Men of the coli who are 30+ & established,would you date (to marry) a woman who is 30+ & ...?

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
One of my friends who is a electrical engineer is getting married to a CNA next month. He makes $80,000 a year and she makes like $10-$12 an hour so yes men do "marry down."
We already knew this.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
Women think guys should think like women. We don't.
Women are trying to become their ideal partner in order to attract that guy. They think guys should think the same. Generally We don't.

I think they're getting frustrated that guys have no issue marrying down.

I have seen CEOs and renowned surgeons fall in love with school teachers and social workers. When men think of marriage they think of a wife that makes their life easier/feel better. U don't need to have a masters/phd or be earning six figures to be a good wife.

When a female lawyer/business exec sees her counterparts dating down, it's a bit frustrating. So they say ugh men have such a big ego they can't handle a smart woman because it would make them feel dumb/emasculated which is not the case

Yes they can have advanced degrees but I meant in the sense that most guys don't really care enough to know whether a preschool teacher has a bachelor or masters or phd...it's just oh she's a school teacher...cool, not "I'm sorry but my woman needs a masters before we can talk"
Yes, an advanced degree woman can provide companionship but I'm saying guys don't require their lifelong companions to have an advanced degree, it's nice but it's not a deal breaker.

ok in extreme examples we can see a beautiful woman marrying an old moron for his status n wealth but not a lot of people see young guys trying to marry old women for their status. Donald Trump vs Martha Stewart

& that is false. Men marry down all of the time. Everyone knows this. Teachers & social workers usually have some type of degree or certifications. Those people are not the same as a 30+ year old woman who has never moved out of her parents house, doesn't have a degree, isn't going to get one, and works at walmart or target. They are not the same at all, so you can stop pretending they are.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
& that is false. Men marry down all of the time. Everyone knows this. Teachers & social workers usually have some type of degree or certifications. Those people are not the same as a 30+ year old woman who has never moved out of her parents house, doesn't have a degree, isn't going to get one, and works at walmart or target. They are not the same at all, so you can stop pretending they are.
So ur saying would guys date women who suck at life by society's standards? ok fine. I find it telling that, even with these variables, guys in this thread are still trying to come up with a reason why to give her a chance instead of shutting her down...telling

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Most people I know and hear about with real money, man or woman and that are in a successful marriage, married down... I know a couple of married couples (one is a elderly man who owns a lumber service here), wife worked at a bakery for 6 years and now she owns that bakery because of him. Another owns two dealerships and his wife works at target part time. (they both bank where I work at)

I also have examples in my family, and why they aren't rich they aren't broke either. Every single one of them "married down" and either came up together or is living happily ever after.

Sorry fam, I'm going to have to take her side on this one. It's more than just money when people marry down this significantly. It's also culture as well. College changes you fam, it exposes you different ideas and world views. The ability to travel abroad is also life changing as well. You build better connections ( Alumni groups, Social Clubs etc). It maybe hard for me to put in context; but there's differences between college educated people and people who arent. I'll be the first to admit college changed my mind process. I think the cultural differences are just as significant as the financial differences.

:patrice: i dont know about that.. and that's why i usually hate when people try to eyeball what they think/see vs. actual facts

according to the latest census.. 30% of women who are married, don't even work... i'm going to go ahead and consider that, down

now yes the majority do work... but still... women don't make what men make, so even then, it's not really gonna be equal

on the flip side, more women are getting degrees than men... so soon that will change too

i do agree with dude... 30% of america makes over 60k a year.... it's hard to imagine they are all mostly married to each other

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-01%20at%206.58.53%20AM.png

and if we go off this.... degree wise.... woman are actually the ones marrying down more in all races.. so again... being on equal levels is still not the majority

9uiVGbwoK4iquUJdRSY-tYPC2MzvNKPLn0gyLHFpH_gGwpQUtmdmUMJi9dgQfl3WYn-w6dY1FZnxVAEWuBa_e4ceb3_PqcltIo2Dhjri8zYgX-KpBrIEXTojJ5a8hUtNcoF1YSg

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
So ur saying would guys date women who suck at life by society's standards? ok fine. I find it telling that, even with these variables, guys in this thread are still trying to come up with a reason why to give her a chance instead of shutting her down...telling

Majority of the men in here do not fit the 30+ and established and that is why they are doing that. Most of the guys in here are probably just like that girl.

Most people would not want to date to marry an old person who still lives at home with their parents, works at walmart, and has no degree or plans to change their situation unless they are in the same situation.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would you date a woman who is 30+ and works as a retail associate?

What about fast food, and those other little dead end jobs?

*She has no degree
*She lives with her parents

I know that majority of women would say no unless they are in the same position.

Came back to add, state your age, if you have a degree, and if you have a career.

& No, I'm not talking about fcking, I'm talking about dating, looking for a wife and mother of your children.

IF YOU ARE NOT AN ESTABLISHED 30+, WITH A DEGREE & A CAREER, THEN DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. THANKS :queen:

This thread was inspired by a thread from another site. lsa

Yes i would

I love saving em :banderas:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
Majority of the men in here do not fit the 30+ and established and that is why they are doing that. Most of the guys in here are probably just like that girl.

Most people would not want to date to marry an old person who still lives at home with their parents, works at walmart, and has no degree or plans to change their situation unless they are in the same situation.
so then why make a thread?....to prove bias?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
giphy.gif

Retail :stopitslime: ... I need someone who has been to college at least ... women who aren't book smart bore me ... plus I'm bougie :troll:so it's not a good look tbh

Now all that applies to marriage .. I'll smash a slow witted dime any day

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just turned 36 and run my own business with my brother with 36 employees (just fired someone) ..... business is good ....

back in my 20s when I graduated after walking out on the only job Ive had since then I became a serious scammer/fraudster at the time my wifey was a lawyer, she knew what I was up to, while she was not happy with my career choice she was happy to be with me

.... some of the dumbest people I have ever met have degrees, some of the smartest never even finished high school, education believe it or not is no indicator of intelligence

To sum up if I liked her then her circumstances wouldnt bother me, I choose people based on who I like not their circumstances.... Nigerians have a saying "no condition is permanent" ......