Medical racism may explain why blacks avoided the opioid crisis

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
But again, that comes down to access.

You can't just get PILLS on the streets like that. You have to have access to them via an initial introduction from a physician then you had to be there during the hey day of the pain clinics. And whites predominated those prescriptions.

Can't use what you don't know about.

That just proves my point.

if you want to talk about "ways of getting high" then I can't really rock with that. Culture alone can't explain this.

Drugs get used by everyone. Just like when we talk about the marijuana incarceration discrepancy.

:jbhmm: Access huh?!?! :manny: I mean it is what it is... white people using meth, fentanyl, heroin in droves regardless of access... that's their choice.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:bryan::bryan::bryan:
White supremacy has been trolling whites since the beginning of American history. LMAO!

"We're superior!"="Our shyt is covered up to save face and effects come to bite us in the ass on the back end."

Ironically, whites always get caught in the traps they set for us.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
This just reinforces my original point.

Disparities in access to medicine, care, insurance, etc. result in these gaps in the opioid crisis.

He still had a point in saying white people are little bytches:mjlol:

You have a point with that,but along with your point you are implying lack of access is the main reason we aren't also victims of the opiod crisis.

I like many others just feel like even with access we wouldn't fall victim to the crisis.

More likely to try pills yes,but become addicts which is the whole reason this is considered a "crisis"?I don't think so.

People have already given the reasons for this.

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying its a sole reason, but its a big reason that no one talks about and it may explain PHARMACEUTICAL abuse.

Specifically with respect to the modern crisis, we are seeing in relation to pharmaceuticals. This is different from street drug use. Which has declined generally.

PILLS alone would easily be explained by this.

Yeah, culture matters in terms of black history, but I think you're not appreciating the impact that the under-prescription of opioids to black patients may have ended up saving lives.

Think about it. Doctors have been saying for years they need to reduce many of these prescriptions. Whats not to say they saw blacks as additionally already being undeserving of the prescriptions on top of controlled efforts to reduce access to the pills.
I don't doubt that doctors latent racism helped to save black lives from the current crisis. What's fascinating to me about the current crisis is that is is entirely a product of perverse incentives. Drug companies gave doctors bonuses and other goodies if they pushed their product. Doctors then have an incentive to prescribe these new drugs to their patients all the while never disclosing to the poor white dupe that they are getting paid directly to do peer to peer marketing. The authority and prestige that is ascribed to doctors then works to hook the patient and gets them to buy in. Plus, the patient will tell all of their friends about the wonder drug. Brilliant if you are working with a sales at all costs mentality.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He still had a point in saying white people are little bytches:mjlol:

You have a point with that,but along with your point you are implying lack of access is the main reason we aren't also victims of the opiod crisis.

I like many others just feel like even with access we wouldn't fall victim to the crisis.

More likely to try pills yes,but become addicts which is the whole reason this is considered a "crisis"?I don't think so.

People have already given the reasons for this.
Theres no evidence to even support your highlighted claim unless you think black people are intrinsically isolated from the effects of addiction and we have way too many examples showing otherwise.

This veers into some weird "black supremacy" bullshyt and some undermined attempt at you trying to say "well white people are weak because they're white"

Dont do that. If you're going to have this debate you have to rise above simple shyt like that. If we're going to talk about white supremacy, lets do that using the data we can actually substantiate.

Being lazy with your arguments is why yall dont win these arguments.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't doubt that doctors latent racism helped to save black lives from the current crisis. What's fascinating to me about the current crisis is that is is entirely a product of perverse incentives. Drug companies gave doctors bonuses and other goodies if they pushed their product. Doctors then have an incentive to prescribe these new drugs to their patients all the while never disclosing to the poor white dupe that they are getting paid directly to do peer to peer marketing. The authority and prestige that is ascribed to doctors then works to hook the patient and gets them to buy in. Plus, the patient will tell all of their friends about the wonder drug. Brilliant if you are working with a sales at all costs mentality.
As with anything, its merely a factor. The extent of which is debatable...but its one factor you don't hear discussed.

I've seen few mainstream voices point this out.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
But it is partly true but not 4 that reason. The reason being is doctors in urban communities dont even prescribe any pills that r addictive u hafta go 2 the suburbs 2 get scripts now.