Mavs .5 game out of playoffs, chose to tank to maybe keep a fringe top 10 pick

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Your LeBron hate has rotted your brain. Now that you've moved on from the "Idiotic troll persona who posts embarrassing pictures of himself and talks about masturbating with his nephews", you literally have nothing else to talk about except hating Bron, and it makes you look like a fool.

You're supposedly a Laker fan, right? Did you even SEE the lineups that Bron played with this year?

Here are the starting lineups during that 20 or so game stretch when AD and Reeves were both out:

Schroder
Max Christie
Pat Bev
LeBron
Damien Jones

Schroder
Max Christie
Juan Toscano-Anderson
LeBron
Thomas Bryant

Schroder
Pat Bev
Troy Brown
LeBron
Thomas Bryant

Schroder
Lonnie Walker IV
Pat Bev
LeBron
Thomas Bryant

Schroder
Juan Toscano-Anderson
Pat Bev
Lebron
Thomas Bryant

Schroder
Juan Toscano-Anderson
Pat Bev
Lebron
Thomas Bryant

Schroder
Lonnie Walker IV
Troy Brown
LeBron
Thomas Bryant

You're complaining about Tim Hardaway being the #2 when Bron was playing with lineups that look like a fukking 15-win tanking squad. And yet they played .500 ball during that time, with wins over the Grizzlies and Kings and a 1-point loss to the Sixers during that stretch. It's like you have no clue whatsoever what happened this season.

Bron has NEVER quit midseason because his team was non-competitive. STFU with this nonsense.

Word to @NOSaintsFan02 and all my Saint brothers….

Taking a phrase from them

But Lebron was playing with a bunch of “Random #” :wow:

Can’t even find them jerseys in sports stores :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they goin punish Dallas, then punish Ainge and Utah becaue they pulled the same move. Dallas was virtually eliminated, they needed way too much outside help, Utah started tanking a week ago when they had a strong chance to get in and didn’t need as much outside help

Tanking in the NBA is just like tampering. Everybody does it at some point, we all know it, just don't be sloppy and blatant with it

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I hope this is trolling because how the fukk is tanking with 2 games when you only have a 2% chance of making the playoffs worse than tanking for 328 consecutive games? :bryan:

Sixers knew they were ass and had no chance at doing anything.

Mavs had at least a chance to make the Play-In and just threw in the towel, like damn at least go down swinging.

I didn’t say the Sixers were in the right to tank, and it was still shameless.

I just hate the idea in life in general of getting so close to something and then folding.

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
Your LeBron hate has rotted your brain. Now that you've moved on from the "Idiotic troll persona who posts embarrassing pictures of himself and talks about masturbating with his nephews", you literally have nothing else to talk about except hating Bron, and it makes you look like a fool.
You trolling right? Lol

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mavs had at least a chance to make the Play-In and just threw in the towel, like damn at least go down swinging.

I didn’t say the Sixers were in the right to tank, and it was still shameless.

I just hate the idea in life in general of getting so close to something and then folding.

They just mad it's Kyrie and they don't get Luka in the playoffs and Knicks lose their pick

Pffttttttttt the NBA.... they've been screwing over Dallas for decades now but it's ok when other teams do it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Bullshyt. The Sixers had made the ECSF just one year before. They had no chance because they traded away their young star for an injured player and a 1st-round pick, traded his sidekick away for another pick, waived all their vets, filled the roster with G league players, and then after tanking for a full year they used their #1 pick on an injured player and the #12 pick on a "stash him in Europe" guy so they could tank for another couple years.

But they weren't close. As I pointed out, .538 had already put their chances of making the playoffs at less than 5% for a full week BEFORE they decided to drop that game. And that was without being able to factor in the fact that the fully motivated Thunder were going to face a 3rd-string Grizzlies squad with nothing to play for. Mavs would have had to win their last two games, hope that Thunder blew a gimme game, and then win two straight play-in games on the road, all with a squad that had gone like 6-16 in their previous 22. All that just to get swept in the first round. They were toast.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People really acting like a fringe top 10 pick is a game changer :patrice:

Yea they’re better off with it than without, but this ain’t the NFL a pick around the 8-10 range the odds drop dramatically to get a ceiling raising player. For kicks n giggles look at picks 8-10 the last few years

2015- Stanley Johnson, Kaminsky, Winslow
2016- Chriss, Poetl, Maker

2017- Ntilikina- their tank commander tonight :bryan:, DSJ- Luka’s first failed co-D :bryan:, Zach Collins

2018- Sexton, Knox, Bridges
2019- Jaxson Hayes, Rui, cam reddish
2020- Obi, Advija, Jalen smith

That’s 1 out of 18 players that can be called a difference maker :dead:2 if you wanna count Poetl. Most of these nggas aren’t even making their 2nd contract with the team.

Dallas is completely fukked

Well team building wise they can either select a player or trade the player for a more established player. It’s not like they are a team with a bunch of cap they will need to reorganize this roster over the course of the offseason and that potential #10 pick is worth far more to then than a play in exit or first round defeat.

I really believe that the mavs will somehow figure this out a bit better and make some better decisions team roster wise. But Jason Kidd is Smdh.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mark Cuban is so competitive though. I can't see him making this kind of call. Nico or someone in that front office had to do a good job convincing Cuban to get that top 10 pick.

:russ: I know I would especially if I also knew we otherwise wouldn’t have a pick at all and middling assets with a weird roster construction yes I’d rather reset and come back.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Shameful organization. Maybe an unprecedented move. They seem content on ‘just let Luka do it ’. This will be Brunson, wood, and kyrie gone out the door in under a year, as they just stockpile role players to stand around so Luka can play high usage ball. Complete clusterfukk

It's not shameful. What play-in team actually does anything in the playoffs? 7-8 seeds usually get destroyed in the first round. You better off being in the lottery than swept in the first round.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well team building wise they can either select a player or trade the player for a more established player. It’s not like they are a team with a bunch of cap they will need to reorganize this roster over the course of the offseason and that potential #10 pick is worth far more to then than a play in exit or first round defeat.
They would probably use the pick to move Hardaway or more likely Wood for a more legit Center. No way are the Mavs looking to add a rookie unless they move up into the top #4.

I hope this is trolling because how the fukk is tanking with 2 games when you only have a 2% chance of making the playoffs worse than tanking for 328 consecutive games? :bryan:
A few things are different here and it takes what happened from normal tanking to another level of fukkery that I could see the league being pissed about,

1. Kidd already confessed that he threw the game at managements request and went beyond the normal “resting player” form of tanking. He made substitution to lose
  2. There is a difference between putting out a bad team and actively throwing a game. The league sent out a Memo explaining the difference in 2018. If you can justify putting out a bad team it's ok, you just have to be consistent and you have to have some sort of record justifying it.
  3. That 2018 memo was sent when they fined Cuban in 2018 for saying tanking happens
  4. In that same Memo Silver said he would drop the hammer on any team they could confirm threw a game
  5. The bylaw also said they could fine a owner $5 million, forfeit draft picks, or take draft picks and give it to other teams if a owner is found to have actively tried to manipulate a score of a game
  6. After all the shyt Cuban has said/done I have no doubt the Knicks FO filed a complaint on Cuban and the Mavs the same way Cuban did to them.
  7. While under investigation for tanking, the Mavs now have to tank another game
Tonight the Mavs are sitting players and I bet Kidd will not be substituting out players if they get hot. What's the saying “It's not what you do, it's how you do it”? Well the Mavs fukked up tanking.