Meek Mill tells black women to get rid of their wigs/fake hair in 2019

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
"Men in here" is a large group of people. Some like it, some don't. Some grow up and change their minds. Some are just hypocrites that you can rightfully call out.
Doesn't really take away from the core point tho. There's a larger problem at hand.

I personally don't loathe them on an individual basis. I loathe the larger impact it has had on us. I loathe that we can't even talk about it.

My girl once told me how much damage getting her hair done was doing to her scalp. I told her to wear it natural then. She immediately went into "I do this for you!" and "the white people at work won't understand!". After the back and forth I finally convinced her that she can still look good without it and the white people at work don't care. She now wears it natural and looks good. And occasionally she gets it done up (just like every other race) and still looks good.

I'm sure it'll look good.

Again, it's hard to find them to begin with since so many of them are wearing weave (as if that's the deal breaker for most men). I wish I could find more. Damn, I could probably find attractive bald chicks more easily.

Thank you! I agree with you, it is an issue, and we all know where it stems from, at this point I feel Iike gentle encouragement, and praise for those that are is needed. For the record I see tons of natural bw daily. So much so that, my straight hair seems like a rare thing lol. I see weave too, but if I were being honest here in Charlotte I see the same amount of women natural as I do in weave.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
It’s how you guys are saying it, that’s the issue. But I digress, if you feel like I’m being passive aggressive I’m not sure how else I can convey my point to you.

I love bm, only men I fukk with, and I’ve talked with the bm I’ve dated about this topic many times. My son is also going to one day grow up into a bm, so I’d hope that he wouldn’t believe I have disdain when it’s the last thing I could ever have for BM, I love y’all.

But okay, I guess we’re just going in circles.
The bold is what I think is disingenuous because it’s obvious it doesn’t matter how we say it, y’all are going to take offense regardless. Look at how you’re reacting to Meek when he wasn’t disrespectful and didn’t even single out black women. He just made a general comment about wanting to see women wearing wigs less.

Everybody acknowledges that the black women’s hair thing is an issue but we can’t even begin to have conversations about it because anytime black men are the least bit critical of black women in any way we are immediately shamed as misogynistic women haters and bullied to be quiet. I think that’s what you’re doing here in this thread.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
It looks dumb and borderline :mjpls:for dudes to lecture Black Women about weaves and wigs in 2018 as if there isn’t a full blown natural hair movement that Black Women been leading on their own accord for a minute now.

Not to mention we as Black men have not had the same kind of societal pressures in regards to natural hair that our women have had.

Let the women sort that kind of thing out amongst themselves, let us guide and support when needed.

And let the church say amen

What’s wrong wit what he said?

Nothing.

He’s a black man so him encouraging natural hair is a good thing imo.

A good thing it is. However, there are many women that won’t wear their natural hair out because of various of reasons. Anyone can speculate as to why like self hate but sometimes it not the case

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Damn! Bring it on home!
How is a group of men, who are jokingly known for being self haters and openly rejecting black beauty aesthetics...gon neck yap at blk women for trying to conform to beauty aesthetics they literally see their men chasing.
#icantmakethisshytup

The shyt is absurdity. Meek Mill was with Nikki Minaj, NOT Ari Lennox.

nicki-minaj-1-20001.jpg
2017-mtv-video-music-awards_5799993.jpg

Ari+Lennox+Press+2.jpg

Lmao! This shyt is so laughable. These dudes don't want blk women. They want racially ambiguous women that they have been socially conditioned into desiring but that sounds bad and embarrassing so they use excuses and find shyt to complain about with blk women.
Same dudes will ignore Kim Kardashian with a body made in China, will ignore white chick genjutsu from Botox and hair extensions to nose jobs, lip job, ass shots, and more which makes a trillion dollar industry...

BUT will find a way to act shocked and appalled over a black woman with a weave even as they trip over themselves to get to chicks with those aesthetics. Until they deal with their self-hate, they can't come for blk women--especially ignoring the millions of blk women who ARE natural in SPITE of our blk men telling us both implicitly and EXPLICITLY what is beautiful.

Hell I think Snoop's hair was the kinkiest texture in that whole video :pachaha:

"I just want you to know that you are really special...":deadmanny:
shyt is low-key hilarious.

:Lawdhavemercy:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
a lot of dudes think women don’t wear their natural hair & wigs lol... lot of women i know do box braids, wigs, weaves and have long hair. or switch between natural hair and wearing wigs for a while.

some women might wear fake hair because they’re insecure about their natural hair. some might just do it because they want a new color or style and don’t wanna mess their hair up. if you don’t know the woman personally you’ll never know why she wears them.

so it’s just kind of tired discussion at this point.

Exactly

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Because men in here have said they hate hair hats, don’t find it attractive(some even said they found it repulsive) and they said they like women with natural hair. Yet, I’m seeing thread after thread of women with the hair hats that coli men loathe and find embarrassing.

I know there are women on Instagram with natural fro hair, I want to see more of those, since so many of you guys claim that’s what the average bm prefers, that’s all.

Now me? I’m going to keep getting my keratin treatment and running my flat iron through my hair every two weeks. And I’m planning in getting box braids in a month, and this summer some faux locks. I might even get me a weave for a wedding I’m going to in April. I’m going to continue doing what I want with my hair. And no man I’ve dealt with has ever gave a fukk. But apparently it’s important to bm on the coli, so it would be nice to see it reflected more on here. You guys can start posting more women with natural kinky hair. :feedme: I’d like to see them posted more.
Sorry to derail.
How many times a year do you put keratin in ur hair? How long have you been doing it and do you notice any breakage/thinning of your hair? Also are you a straight hair natural? If so, does ur hair still revert or is it pretty much looser cause of all the heat?
I did a few treatments a myself this year, only got it professionally once and that was a while ago. Only problem is I’m still so scared to put super hot heat on my hair so my hair doesn’t come out as straight as I would like. I have very fine hair so it’s hard for me to put my flat iron pass 380.
Your answers are greatly appreciated and you can pm me of you don’t want to answer in this thread.
Thanks

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does it really matter to be honest? My wife hair is down her shoulders and she wears wigs cause it's time consuming to actually maintain it and if the weather changes poof its fukked up. Plus it adds protection sometimes. If that's his preference fine cool but telling all women to not do that shyt is basura

shyt if a chick looks good with the wig do whatver makes you feel good

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Sorry to derail.
How many times a year do you put keratin in ur hair? How long have you been doing it and do you notice any breakage/thinning of your hair? Also are you a straight hair natural? If so, does ur hair still revert or is it pretty much looser cause of all the heat?
I did a few treatments a myself this year, only got it professionally once and that was a while ago. Only problem is I’m still so scared to put super hot heat on my hair so my hair doesn’t come out as straight as I would like. I have very fine hair so it’s hard for me to put my flat iron pass 380.
Your answers are greatly appreciated and you can pm me of you don’t want to answer in this thread.
Thanks

No problem!

I’ve been doing this since 2016! As far as breakage goes—not anymore than the breakage I experienced without it tbh. My hair has grown wonderfully imo.

But my hair responds well to heat. I do have a friend that did not do well with this treatment, and I think it’s because her hair can’t handle too much heat.

And yes I am a straight hair natural. My hair does not revert back to its natural curl anymore, unfortunately. In the beginning it did, but I think from putting heat on it as much as I have, that obviously changed. I think it’s less from the keratin treatment and more from putting heat on it btw.

I put heat on my hair every other week when I go to the salon for a wash and condition. And she does use high heat.

The system my stylist uses is naked assuage and I get it done about 2 to 3 times a year. The more you do it, imo, the better the results. My hair is heat damaged though, if I wanted to wear my hair in its natural curl at this point I would have to do a big chop—but before I even got the treatment I had already began the process of doing biweekly heat sessions at the salon.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phoenix Skye LAWWWDDDD!

Beautiful but she isn’t wearing her natural hair.

Salute this dedicated solider fighting tooth in nail to give her money to koreans for horse hair to tie into her scalp. Our sisters outchea fighting the battles that matter.

Dont worry, in spite of all the men saying they dont like weave, they'll still be here to placate you when you blame black men and white beauty standards for all this shyt nobody asked for.