Mavs .5 game out of playoffs, chose to tank to maybe keep a fringe top 10 pick

charknicks

All Star
Daps
For those who dont know... if the Knicks dont get the Mavs Top 10 protected pick this year (2023), they can still get the pick in either 2024 (top 10 protected) or 2025 (top 10 protected). So, if the Mavs dont make the playoffs the next 2 years, then the Knicks would get a 2nd round pick instead.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The NBA is stupid. Making the playoffs should be the goal of every franchise every season
The playoffs are designed to get the best teams to the NBA Finals on the easiest path. That means these lower team seeds are just there to provide short term drama and mostly get steamrolled. There is no point other than pride for Dallas to try and make the playoffs or play-in. It's fighting for the right to be cannon fodder.

On one side they have a chance to draft an impact player that can make their team better and on the other side it's fight to get into a tournament to fight for the right to get dismantled in the first round by the 1 or 2 seed. It's easy to see why they chose as they did. All this pearl clutching over teams doing the obvious thing is silly.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The playoffs are designed to get the best teams to the NBA Finals on the easiest path. That means these lower team seeds are just there to provide short term drama and mostly get steamrolled. There is no point other than pride for Dallas to try and make the playoffs or play-in. It's fighting for the right to be cannon fodder.

On one side they have a chance to draft an impact player that can make their team better and on the other side it's fight to get into a tournament to fight for the right to get dismantled in the first round by the 1 or 2 seed. It's easy to see why they chose as they did. All this pearl clutching over teams doing the obvious thing is silly.
I’m not arguing this point. I’m saying the entire construct is stupid. If Your sport is designed where teams prefer to no compete in the postseason then the league is seriously flawed

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Or the Mavs could use that pick and a few players like THJ and Wood for Isiah Stew, Bogo, and Killian Hayes :yes:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

They’re reiterating what I said about how Kidd fukked the Mavs and the Slovenia Luka sub out is also a real bad look since that implies tanking.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kyrie found an organization more dysfunctional than he is…he might be about to get paid :ehh:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Just stop with this disengious bullshyt. Luka has already made the wcf by his damn self. Kyrie has been on this team for less than 20 games, it isn't a good sample size to say "oh he can't make it with kyrie"...fukk are you even saying? Lebron would have mailed it in with a fake injury mid-season if he had to play with some of the garbage lineups Luka played with this season. His second best player was Tim Hardaway for 75% of the season. We can just leave it at that.

LOL BIG FACTS

@Rhakim I SEE I SCARED TO TAG ME TOO

:russ:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
LOL BIG FACTS

@Rhakim I SEE I SCARED TO TAG ME TOO

:russ:

Literally no one has ever been scared of you, Scitt, but that doesn't mean they have the least desire to talk to you either. I don't follow you around the board or tag you all the time for a reason. You've been nominated for WOAT in every forum for a reason. You're insufferable, and people don't like spending more time with you than they have to. There's a reason why even my enemies love tagging me and starting conversations all the time, while no one engages with you unless they want to fight.

Claiming the 2014-2018 Cavs were a superteam cause of Kyrie was pure silliness. I'm not "afraid" of your arguments there, I just don't see the benefit of them.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Literally no one has ever been scared of you, Scitt, but that doesn't mean they have the least desire to talk to you either. I don't follow you around the board or tag you all the time for a reason. You've been nominated for WOAT in every forum for a reason. You're insufferable, and people don't like spending more time with you than they have to. There's a reason why even my enemies love tagging me and starting conversations all the time, while no one engages with you unless they want to fight.

Claiming the 2014-2018 Cavs were a superteam cause of Kyrie was pure silliness. I'm not "afraid" of your arguments there, I just don't see the benefit of them.
:mjlol: :mjlol: :deadrose: