Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Everybody is really raising great points on both sides of the argument. At the end of the day just remember that the powers that b wanted him dead and out of the way because of how he was unifying black people, regardless of his faults. But great points from everyone. Personally I think even if you don’t like him, it is some c00n shyt to be on that cancel shyt on Twitter and Facebook ect. Let’s please stay on code and keep that here. Not trying to entertain crackers on social media

Last edited:

Fly

Superstar
Daps
Lol at the caping going on in here. Saying that shyt to a known WS is nothing more than an attempt to brown nose. There was 0 benefit to making that statement outside of getting on that cac’s good side. Straight up c00n shyt. Whether or not he was “right” is irrelevant. It isn’t even about what was said, it’s who he was saying it to.

It’s one thing to down your own race to your own race. That can be justified at times, but to do it in private to a cac whose entire career was promoting the idea that black people were inferior is tap dancing.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Anybody else finds it weird that pro Black leaders always seem to reach out to ws?
Malcolm and NOI was different than Garveys goofy ass.

Garvey was out getting support financially from the KKK and commedning their efforts because it supported his movement with people going to him out of fear and frustration

X and NOI was different and more so a act of diplomacy.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Meanwhile Garvey was the same clown that accused DuBois of being against Garvey, because Garvey was a dark skinned Caribbean. All that DuBois was actually saying was that a call for complete separation was a surrender to White supremacy.

It was amazing that Dubois vision of African Americans survived the shortsightedness of Booker T. Washington and Marcus Garvey. At the end of the day Dubois showed himself to be the true Pan Africanist.
Gavrey should never be mentioned with the tier of Malcolm X, King, Dubois ever again.

dude was goofy as a mf. i dont like completely shytting on the guy, but this is eye opening and really shows who was right. Between him and Dubois

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Almost every so-called "Black" "Leader/Intellectual" over the past 100 years, Malcolm X, Claude Anderson etc. has said a variation of this statement. I heard Claude Anderson accidentally slip out his mouth and implied there was something genetically wrong with "black" folks. LOL.

shyt...you had so-called "Blacks" in the 1800's, like Denmark Vessey and Gabriel Prosser trying to organize "Black" folks to free themselves from captivity and you had their own people running to the Caucazoid to get them executed so they could return to their comfy and easy life on the plantation working for the rest of thier life for massa. I'm pretty sure that's the mindstate Garvey is refering to.

When you are a forward 3-Dimensional thinking individual, providing practical solutions for your people to help them climb out of the rut their stupid collective decision making has placed them in...and see, generation after generation after generation Black folks continually digging the rut even deeper every generation with stupid, illogical decision making and promoting and adhering to counter-productive culturally regressive ass backwards culture that keeps you perputually at the bottom of society and under the thumb of the Caucazoid...the wheels start turning in your head...and you start inquiring "What the fuk is wrong with my people"?

Jeremiah 2:14 — Is Israel a servant? is he a homeborn slave? why is he spoiled?

Deuteronomy 28:28 YHWH shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
Deuteronomy 28:29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

:jbhmm:

And when you move as a nation or as a soverign national...you're inevitably going to have to politic with those whose doctrines and ideologies who you don't agree with, in regards to his correspondance with a racist. Garvey wanted all his people in Africa and the KKK leader agreed...so why exactly would they be at odds? :heh:

I don't see the point of corresponding with a KKK dude outside of the fact that they had alot more power and influence in the mainstream Caucazoid community in Garvey's day...but ain't nothing to get all in your feelings about when you consider his goal was Autonomy and Soverign Nationalism...a concept which has been thoroughly psychologically beat out of "Black" folks with "Civil Rights" movement which was nothing more than the promotion of being in perpetual servitude under the Caucazoid and looking for a people that detest you as your chief deity to solve all your problems and opt to be a "homeborn slave" and "do nothing slumberer" instead of putting in real work and taking the initiative to build up your community and be the problem solver for your own people...This is the modern incarnate who Garvey is refering to.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Thing that’s most annoying about the comments is he wasn’t even in the south when he made these comments, and from what I read, he didn’t go down there at all. He was saying all this up north in a state that didn’t have to deal with all the terrorism that was present in the south. So, to call my ancestors lazy...

Most Black Americans were down south at the time, and he made these comments without really knowing the Black American. I can understand talking to the enemy in a quid pro quo situation, but calling black Americans out there name and you don’t know really know their struggle or situation?
and according to @IllmaticDelta the majority of people who supported him were west indians. So the people who he was around and being supported by, going to his lectures and all were very likely not Black americans