Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Keep in mind they were essentially BUILDING A PEOPLE
we were babies in a sense
the majority were prohibited from education

I give them a pass
a million passes
they were trying to figure things out
NO blueprint
NO internet

we have a difficult time today
the panthers had a difficult time

we have to put ourselves in their shoes
the information they had
their youth
them theorising and making mistakes

today though
we have little excuses
enough of us are educated and we have the greatest invention ever
the Internet

if those gentlemen could have communicated and debated in real time
things might have been different
I can’t give a pass for co signing eugenics
I would really like to talk to him personally on his mind set about eugenics cause I don’t understand how anybody black could co sign that shyt back in the day were folks was getting lynched, like we wouldn’t be the main ones being eliminated if that eugenics shyt went through

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I can’t give a pass for co signing eugenics
I would really like to talk to him personally on his mind set about eugenics cause I don’t understand how anybody black could co sign that shyt back in the day were folks was getting lynched, like we wouldn’t be the main ones being eliminated if that eugenics shyt went through

Folks still struggle today with certain things.
For example, population control and dna alteration

is not making super babies the very definition of eugenics
something viewed as terrible is slowly changing via science

as said with population control, it is a harsh discussion to have
the world cannot continue on the path it is on

at least with how we use its resources
how do we have a smaller population though

imagine those guys at that time having such questions
the biggest one I imagine would be reconciliation vs revenge
the type of economics
the type of laws
type of gov

those are major

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I whole heartedly disagree with anybody down playing civil rights but
Web Dubois lowkey co-signed eugenics, booker t Washington tried to sabotage the niagara movement
Not saying they bad dudes but we have to look at history unemotionally, and some of are biggest figures will and should be called out

:childplease: If you're talking his "Talented Tenth", that wasn't no eugenics shyt, at least not in the way the way most people think:mjpls:when they hear that word

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
:childplease: If you're talking his "Talented Tenth", that wasn't no eugenics shyt, at least not in the way the way most people think:mjpls:when they hear that word
Some of the thought leaders back in the day including Dubois co-signed Margaret Sanger

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Jamaica lacked a/the united "black" identity that crossed admixture/complexions, that developed in the USA:

USA

XsYzrS3.png

XIi10nJ.png

XcGtsRD.png

Jamaica

YWm1kGt.jpg

TO0tD6H.jpg
when we look at black people who are "c00ns" or "white washed" it's an opinion on who they are and what they are trying to represent. When you look at latin america and the caribbean they def have a caste system in place that damn near locks you in. I can see why Garvey and that other guy were kinda radical, especially for their time.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Garvey did mention that there were a lot of white supporting Blacks in the US that needed to stay there instead of going to Africa as they'd be detrimental to the continent. And in that sense he was right. He just underestimated how many there were. :mjpls:

Because in the US probably 80% of Black people suffer from stockholm syndrome and like being around whites despite the lynchings, despite slavery, and despite the endless racial terror.

And they even fought during the Civil Rights movement for the *right* to hand their children over to whites in white run schools. Which is insane because you couldn't pay Jewish people enough to hand their kids over to nazis at schools that they run.
I think it would be moreso that they are used to creature comforts that America had compared to Africa, at that time wasn't most of Africa in the hands of colonist anyway and outside of the built up urban areas they would be living in rural areas and honestly it would be the same shyt just at the hands of dutch, german, british, french or portuguese white folk anway, with more brutality give or take depending on the country.

White = intelligence, better living or money is still a correlation a lot of black people do today.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:

"New World Blacks" are Westerners/Westernized by default but they're rooted in older African traditions that have been Creolized. Garvey looked down on the African-based elements that are a part of the stew in the Creolization process. He basically wanted to produce culturally "white" black people/black civilization:russ:
he kinda got a point, slavery underdeveloped africa and then you had the european countries come over and take over to develop them by subjugating the people and taking the resources from them.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Especially the origins of the brown paper bag was adopted by A.A
yeah but that was just an opinion formed by A.A. there wasn't a distinct "brown, mulatto, octoroon" class like the antebellum south wanted because of how the civil war played out and how foreigners were starting to move in.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I try not to pay much attention to the activities of men in secret groups
Garvey and Dubois included
the maze can be too much for my understanding

what I will say though
is there was a time Garvey was pelted with stones like whilst preaching in jamaica

there are always folks who are AGAINST blk people uniting and getting stronger

when will we have a discussion about BLACK SELLOUTS?

as in those who sold their brothers in africa
those who told on their brothers trying to escape plantation
those who joined confederate armies
on and on and on

might you be missing a bigger picture here?
that YES in every generation and country there are some real sellouts

and was such from the beginning and is such now

they also exist on the coli
or as one of the passages read how white folk brain washed the buffer class to make sure not to coordinate with the under class as that would overthrow them. So disinformation was key.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of the thought leaders back in the day including Dubois co-signed Margaret Sanger

"The Negro race, like all other races, is going to be saved by exceptional men.”3 Du Bois was also a strong proponent of birth control for African American women. In an article for the June 1932 issue of Margaret Sanger’s Birth Control Review entitled “A Negro Number,” Du Bois argued that birth control for poor African Americans was necessary for the race and that people “must learn that among human races and groups, as among vegetables, quality and not mere quantity really counts.”

He was the god of the boule,the boule will always adopt white supremacy rhetoric,and use it to subjegate their own for the betterment of the "exceptional negro". I wouldnt say he was cosigning eugenics neccessarily. He took the part of the "science" he could use to push his agenda. Which was the agenda of black elitist/boule even before eugenics.

Some of these people even believed that slavery rooted out the weakest of us. Because they lacked the skills and attitude neccessary for self preservation.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
"The Negro race, like all other races, is going to be saved by exceptional men.”3 Du Bois was also a strong proponent of birth control for African American women. In an article for the June 1932 issue of Margaret Sanger’s Birth Control Review entitled “A Negro Number,” Du Bois argued that birth control for poor African Americans was necessary for the race and that people “must learn that among human races and groups, as among vegetables, quality and not mere quantity really counts.”

He was the god of the boule,the boule will always adopt white supremacy rhetoric,and use it to subjegate their own for the betterment of the "exceptional negro". I wouldnt say he was cosigning eugenics neccessarily. He took the part of the "science" he could use to push his agenda. Which was the agenda of black elitist/boule even before eugenics.

Some of these people even believed that slavery rooted out the weakest of us. Because they lacked the skills and attitude neccessary for self preservation.
I just don’t understand how could you have that type of mentality but claim to be for black people

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just don’t understand how could you have that type of mentality but claim to be for black people

I guess the question is if you are for some black people,but not all,does that mean you arent for black people? In nature some trees need to fall down in order for others to grow. The boule believe poor and uneducated blacks are a detriment and ball and chain on the collective. I cant actually say they are wrong within this system of white supremacy. I just believe whats considered "thriving" would be different if we werent under white supremacy programming. Your going to have to get over this "my people" idea as well. All black people aint your people. And Im glad Garvey was wise enough to say not all black people need to leave to Africa:mjlol:. Becauase many had adopted the ideology of the European and would be constantly comparing,oppressing and acting as agents. That ingredient is missing too often in pan africanism. On a sidenote we are not trees,we can simply move out of the cold shadow of the European:respect: