Medical racism may explain why blacks avoided the opioid crisis

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
You just proved my point.
Not really cuz its not 4 the reasons u stated...then 2 i didn't read the entire op..i quit reading after that 1st picture of the textbook lol i was like thats some bs even tho its partly true about blacks having a higher threshold for pain.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
My point is its not that type of medical racism its a different type that was not stated in the op *sigh*

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
But again, that comes down to access.

You can't just get PILLS on the streets like that. You have to have access to them via an initial introduction from a physician then you had to be there during the hey day of the pain clinics. And whites predominated those prescriptions.

Can't use what you don't know about.

That just proves my point.

if you want to talk about "ways of getting high" then I can't really rock with that. Culture alone can't explain this.

Drugs get used by everyone. Just like when we talk about the marijuana incarceration discrepancy.
:mjlol: yeah you can sanjay... The streets have access to anything :gucci:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Theres no evidence to even support your highlighted claim unless you think black people are intrinsically isolated from the effects of addiction and we have way too many examples showing otherwise.

This veers into some weird "black supremacy" bullshyt and some undermined attempt at you trying to say "well white people are weak because they're white"

Dont do that. If you're going to have this debate you have to rise above simple shyt like that. If we're going to talk about white supremacy, lets do that using the data we can actually substantiate.

Being lazy with your arguments is why yall dont win these arguments.

You do realize the examples you are bringing up like the crack epidemic are one of the reasons we would be less likely to go down the path of addiction right? That very example can be used to say we would not go down that path again. We have already beaten our own opiod crisis,without half of the care and treatment options these cacs are recieving,I guess plenty of jail time helped:martin:.

By your logic we would still be going through the epidemic since crack isn't hard to get. We live and we learned.

Plus not only that,but let me just point this out. So many people being effected by the crack epidemic doesn't mean that it was that many of us who were dependent on it. Just because the media would have made you believe we were all fiends. Many were selling,many were effected by the violence,many tried it but weren't fiends. It effected the community as a whole because we were so isolated among each other in the inner city.

I was a kid back then,so I cant say,just throwing that out there:hubie:.

I do believe inherently we are less likely to be dependent on drugs as a people,studies have actually shown this. I'm not big on studies,but this is the conclusion I have come to on my own. You seem to be okay ignoring the many factors that go into someone being dependent on drugs. As well as ignoring the difference in abuse and dependence. Dependence is the reason the opiod crisis is a crisis,not abuse.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You do realize the examples you are bringing up like the crack epidemic are one of the reasons we would be less likely to go down the path of addiction right? That very example can be used to say we would not go down that path again. We have already beaten our own opiod crisis,without half of the care and treatment options these cacs are recieving,I guess plenty of jail time helped:martin:.

By your logic we would still be going through the epidemic since crack isn't hard to get. We live and we learned.

Plus not only that,but let me just point this out. So many people being effected by the crack epidemic doesn't mean that it was that many of us who were dependent on it. Just because the media would have made you believe we were all fiends. Many were selling,many were effected by the violence,many tried it but weren't fiends. It effected the community as a whole because we were so isolated among each other in the inner city.

I was a kid back then,so I cant say,just throwing that out there:hubie:.
None of what you're saying makes any sense.

People were getting strung out on heroin for over 100 years.

People DO NOT learn.

There were two opium wars in the 19th century. Dont act like people just "stop doing drugs"

black people aren't immune from this.

I'm talking about the CURRENT period of an epidemic we're in.

Hell, you might even say blacks are more likely to consume liquid codeine but because its not as strong you dont see the overt risks of addiction i.e. death, like you do with stronger other drugs.

If people are presently unable to get pills, which are themselves the biggest factor in the modern opioid epidemic, then it stands to consider how much medical racism plays a role in this.

I do believe inherently we are less likely to be dependent on drugs as a people,studies have actually shown this. I'm not big on studies,but this is the conclusion I have come to on my own. You seem to be okay ignoring the many factors that go into someone being dependent on drugs. As well as ignoring the difference in abuse and dependence. Dependence is the reason the opiod crisis is a crisis,not abuse.
:gucci:
Man what the fück?

Dude. You just admitted to making shït up. :camby:

Get the ENTIRE fu¢k outta here :laff:

What the fu¢k is wrong with you? You should be slapped for this shyt.

Thanks for wasting my time with your bullshyt. I dont' give a flying fukk about feelings. Post the data or bounce. I'm a black man in the sciences too many of us are too prone to emotional bullshyt and then wonder why the wool always gets pulled over our eyes.

Stop thinking with your gut and being lazy about nuanced topics.

This is fukking embarrassing. I legit hate you for even making me think you were acting in good faith here.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mjlol:

But the premise of this thread has some logic too it... :manny:
Again, whites get these pills more than black people.

Now, if we're talking about illegal resale, then fine.

But this isn't MDMA.

Its hard to get these pills. Harder than damn near any other type of drug without a prescription

Benefited

Banned
Daps
None of what you're saying makes any sense.

People were getting strung out on heroin for over 100 years.

People DO NOT learn.

There were two opium wars in the 19th century. Dont act like people just "stop doing drugs"

black people aren't immune from this.

I'm talking about the CURRENT period of an epidemic we're in.

Hell, you might even say blacks are more likely to consume liquid codeine but because its not as strong you dont see the overt risks of addiction i.e. death, like you do with stronger other drugs.

If people are presently unable to get pills, which are themselves the biggest factor in the modern opioid epidemic, then it stands to consider how much medical racism plays a role in this.

:gucci:
Man what the fück?

Dude. You just admitted to making shït up. :camby:

Get the ENTIRE fu¢k outta here :laff:

What the fu¢k is wrong with you? You should be slapped for this shyt.

Thanks for wasting my time with your bullshyt. I dont' give a flying fukk about feelings. Post the data or bounce. I'm a black man in the sciences too many of us are too prone to emotional bullshyt and then wonder why the wool always gets pulled over our eyes.

Stop thinking with your gut and being lazy about nuanced topics.

This is fukking embarrassing. I legit hate you for even making me think you were acting in good faith here.

Study: Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks | TIME.com

Since your puppet ass loves these studies apparently:martin:

You sound very naive in that you think its that difficult to get the shyt,enough black people have been prescribed pills,or took somebody elses prescribed pills due to pain to know whether or not it was our "thing". Common sense would tell you that if it was our thing,then access wouldn't be a problem:comeon:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Study: Whites More Likely to Abuse Drugs Than Blacks | TIME.com

You sound very naive in that you think its that difficult to get the shyt,enough black people have had been prescribed pills,took somebody elses prescribed pills due to pain to know whether or not it was our "thing". Common sense would tell you that if it was our thing,then access wouldn't be a problem:comeon:
fukk outta here you dumbass. Posting Time Magazine articles. fukking layman herb.

If you're going to get illegal drugs, thats one thing.

But the initial access to painkillers is the root cause on the path to abuse.

Blacks have less initial access to painkillers. End of story.

You dont even know what you're arguing and you already said you're not intelligent enough to read studies, so get the fukk out of my thread.