Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Sounds like he was talking about black people as a race during the time he was alive.

A little pessimistic, but from what Ive read he honestly thought he was pulling fast one trying to galvanize folks to head back to Africa he believed ADOS was going to be victim to a genocide campaign
EX: He criticized Margaret Sanger's Planned Parenthood outreach as a form of genocide.

Dubois was on an advisory council supporting her.

Leaders are human and flawed.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said he's the Blueprint for these modern guys. Guys who have a point but who's message gets lost to many because of the extra-ness.

I agree with this.. FBI always showed that if they can't catch you on one thing, they'll find another way to jam you up.. And it be something petty at that..

FBI "claimed" they "seen" Dr King stand by while a woman was raped..

But my question is why didn't the FBI get him then? I mean he's an accomplish to a crime.. Why they didn't get him then?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Garvey been dead a long time.. So her posting this is interesting..

I don't keep up with the lady so im asking you guys.. What is she working on right now in regards to #ADOS and the fight for reparations?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
no fukk you. FBI was known for disrupting black advancement. It’s the reason that organization was created to stop Garvey from taking over the continent of Africa cause the Berlin conference was going on at the time. :pacspit:
The conference of Berlin was in the 1885. Garvey was born in 1887. The FBI did originate to bring down Garvey and used mail fraud as the way. And the FBI infiltrated his organization through informants.

Just want to make sure facts aren’t being misstated.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

giphy.gif

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Black and white ethnonationalists have the same goals. It doesn't really surprise me that he would talk to Klansmen. The NOI palled around with neo Nazis, after all. I am surprised at the anti black American rhetoric, though.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The conference of Berlin was in the 1885. Garvey was born in 1887. The FBI did originate to bring down Garvey and used mail fraud as the way. And the FBI infiltrated his organization through informants.

Just want to make sure facts aren’t being misstated.

These young dudes just not trying to calm down and think.. Everything is off the top rope for them.. :mjlol:

After emancipation, white people were scrambling to put organizations together to watch us..

invalid

Banned
Daps
Tbh, most of the black leaders at the time said the same thing about a segment of the black community. That a certain segment was slothful and shiftless. I know for sure I read Dubois and Douglas saying something to that extent.

but i thought we soon realized that he was... nvm. I'm not gonna set myself up.

What was that?

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Marcus Garvey believed the best thing for Black people would be to get far away from cacs, and to those ends he sought to leverage those cacs who preached separation, convince them their cause was the same, and get them to put money and political clout behind it to help him build up a movement to Liberia. and the meetings with the Klan were to negotiate safety for his people to promote the black star line in the south.

is it how I would have moved? nope. but we gonna start adding Marcus Garvey to the c00n list? one of the original leaders who inspired black pride, black autonomy, black unity and black self reliance at a time we needed to hear it the most? we gonna cancel him for making some acquaintances he thought would be useful?

by the way, none of this is new info