Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Family Man

Banned
Daps
and this is why a lot of black folk hit the :hubie: on people like you, and overall any attempt of black liberation or theology

ain't nobody in the wrong for speaking out if THAT is how somebody perceives you

don't matter if it's Garvey, the Isrealites on the corner, or some rando professor on twitter

when your contempt is obvious, folk will respond in kind. This is what Cosby had to find out the hard way.
I feel you bro. I get it. I understand.
But nikkas never liked being told what they need to hear. Cosby was 100% right too.

Last edited:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
:yeshrug:

This is why I say stop idolizing people and placing them in a "God" like category. We are all humans that have made plenty of mistakes, thats how plenty of yall became "woke".

Now you heard that he said this and now its "f garvey":heh:. Come on now...
Exactly. I don't know about these new nikkas man. Something off about them.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Marcus Garvey wrote the blueprint for modern, sneak-c00ning, try-hard, faux militants.

He also conspired with the KKK against fellow Black people.

He masqueraded his self hatred as pro-Blackness. Convincing Black people to leave a country they quite literally did the heavy lifting in building.

I see a lot of him in these modern day "We are our own worse enemy" conservative Blacks.

fukk him.
Also the "12 tribes" we was the moors negroes

Any excursion from the 400+years tangible. Is self hatred miscast as pro blackness

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Thing that’s most annoying about the comments is he wasn’t even in the south when he made these comments, and from what I read, he didn’t go down there at all. He was saying all this up north in a state that didn’t have to deal with all the terrorism that was present in the south. So, to call my ancestors lazy...

Most Black Americans were down south at the time, and he made these comments without really knowing the Black American. I can understand talking to the enemy in a quid pro quo situation, but calling black Americans out there name and you don’t know really know their struggle or situation?
When he first came to America, he was at Tuskegee.

edit- he wrote with Washington before Washington died and he went through the south while on a 38 state speaking tour. My bad but I knew he had some ties to tuskegee

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So we're canceling Marcus Garvey now?
:unimpressed:

Its crazy how Twitter is so insistent on cancel culture that people who aren't even alive get quotes and soundbites from them dug up to be picked apart. It's sick. Let the deceased rest
This is what the ADOS/FBA leaders want because they work for cacs.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cant lie, I look at him totally different now , because of a lot of statements Just like this one that he made about AA. I’m super Pan African before anyone even thinks I’m on some bullshyt. Before anyone speaks about the Nation of Islam (Malcolm X era) amd they associations with the KKK. It was only only about the understanding that they both wanted black and white people separated and stood against integration, meaning they fostered the minor relationship with some white supremacist to get them to push for the same objective. These statements made by Garvey are really disparaging of AA regardless of his intent or goals to unify African people. This is coming from someone who first learned about Garvey renting a book containing his speeches in my middle school library. It almost hurts. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t 100 on a lot of other shyt and cared about his people. But he had some extremely alarming shyt that I blindly rode against WEB for, that I now realize he perhaps was the realest one all along. This is somewhat like how black folks look at Booker T a little more favorable than originally when he was just written off as a c00n. Just the reverse effect. Any black leader wanted and destroyed by the FBI is my hero . But the criticism is justified

Therein lies the humor in nikkas like Garvey. He talked that shyt, but then cried like little bytch and got all up in his feelings about colorism because he felt that an educated African American man (Dubois) looked down on him as a con artist.

I never understood why Garvey got so much credit to begin with, because the whole separatism stuff was dumb due to African Americans already being separate due to Jim Crow segregation. So it was just basically a dumb marketing concept to take advantage of poor people.

DuBois was always a real Pan Africanist. He traveled Europe as a student in Germany and he saw America through the eyes of people outside of the Country, which is exactly what eventually happened to Malcolm X when he visited Mecca and Africa before his death.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
He's not wrong. He's was right then and he would be right now.
Every great black leader has made that same revelation.
Malcolm X has consistently called nikkas out for their handout mentality and their dependence on the welfare state instead of doing for self. Y'all hoe ass typing and tweeting ass nikkas finna cancel Minister X now?

People hate accountability and responsibility :wow:

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Y'all modern leaders say disparaging shyt about other black people all day long and it's hee hee hah hah, way worse than what Garvey ever said. He ain't say black Americans specifically and didn't have any hatred towards black people and y'all know it.

It's funny how this malnourished skeleton Yvette got way too excited digging up a 100+ year old quote from a man who ain't alive to defend himself or put it in context just to impress her idiot followers and get some likes. She don't seem to care all that much about reparations since most her posts are about petty bullshyt.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve always saw BTW as more of a capitalist and someone who bought into the bootstraps theory, which is why he was able to navigate the world of the Rockefeller’s and Carnegies.

When Garvey first came to the USA, he was at Tuskegee first but that didn’t last long.

DuBois was the only pure scholar/sociologist of this group we’re talking about. DuBois said a lot of similar things in The Philadelphia Negro (1896 I believe), but the difference is 1. His intended audience was not klan members and 2. He offered solutions to the problems he addressed.

why do you think the great migration really kicked off in the 1910’s? When the Great War started, European immigration sharply declined. The factories up north still needed a flow of cheap labor so they started recruiting folks in the south.

I say that to say that I think Garvey appealed to a lot of folks up north because they had already moved once and once you move once it’s easier to move again.

I think that Garvey appealed to people, because people were intimidated by an educated man like DuBois. DuBois went to Fisk, Harvard and she he studied in Germany. A lot of regular people did not understand him. Garvey on the other hand was more like his intended audience.

DuBois was way way ahead of his time. I did't agree with all of his positions, but he could clearly see the big picture.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Conservative blacks have a lot of parallels with historical black leaders, just like many of Tariqs followers have a lot of parallels with White supremacists...

If meeting with the KKK is the parameters I think NOI will be the next on the summer jam screen then but actually that’s already happened in some ways..

Africa is the richest continent in the world, so if it’s agent work to get African people in the diaspora to control that continent its finances its natural resources its land, then by God that’s a fine mighty agent..

Also America is built by Black Americans but America is only America because of Black Americans, take the Black away from it and that same America is not the same. So even though I don’t agree it’s a theory that is understandable, what is America now? The same America built by blacks serves Caucasian people in a way it does not ADOS... In fact it’s part of the sphere of western and white European influence rich at decimates and subjugates the whole world, so if he says be damned with America you have to understand where he was coming from, not necessarily agree.
I disagree, when has a black conservative empowered black people or gave them pride? They rather kiss white people's ass.