Medical racism may explain why blacks avoided the opioid crisis

killacal

Banned
Daps
OK, don't do this. Because this isn't true. Theres no evidence behind it. It has roots in the most racist episodes in medical science history going back to slaves being used as research subjects

Peep this for examples:

BN-AX888_bkrvEb_GV_20131230145122.jpg
Idk about your ganges river DNA :mjlol:but I'm 100 percent certain we can handle pain better :stopitslime:

That's physical and mental :usure:
Check our suicide rates:mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the 60s and 70s disagree.

Can't do all this "equality" talk then act like we're biologically special above and beyond melanin.

Its very possible that limited access to pills in the first place is the root cause of the vast discrepancy.

The 60's and 70's are a different time compared to now. When I think heroin and opioids I think white people... I don't think black people like they used to do it back in their heyday...

But it could be limited amount of pills in the black neighborhoods that you not seeing it... could be or maybe...

Black people are content with getting high on just weed... :heh: I notice everytime a white person gets high it's always some crazy ass drugs... like damn muthafukkas just wanted weed, these dudes snorting cocaine like it's nothing...:heh:

Also it's true there is a medical bias within the medical community with our tolerance for pain bullshyt... Like I said we don't need pills to get high... white drug users always chasing that bigger high. :yeshrug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The 60's and 70's are a different time compared to now. When I think heroin and opioids I think white people... I don't think black people like they used to do it back in their heyday...

But it could be limited amount of pills in the black neighborhoods that you not seeing it... could be or maybe...

Black people are content with getting high on just weed... :heh: I notice everytime a white person gets high it's always some crazy ass drugs... like damn muthafukkas just wanted weed, these dudes snorting cocaine like it's nothing...:heh:

Also it's true there is a medical bias within the medical community with our tolerance for pain bullshyt... Like I said we don't need pills to get high... white drug users always chasing that bigger high. :yeshrug:
But again, that comes down to access.

You can't just get PILLS on the streets like that. You have to have access to them via an initial introduction from a physician then you had to be there during the hey day of the pain clinics. And whites predominated those prescriptions.

Can't use what you don't know about.

That just proves my point.

if you want to talk about "ways of getting high" then I can't really rock with that. Culture alone can't explain this.

Drugs get used by everyone. Just like when we talk about the marijuana incarceration discrepancy.

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps
racism saving black people?:stopitslime:...docs could give black folks the same drugs they giving whites and whites still gon be the main ones oding...i dont think black folks would get hooked on opiates if docs start prescribing them...most black folks do have respect for themselves and self control and dont naturally follow white people down into degeneracy...

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
the 60s and 70s disagree.

Can't do all this "equality" talk then act like we're biologically special above and beyond melanin.

Its very possible that limited access to pills in the first place is the root cause of the vast discrepancy.
Even in the 60's and 70's, whites made up the majority of heroin users in the country. I'm sure the latent racism of white doctors played a role, just not as large a role as the article suggests. The vast majority of the new heroin users were white kids who took prescription recreationally . The argument that they were innocently hooked because of a bad ankle sprain is specious because it masks white abuse of drugs and frames it as a mistake due to prescription happy doctors and not due to personal choice. Secondly, heroin use is now heavily stigmatized in the black community because of the 60's and 70's, plenty of people lost family members to the needle. This had a chilling effect on would be new black users. Had plenty of family members tell me they'd rather I smoke weed than ever fukk with "heron." Anecdotal but still. Racist assumptions about black pain tolerance held by white doctors is a piece of why black people may have avoided this wave, but it seems to be an incomplete explanation as to why most heroin users nowadays are white. Plenty of pill mills out here who will gladly write a script to anyone who will pay for a fake pain assessment.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So most white people are just some lil bytches? :jbhmm:
No. You're missing the point.

Its that the notion that doctors who may inadvertently or directly have racist views, tend to see black patients as either undeserving of access to pain pills either out of stereotypical attitudes of "blacks abusing drugs" OR the notion that blacks are "less susceptible to pain" which are both UNTRUE.

Its a loophole of the very racism implemented on their behalf.

Its not that whites are "whiny"

Theres on evidence whites need more or less sensitivity to pain to any appreciable degree than any other race.

And even then, "race" itself isn't clearly defined in this context because "white" doesn't mean much if you're talking about the vast stretches of what is classified as "white"