Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
They both had the goal of "returning" black americans to africa.

:ld:

I'm willing to give Garvey the benefit of the doubt. If he really thought Black people were lazy, good-for-nothings, would he really spent his time trying to get them out of America and into Africa?

Sounds like he was appealing to that pig's base nature to get what he wants.

Daps
I think that Garvey appealed to people, because people were intimidated by an educated man like DuBois. DuBois went to Fisk, Harvard and she he studied in Germany. A lot of regular people did not understand him. Garvey on the other hand was more like his intended audience.

DuBois was way way ahead of his time. I did't agree with all of his positions, but he could clearly see the big picture.

No lie samori i always thought dubois was a koon and garvey was the true pro black

I still respect garvey greatness far as crowdfunding and employing all black people but dubois created institutions that still stand and did alot for black people in his time

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I think that Garvey appealed to people, because people were intimidated by an educated man like DuBois. DuBois went to Fisk, Harvard and she he studied in Germany. A lot of regular people did not understand him. Garvey on the other hand was more like his intended audience.

DuBois was way way ahead of his time. I did't agree with all of his positions, but he could clearly see the big picture.
All facts. DuBois was even intimidating to his other peers, which is partially why he left Atlanta University. DuBois would say what he felt.

He pushed the culture forward. It’s amazing how both DuBois and Garvey influenced and created a space for the Harlem Renaissance to flourish.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
No lie samori i always thought dubois was a koon and garvey was the true pro black

I still respect garvey greatness far as crowdfunding and employing all black people but dubois created institutions that still stand and did alot for black people in his time
We’ve always been conditioned to put our leaders against one another. You either fukk with King, or X. Everything is presented in that manner and it’s fukked up

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Y'all modern leaders say disparaging shyt about other black people all day long and it's hee hee hah hah, way worse than what Garvey ever said. He ain't say black Americans specifically and didn't have any hatred towards black people and y'all know it.

It's funny how this malnourished skeleton Yvette got way too excited digging up a 100+ year old quote from a man who ain't alive to defend himself or put it in context just to impress her idiot followers and get some likes. She don't seem to care all that much about reparations since most her posts are about petty bullshyt.
Yvette doesn't really believe in reparations.

… at the heart of the teeth gnashing are Paul’s racist newsletters and their import. For me, this would be a much tougher nut to crack if structural and/or cultural racism were still the most heinous defect in the American body politic. But in a country where indefinite detention just became the law of the land, it’s not. In a country where unmanned American drones are killing innocent children abroad, it’s not. And in a country where mortgage scammers are protected from prosecution while Americans are being foreclosed on in record numbers, it’s not. Sorry black folks, but race and racism are not the biggest issues of the 21st century and to imagine otherwise is to conflate the issue and put the needs of your community ahead of the needs of America in particular and the global community in general. In that way, it’s a selfish usurpation of the political agenda to placate the few, and it shouldn’t be tolerated by black people of conscience.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
The Dear Prophet bought a cruise liner! The gall.

he wanted black folks to be self sufficient/self fish/have high racial self esteem and only care about our race and no one else and have other races have consequence when they harm one of us. We would be in a different 2021 if we took him seriously. c00ning would be a death sentence. :pacspit:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

I'm willing to give Garvey the benefit of the doubt. If he really thought Black people were lazy, good-for-nothings, would he really spent his time trying to get them out of America and into Africa?

Sounds like he was appealing to that pig's base nature to get what he wants.
When Garvey said those things it’s not because he viewed them as inherent qualities but product of oppression from white rule

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That is Garvey's intention as well. Read the entire letter. Of course, that doesn't excuse the disparaging statement(s) he made. Garvey was a Black separatist who advocated for Black racial purity and segregation of the races. He hated inter-marriage/mixing and regularly referred to them as mongrels. Reading the letter, it's obvious his point is that if he can't convince Black people to see from his perspective and make the necessary moves towards self-segregation, then maybe the ws can get it done (with white people) to force it on them. He saw any Black person not working towards that goal as a liability. Those comments are not surprising when you view them under that lens. They're still horrible though.
Oh I completely agree. Something you have to take with a grain of salt

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
full