Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And Im glad Garvey was wise enough to say not all black people need to leave to Africa:mjlol:. Becauase many had adopted the ideology of the European and would be constantly comparing,oppressing and acting as agents. That ingredient is missing too often in pan africanism. On a sidenote we are not trees,we can simply move out of the cold shadow of the European:respect:

Garvey was basically going to do exactly that, which is why so many Africans and Black leaders from the Americas looked at him like :childplease:

Last edited:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
or as one of the passages read how white folk brain washed the buffer class to make sure not to coordinate with the under class as that would overthrow them. So disinformation was key.

A point comes when we have to blame ourselves...
notice in the passage it said "put them in a position to develop their natural prejudices"....

when the panthers fell for the east coast vs west coast bullshyt....
dubois vs garvey
biggie vs pac
on and on and on

a time should come when we have to admit that we have issues amongst ourselves
was the same in Africa

and an enemy or outsider can easily play on it

many times our issues are simplistic, like literally kiddie shyt

how easy it is though for someone to play on those issues

we have to be smarter than that

I take it a bit further than race though
the feeling is that humanity, the whole earth, needs to unite

once there is separation, progress and peace will always be threatened

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I guess the question is if you are for some black people,but not all,does that mean you arent for black people? In nature some trees need to fall down in order for others to grow. The boule believe poor and uneducated blacks are a detriment and ball and chain on the collective. I cant actually say they are wrong within this system of white supremacy. I just believe whats considered "thriving" would be different if we werent under white supremacy programming. Your going to have to get over this "my people" idea as well. All black people aint your people. And Im glad Garvey was wise enough to say not all black people need to leave to Africa:mjlol:. Becauase many had adopted the ideology of the European and would be constantly comparing,oppressing and acting as agents. That ingredient is missing too often in pan africanism. On a sidenote we are not trees,we can simply move out of the cold shadow of the European:respect:
In no shape or form should people be advocating for less black kids, especially during them days when kids were extremely valuable

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I just don’t understand how could you have that type of mentality but claim to be for black people

With Dubois, that was more a "class" thing but he was definitely all about unity amongst the race

XYxfayI.png

Garvey on the other hand was trying to create a "pure" negro race while mixing in the "class" aspects

qmwQ87l.jpg

q5x8RU2.jpg

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
With Dubois, that was more a "class" thing but he was definitely all about unity amongst the race

XYxfayI.png

Garvey on the other hand was trying to create a "pure" negro race while mixing in the "class" aspects

qmwQ87l.jpg

q5x8RU2.jpg

I am super interested in hearing your thoughts on the above?

are you for the 1 drop blackness or pure blackness?

for full disclosure, I am for humanity, aka all colors of people who are good

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I am super interested in hearing your thoughts on the above?

are you for the 1 drop blackness or pure blackness?

for full disclosure, I am for humanity, aka all colors of people who are good

Depends what you mean by "pure blackness". If you mean the "true negro" stereotype, nah I don't follow/agree with that measure of blackness:skip:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Depends what you mean by "pure blackness". If you mean the "true negro" stereotype, nah I don't follow/agree with that measure of blackness:skip:

do you think Garvey should have been "punished" for recognizing a "color line"?

if you were around during that time, which side would you have chosen on the issue?

pure blackness I mean not having features or skin of a european
if that is what that refers to

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if you were around during that time, which side would you have chosen on the issue?

If he were around that time, his entire world view would be warped by the politics of the time.
Marcus Garvey and many others from that period are defined exactly by that, by being around
during a time where talk of eugenics and race superiority was "Normal" and OPEN and not coded like
it is now.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Garvey was basically going to do exactly that, which is why so many Africans and Black leaders from the America's looked at him like :childplease:

Dubois also wasn’t a saint.

If you’re gonna call Garvey out for some of his decisions - you need to do the same about Dubois. At the end of the day, Dubois later in his life accepted Garvey was right hence he moved to Ghana.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

If you’re gonna call Garvey out for some of his decisions - you need to do the same about Dubois. At the end of the day, Dubois later in his life accepted Garvey was right hence he moved to Ghana.
Garvey was A GRIFTER AND BUM

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

He needed to be corrected (and he was) for trying to bring amongst USA blacks the reason why he failed in jamaica in the first place

obviously the american side

"pure black" in the Garvey/jamaican sense meant dark skinned people. Garvey's wife wasn't even considered "black" in Jamaica, as she was a part of the "brown class" and she wasn't even that light :dahell: (this better explains why Garvey hated light skinned blacks lol)

female-leader-amy-jacques.jpg

ev5KyQG.jpg

Amy Jacques was proud of her light brown hue, which granted her an assumption of difference, or “superiority,” when compared to the black laboring classes of the island. She, like most Jamaican citizens of the period, had no doubt internalized the Eurocentric, but very real connection between color and prestige fused during slavery. She had inherited her mother’s genetic makeup: light brown skin and a fine hair texture. In contrast, her father was of a darker hue. Amy often credited him with her intellectual development and apparently loved him dearly, but as the product of an environment where individuals often prejudged others based on appearance, she recalled how “she had been ashamed of her father coming to school because of his dark color. It seems that color clouded Amy’s thinking in such a dramatic way that at times she felt uncomfortable sharing a public space, her school, with her own father

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
If he were around that time, his entire world view would be warped by the politics of the time.
Marcus Garvey and many others from that period are defined exactly by that, by being around
during a time where talk of eugenics and race superiority was "Normal" and OPEN and not coded like
it is now.

Absolutely. There are things most of us believed 10 years ago that we do not now.
Years ago you could find posts of people saying nothing wrong with beating their kids.
Now you will hardly find that.
It is so easy to point and blame.

They had no internet and communicated by letters, also took a long time to travel one place to another.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Of course dubois agreed garvey was somewhat right : garvey regurgitated in the 1920s what aframs had already said/did in the 1800s