with me and my girl. she would have slave duty until she was promoted.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa

31, yes, yes

Short answer is no.

Not unless we some how crossed paths outside of work and realized we had a lot in common.

But if I holla at a cashier thats 30+ its with the inititial intention of casual dating